|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Nat and captures him?
(a) Benjamin Armstrong.
(b) Benjamin Phipps.
(c) Benjamin Pepper.
(d) Benjamin Phelps.
2. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
(a) Twelve other slaves.
(b) Five other slaves.
(c) A few other slaves.
(d) Eighteen slaves.
3. How does Gray say Nat will be punished?
(a) The guillotine.
(b) Being tarred and feathered.
(c) The gallows.
(d) A firing squad.
4. In the Introduction, what two methods did Gray say were used by the slaves to attempt to find safety?
(a) Running away or swimming.
(b) Begging for mercy or hiding on another plantation.
(c) Concealment or returning home.
(d) Poling down the river or hiding on a boat.
5. What three adjectives does Gray use to describe Nat Turner's mind?
(a) Evil, thoughtless, and cruel.
(b) Excited, devious, and mischievous.
(c) Distraught, feverish, and plotting.
(d) Dark, bewildered, and overwrought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gray say was the "only principle of restraint" for the band of slaves?
2. According to Nat's statements, the insurrection was ______.
3. What is the nickname T. R. Gray gives to Nat in the "To the Public" section of the book?
4. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
5. What weapon does Nat carry?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)