|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat compare his life as a slave child to?
(a) Yearling mule.
(b) Trained monkey.
2. What book did Nat steal from the Turner library?
(a) His master's Bible.
(b) The plantation's record book.
(c) The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(d) A book of maps of the northern states.
3. Turner says he submits Nat's "own account of the conspiracy" to the public ____________.
(a) "As it was dictated to me."
(b) "For posterity."
(c) "For you to judge."
(d) "Without comment."
4. What weapon does Nat carry?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A sword.
5. What did Miss Nell give Nat one year for Christmas?
(a) A copy of the Gettysburg Address.
(b) A copy of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman.
(c) A book by Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the slaves escaped the insurrection without punishment?
2. In Part 1, how does Gray refer to Nat?
3. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
4. What upcoming event does Nat take as his new "sign" to start his insurrection?
5. What does Gray tell Nat about the Bible, when he cannot bring one to Nat?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)