|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat wonder about after sentencing?
(a) Stealing a Bible.
(c) Saving Hark.
2. Nat's mind "finally" became what, according to Gray?
(c) Oercome with emotion.
3. When did Nat first begin to plan his rebellion?
(a) After overhearing plans for his sale to Jeremiah Cobb.
(b) While working with Hark.
(c) While being punished by Joseph Travis.
(d) While trapping rabbits.
4. What is Nat's execution date?
(a) November 12th.
(b) November 11th.
(c) November 1st.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
5. How do Putnam and MIss Maria punish Hark?
(a) By making him sleep outside.
(b) By making him climb a tree.
(c) By locking him in the root cellar.
(d) By whipping him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gray attribute the failure of the rebellion to?
2. In Part One, Nat tells Gray that the Lord told him to confess so that "all nations will know." What was the other reason the Lord gave Nat for confessing?
3. According to Gray, what excuse did Nat give for his participation in the rebellion?
4. What word did Cobb ask Nat to spell?
5. What is the name of the town Nat can see from his jail cell window?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)