|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gray's "Introduction" people in the Southampton area were __________.:
(a) "Very worried" about the insurrection.
(b) "Afraid for their lives" from the slaves.
(c) "Greatly excited" about the uprising.
(d) "Harbored sinister suspicions" regarding future uprisings.
2. Which part of his body causes Cobb pain?
(a) His heart.
(b) His arm.
(c) His foot.
(d) His leg.
3. How does Gray say Nat will be punished?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) The gallows.
(c) Being tarred and feathered.
(d) The guillotine.
4. What word did Cobb ask Nat to spell?
5. Turner says he submits Nat's "own account of the conspiracy" to the public ____________.
(a) "Without comment."
(b) "As it was dictated to me."
(c) "For posterity."
(d) "For you to judge."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeremiah Cobb?
2. How many of the slaves escaped the insurrection without punishment?
3. Cobb uses a word to describe the children of slaves. What is that word?
4. What three adjectives does Gray use to describe Nat Turner's mind?
5. Who is Gray?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)