|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Psalm does Nat tell Miss Margaret is his favorite?
(a) Psalm twelve.
(b) Psalm fifty-seven.
(c) Psalm fifty-five.
(d) Psalm twenty-three.
2. What is Nat going to be tried for?
(a) A felony.
(c) A misdemeanor.
(d) Disturbance of the Peace.
3. According to Nat's confession, how many people did he kill?
4. Nat tells Gray of an event that "laid the groundwork" for his later actions, including the insurrection. What was that event?
(a) As a child, relating events that had happened before his birth.
(b) Stealing small items with a group of childhood friends.
(c) Being sold to a new master.
(d) Wanting to train for the priesthood.
5. What does Nat have a dream about while In the courtroom?
(a) Being lost.
(b) Winning his case in court and being freed.
(c) Boys trapped in quicksand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
2. How does Gray refer to himself in the introduction?
3. What happened to Hark's wife and son?
4. Where is Nat found to be hiding?
5. Who is Jeremiah Cobb?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)