|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moniker did Gray assign to Nat Turner?
(a) The "ferocious captive."
(b) The "unrepentant runaway."
(c) The "great Bandit."
(d) The "elusive Fox."
2. What does Gray think should have led the band of slaves to greater efforts?
3. According to Nat's confession, how many people did he kill?
4. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
(a) Jeremiah Cobb.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Nat's master.
(d) Nat's jailer.
5. While in church with Hark, Nat makes plans to gather with other blacks where?
(a) Near the creek behind the church.
(b) In the alley next to the courthouse.
(c) At the graveyard.
(d) Behind the general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical prophet did Nat feel "spoke" to him most clearly about the rebellion?
2. What is Nat's execution date?
3. Gray quotes a study by Professor Enoch Mebane that says:
4. What does Gray state that Nat's confessions demonstrate about the laws?
5. What does Nat remember during Gray's speech to the court?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)