Essay Topic 1
Zeno has a love/hate relationship with smoking. Examine the nature of a love/hate relationship.
1) Why would someone do something he hated?
2) What sort of gratification would a person get from engaging in activity that he both loved and hated?
3) How is it possible to love and hate something at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Zeno seems to use his addiction to smoking as an excuse for various types of troubling behavior. Examine this behavior.
1) Does his smoking really cause his problems?
2) Does he enjoy having an excuse not to excel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 4
From Chapter 1, respond to Zeno's assertion that you can only maintain the noble attitude you struck by making a resolution by actually breaking and renewing the resolution.
Essay Topic 5
Respond to Zeno's behavior of...
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)