Short Answer Key
1. What is an insurrection?
2. Southampton is located in what state?
3. What does T. R. Gray mean by "this population"?
4. What is the nickname T. R. Gray gives to Nat in the "To the Public" section of the book?
5. Where is Nat found to be hiding?
In a cave.
6. On what date was Nat captured?
October 30, 1831.
7. Who finds Nat and captures him?
8. What weapon does Nat's captor carry?
9. What weapon does Nat carry?
10. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
11. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
For the gratification of public curiosity.
12. According to Gray, what excuse did Nat give for his participation in the rebellion?
This section contains 2,578 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)