|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nat tells Gray of an event that "laid the groundwork" for his later actions, including the insurrection. What was that event?
(a) Being sold to a new master.
(b) Wanting to train for the priesthood.
(c) As a child, relating events that had happened before his birth.
(d) Stealing small items with a group of childhood friends.
2. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
(b) Recite the 23rd Psalm.
(c) Maintain silence.
(d) Bow their heads .
3. How does Gray refer to himself in the introduction?
(a) Your obedient servant.
(b) Your respectful author.
(c) Your impartial ear.
(d) Your dutiful recorder.
4. After Benjamin died, who inherited the plantation?
(a) Lewis Turner.
(b) Miss Elizabeth.
(c) Samuel Turner.
(d) Miss Nell.
5. While Nat rides with Marse Samuel to Jerusalem when he is eighteen, what does Marse Samuel say Nat has managed to overcome?
(a) The Negro's propensity for malingering.
(b) A deficit of learning.
(c) His tendency to take shortcuts.
(d) The natural handicaps of his race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat remember during Gray's speech to the court?
2. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
3. What three adjectives does Gray use to describe Nat Turner's mind?
4. After Nat kills Margaret Whitehead, how does he react?
5. As Nat approaches the age of thirty, what does he notice about the area in which he lives?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)