|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat hide the stolen book immediately after taking it?
(a) Under his mattress on the floor.
(b) Beneath some hay in the stables.
(c) Beneath the house.
(d) Under a loose plank in the smokehouse floor.
2. Nat convinces some of his followers to join him by telling them of a "black" conqueror. About whom did Nat speak?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
3. What does Nat compare his life as a slave child to?
(a) Trained monkey.
(d) Yearling mule.
4. After five days in the woods with Hark, what happens to Nat?
(a) He sees a vision.
(b) He decides to run away.
(c) He gets lost and can't find his way home.
(d) He witnesses a murder.
5. How many steps are in Nat's plan to kill the white people?
6. What is camphene?
(a) Alcohol mixed with gasoline.
(b) Grain alcohol mixed with oil..
(c) Turpentine mixed with grain alcohol.
(d) Gunpowder mixed with sulphur
7. Who almost discovers Nat reading right after he steals the book?
(a) Nat's mother.
(c) Nat's master.
8. Who was Nat's owner when Nat was about twelve?
(a) Samuel Turner.
(b) Jeremiah Cobb.
(c) Mrs. Turner.
(d) He was free when he was twelve.
9. Who does Nat befriend in the carpentry shop?
10. What does Nat see in the Northern lady's eyes at the beginning of Part 3 that ignited his hatred?
11. After creating his little "tabernacle" in the woods at Moore's farm, what does Nat occasionally do?
(a) Write letters.
12. What does Nat do for the first time the Saturday he and Hark are at market?
(a) Makes love to a girl.
(b) Preaches a sermon.
(c) Swear at a white man.
(d) Gain some money toward his freedom.
13. Nat took four slaves to be hired out to Vaughan's for two weeks. When Nat met the men at the trace, what happened?
(a) Nat took the slaves to the revival instead.
(b) The slaves were sold.
(c) Nat felt the presence of the Lord.
(d) The Vaughans didn't need them and sent them back.
14. Which of Nat's followers was deaf?
15. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
(a) Bow their heads .
(c) Maintain silence.
(d) Recite the 23rd Psalm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed at the first location in the insurrection?
2. What upcoming event does Nat take as his new "sign" to start his insurrection?
3. What was the first stop for the initial band of men on the insurrection?
4. Why do Marse Sam and the traveling salesman go out to the veranda?
5. What did Marse Samuel propose to Nat when they rode together to Jerusalem?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)