|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Nat's grandmother die?
2. Why do Marse Sam and the traveling salesman go out to the veranda?
(a) To buy seeds for next year's plantings.
(b) To make out a requisition.
(c) To calculate how much wood from the mill the salesman can sell.
(d) To decide which plow to buy.
3. Moore's farm is next to whose?
(a) Joseph Travis.
(b) Major Thomas Ridley.
(c) Mr. Pemberton's.
(d) Reverend Eppes.
4. When Moore meets Isham on the road, what does Isham do?
(a) Swears at Moore.
(b) Asks for medicine for his sick baby.
(c) Asks to rent Nat for the day.
(d) Asks for work.
5. Nat took four slaves to be hired out to Vaughan's for two weeks. When Nat met the men at the trace, what happened?
(a) Nat took the slaves to the revival instead.
(b) The Vaughans didn't need them and sent them back.
(c) The slaves were sold.
(d) Nat felt the presence of the Lord.
6. What happened when Nat and Willis went to the creek together?
(a) A fishing lesson.
(b) Nat fell in.
(c) A sermon.
(d) A baptism.
7. After Benjamin died, who inherited the plantation?
(a) Miss Nell.
(b) Lewis Turner.
(c) Miss Elizabeth.
(d) Samuel Turner.
8. Benjamin stated that he, too, would like to do away with slavery. What did he say might take the places of the slaves?
(a) Workers from another country.
(d) Hired help.
9. Who ends up killing the first victim in the insurrection?
10. What book did Nat steal from the Turner library?
(a) The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(b) The plantation's record book.
(c) A book of maps of the northern states.
(d) His master's Bible.
11. What happens at Persons' millpond after Nat had been teaching Bible class for a while?
(a) Nat baptizes Ethelred Brantley.
(b) Nat preaches a sermon.
(c) Nat reveals his plans to Hark.
(d) Nat baptizes Thomas Moore.
12. What was Nat's mother's name?
13. What does Nat see as a good omen right before he returns to the farm from his "sanctuary" after revealing his plans to his core group of followers?
(a) The call of an eagle from a nearby tree.
(b) A king snake sunning itself nearby.
(c) A new slave joins the group.
(d) He finds an old sword in the woods.
14. What does Nat see in the Northern lady's eyes at the beginning of Part 3 that ignited his hatred?
15. Why can't Nat carry out the rebellion on the date he originally chose?
(a) The 4th of July celebrations will be held in town, not outside it.
(b) He'll be working at Mrs. Whitehead's on his birthday.
(c) The Memorial Day picnic will be at the armory lawn.
(d) His master will be out of town on his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed at the first location in the insurrection?
2. Nat's father "ran off" from the Turner household. Why?
3. What were Marse Samuel's "grander plans" for Nat?
4. Nat remembers a visitor to the Turner household when he was about twelve. What does Nat remember the visitor describing?
5. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)