|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Little Morning determine which jar held molasses?
(a) By dipping a finger inside.
(b) By asking Nat.
(c) By asking her mother.
(d) By reading the label on the jar.
2. When did Nat first begin to plan his rebellion?
(a) While working with Hark.
(b) After overhearing plans for his sale to Jeremiah Cobb.
(c) While trapping rabbits.
(d) While being punished by Joseph Travis.
3. A nearby college is named several times in the book. What is that college?
(a) Richmond College.
(b) The College of William & Mary.
(c) Southampton College.
(d) Virginia Tech.
4. Who ends up killing the first victim in the insurrection?
5. What weapon does Nat's captor carry?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Marse Samuel's plantation, how were the slaves awoken in the morning?
2. What does Nat wonder about after sentencing?
3. What does Nat find in Mrs. Whitehead's library that furthers his plans for a slave uprising?
4. Why was Nat taught to read and write?
5. Why can't Nat carry out the rebellion on the date he originally chose?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)