|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gray attribute the failure of the rebellion to?
(a) Astute observations on the part of the white slaveholders.
(b) The lack of intelligence of the slaves.
(c) Close monitoring of all slave activities.
(d) The moral deficiency of the Negro character.
2. What does Nat remember during Gray's speech to the court?
(a) A song Miss Margaret wrote.
(b) The twenty-third Psalm.
(c) Hearing God order him to kill.
(d) A stern lecture from his master.
3. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
(a) Jeremiah Cobb.
(b) Nat's jailer.
(c) Nat's master.
(d) The preacher.
4. Who does Trezevant compare Nat to?
(a) Ivan the Terrible.
(b) President Andrew Jackson.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Attila the Hun.
5. How many of the slaves escaped the insurrection without punishment?
(a) Only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gray quotes a study by Professor Enoch Mebane that says:
2. What do the Negroes in church use to fan themselves?
3. Turner says he submits Nat's "own account of the conspiracy" to the public ____________.
4. According to Gray, how many slave uprisings had there been in the area prior to Nat Turner's?
5. According to Nat, Hark's name might be short for what?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)