|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first stop for the initial band of men on the insurrection?
(a) Jeremiah Cobb's plantation.
(b) Benjamin Turner's homestead.
(c) The Barnett plantation.
(d) Joseph Travis's farm.
2. What book did Nat steal from the Turner library?
(a) The plantation's record book.
(b) The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(c) A book of maps of the northern states.
(d) His master's Bible.
3. After dinner, what does Miss Nell do?
(a) Go out to the smokehouse.
(b) Take a poultice to a sick Negro child in the cabins.
(c) Ask that dessert be served on the veranda.
(d) Give the cooks their orders for the next day's meals.
4. How many people were killed at the first location in the insurrection?
5. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
(a) Maintain silence.
(c) Bow their heads .
(d) Recite the 23rd Psalm.
6. After Nat says his final prayer before beginning the insurrection, what does he do?
(a) Sets fire to his tabernacle.
(b) Decides to fast until the day the uprising begins.
(c) Hides some weapons in the woods.
(d) Slaughters a pig as an offering to the Lord.
7. Benjamin said that saves were as unteachable as a what?
(a) Brain-damaged child.
(c) Deaf and dumb child.
8. What did Miss Nell give Nat one year for Christmas?
(a) A copy of the Gettysburg Address.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A book by Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A copy of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
9. What did Marse Samuel state he couldn't advocate freeing saves without?
(a) Paying jobs.
(c) Money to live on.
10. According to a preacher that Nat heard, he that increaseth knowledge increaseth ________.
11. How did Little Morning determine which jar held molasses?
(a) By asking Nat.
(b) By reading the label on the jar.
(c) By dipping a finger inside.
(d) By asking her mother.
12. What upcoming event does Nat take as his new "sign" to start his insurrection?
(a) The mill in town closing down.
(b) A Baptist revival camp meeting.
(c) A visit from a famous minister and teacher.
(d) A slave trader coming through town with over 100 slaves.
13. What does Nat compare his life as a slave child to?
(a) Yearling mule.
(d) Trained monkey.
14. Shortly after the trial, what happens to Nate?
(a) He gets a premonition.
(b) He gets a warning.
(c) He gets a Bible.
(d) He gets a fever.
15. Who ends up killing the first victim in the insurrection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nat's mother considers the household servants to be what?
2. What was Nat's mother's name?
3. Moore's farm is next to whose?
4. Who almost discovers Nat reading right after he steals the book?
5. What does Nat see in the Northern lady's eyes at the beginning of Part 3 that ignited his hatred?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)