|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which room did Nat steal a book?
(a) The library.
(b) The smoking room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) Mr. Turner's bedroom.
2. Nat took four slaves to be hired out to Vaughan's for two weeks. When Nat met the men at the trace, what happened?
(a) The slaves were sold.
(b) Nat felt the presence of the Lord.
(c) The Vaughans didn't need them and sent them back.
(d) Nat took the slaves to the revival instead.
3. Who eventually catches Nat with the stolen book?
(a) Samuel Turner.
(c) Little Morning.
(d) Nat's mother.
4. On Marse Samuel's plantation, how were the slaves awoken in the morning?
(a) By Nat running through the slave cabins waking everyone.
(b) By a triangle being rung at the Big House.
(c) By the foreman.
(d) By Abraham's trumpet call.
5. What book did Nat steal from the Turner library?
(a) The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(b) The plantation's record book.
(c) A book of maps of the northern states.
(d) His master's Bible.
6. What does Nat remember seeing after getting to Major Ridley's place?
(a) Major Ridley coming out to make peace with Nat.
(b) Negroes running away from the farm.
(c) The butler running up the street to sound the alarm.
(d) Negroes with rifles and muskets.
7. Benjamin stated that he, too, would like to do away with slavery. What did he say might take the places of the slaves?
(b) Workers from another country.
(d) Hired help.
8. What year did Nat's grandmother die?
9. What upcoming event does Nat take as his new "sign" to start his insurrection?
(a) The mill in town closing down.
(b) A visit from a famous minister and teacher.
(c) A Baptist revival camp meeting.
(d) A slave trader coming through town with over 100 slaves.
10. After creating his little "tabernacle" in the woods at Moore's farm, what does Nat occasionally do?
(d) Write letters.
11. When Moore meets Isham on the road, what does Isham do?
(a) Asks for work.
(b) Asks to rent Nat for the day.
(c) Asks for medicine for his sick baby.
(d) Swears at Moore.
12. What was Hark best-known for at the Travis farm?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Being able to read.
(c) Being "strong as an ox".
(d) Running away.
13. While driving Miss Margaret to the Vaughans' farm, what dying animal do she and Nat see?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cow.
(d) A buzzard.
14. Nat remembers a visitor to the Turner household when he was about twelve. What does Nat remember the visitor describing?
15. What type of bird does Nat watch from his hiding place immediately after stealing the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who almost discovers Nat reading right after he steals the book?
2. Who ends up killing the first victim in the insurrection?
3. Who does Nat befriend in the carpentry shop?
4. What was the first stop for the initial band of men on the insurrection?
5. How did Benjamin die?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)