|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marse Samuel had to sell the plantation, what was the most valuable of the property?
(a) The slaves.
(b) The machinery.
(c) The house.
(d) The land.
2. Who is Gray?
(a) A friend of Nat's .
(b) An attorney.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) A friend of Nat's late master.
3. Nat's father "ran off" from the Turner household. Why?
(a) Because Benjamin Turner hit him.
(b) Because another slave threatened to kill him.
(c) Because he learned about the North Star.
(d) Because the Underground Railroad came through.
4. What does Nat have a dream about while In the courtroom?
(b) Boys trapped in quicksand.
(c) Being lost.
(d) Winning his case in court and being freed.
5. Where does Nat hide the stolen book immediately after taking it?
(a) Under his mattress on the floor.
(b) Beneath some hay in the stables.
(c) Beneath the house.
(d) Under a loose plank in the smokehouse floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does T. R. Gray mean by "this population"?
2. Benjamin said that saves were as unteachable as a what?
3. Who was Nat's owner when Nat was about twelve?
4. After finding out that Willis had been sold, what did Marse Samuel say that Nat was worried about?
5. What is the nickname T. R. Gray gives to Nat in the "To the Public" section of the book?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)