|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hinges are on the privy door?
2. What happened to Nate at the end of the book?
(a) He escaped.
(b) He was finally able to pray.
(c) He was hanged.
(d) He cursed the white people of Southampton County.
3. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
(a) Nat's master.
(b) Nat's jailer.
(c) Jeremiah Cobb.
(d) The preacher.
4. What were Marse Samuel's "grander plans" for Nat?
(a) An apprenticeship in blacksmithing.
(b) Becoming head butler.
(c) An apprenticeship in carpentry.
(d) Going to secondary school.
5. Nat's mother considers the household servants to be what?
(a) Too smart for their own good.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nat, Hark's name might be short for what?
2. Nat orders that his recruits do what when he arrives?
3. What sensation does Nat feel after receiving Gray's gift?
4. What does Nat say to Gray when Gray reads back the account of the killings?
5. When Gray visits on Nat's last day, what does he bring as a gift?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)