|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Nat captured?
(a) October 31, 1831.
(b) October 30, 1831.
(c) October 29, 1831.
(d) November 1, 1831.
2. What was Nat's rebellion not motivated by?
(a) Confusion or hopelessness.
(b) Frustration or desperation.
(c) Anger or hate.
(d) Revenge or sudden anger.
3. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
(a) To pay off his debts.
(b) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(c) To create a record for posterity.
(d) To write an abolitionist tract.
4. What does Gray say was the "only principle of restraint" for the band of slaves?
(a) Apprehension for their personal safety.
(b) Worry that the alarm would be raised too soon.
(c) Fear of being caught.
(d) Fear of taking too much time, impeding their escape to the north.
5. According to Gray, what excuse did Nat give for his participation in the rebellion?
(a) Because his friends told him to.
(c) Because he was angry.
(d) Because he wanted to be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nat's statements, the insurrection was ______.
2. What is an insurrection?
3. How does Gray refer to himself in the introduction?
4. Who is the last slave captured who participated in the rebellion?
5. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)