|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gray refer to the insurgent slaves as?
(a) The "ebony slaughterers."
(b) A "ravaging band of murderers."
(c) "Heartless heathens set upon vengeance."
(d) A "band of ferocious miscreants."
2. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
(a) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(b) To pay off his debts.
(c) To write an abolitionist tract.
(d) To create a record for posterity.
3. How many of the slaves escaped the insurrection without punishment?
(c) Only one.
4. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
(a) Jeremiah Cobb.
(b) Nat's master.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Nat's jailer.
5. Turner says he submits Nat's "own account of the conspiracy" to the public ____________.
(a) "For you to judge."
(b) "As it was dictated to me."
(c) "Without comment."
(d) "For posterity."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nat found to be hiding?
2. When Gray speaks of understanding Nat's mind, what does he say about it?
3. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
4. On what date was Nat captured?
5. What does Gray state that Nat's confessions demonstrate about the laws?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)