|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were killed at the first location in the insurrection?
2. Who eventually catches Nat with the stolen book?
(a) Nat's mother.
(c) Samuel Turner.
(d) Little Morning.
3. Who does Nat befriend in the carpentry shop?
4. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
(a) Maintain silence.
(c) Recite the 23rd Psalm.
(d) Bow their heads .
5. Moore's farm is next to whose?
(a) Mr. Pemberton's.
(b) Reverend Eppes.
(c) Joseph Travis.
(d) Major Thomas Ridley.
6. Who tries to take over the insurrection from Nat?
7. Which of Nat's followers was deaf?
8. As Nat approaches the age of thirty, what does he notice about the area in which he lives?
(a) His fellow slaves are much more miserable.
(b) His master is getting meaner.
(c) A bit of prosperity is returning.
(d) The drought is destroying everything.
9. From which room did Nat steal a book?
(a) The library.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The smoking room.
(d) Mr. Turner's bedroom.
10. What happens at Persons' millpond after Nat had been teaching Bible class for a while?
(a) Nat reveals his plans to Hark.
(b) Nat preaches a sermon.
(c) Nat baptizes Ethelred Brantley.
(d) Nat baptizes Thomas Moore.
11. What upcoming event does Nat take as his new "sign" to start his insurrection?
(a) A Baptist revival camp meeting.
(b) A slave trader coming through town with over 100 slaves.
(c) A visit from a famous minister and teacher.
(d) The mill in town closing down.
12. What does Nat see as a good omen right before he returns to the farm from his "sanctuary" after revealing his plans to his core group of followers?
(a) The call of an eagle from a nearby tree.
(b) A king snake sunning itself nearby.
(c) A new slave joins the group.
(d) He finds an old sword in the woods.
13. What was Nat's mother's name?
14. What does the traveling salesman ask Nat to spell?
15. What did Miss Nell give Nat one year for Christmas?
(a) A copy of the Gettysburg Address.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A copy of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(d) A book by Sir Walter Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat find in Mrs. Whitehead's library that furthers his plans for a slave uprising?
2. How did Benjamin die?
3. What did Marse Samuel propose to Nat when they rode together to Jerusalem?
4. After Benjamin died, who inherited the plantation?
5. What was Hark best-known for at the Travis farm?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)