|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
(a) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(b) To create a record for posterity.
(c) To write an abolitionist tract.
(d) To pay off his debts.
2. In Part 3, how many Negroes did Gray say there were in Southampton County?
3. What was the companion book to the one Nat stole?
(a) Grace Abounding.
(b) The Life and Death of Mr. Goodman.
(c) Letters of John Adams.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
4. What does Nat find in Mrs. Whitehead's library that furthers his plans for a slave uprising?
(a) A sharp knife.
(b) A Bible lying open to Judges 15:14, where Sampson kills a thousand men.
(c) A book about famous murderers.
(d) A map of Southampton County.
5. After Benjamin died, who inherited the plantation?
(a) Miss Elizabeth.
(b) Miss Nell.
(c) Samuel Turner.
(d) Lewis Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to take over the insurrection from Nat?
2. What does Nat remember during Gray's speech to the court?
3. Who was Nat's master at the time of the insurrection?
4. After dinner, what does Miss Nell do?
5. What does Nat do for the first time the Saturday he and Hark are at market?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)