|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Nat's captor carry?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
2. On what date was Nat captured?
(a) November 1, 1831.
(b) October 31, 1831.
(c) October 29, 1831.
(d) October 30, 1831.
3. What happened to Hark's wife and son?
(a) They moved to another plantation.
(b) They were sold to Mississippi.
(c) They died.
(d) They escaped.
4. What Psalm does Nat tell Miss Margaret is his favorite?
(a) Psalm twelve.
(b) Psalm fifty-five.
(c) Psalm twenty-three.
(d) Psalm fifty-seven.
5. What is an insurrection?
(a) A peace march.
(b) An uprising.
(c) A fight.
(d) An agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, how does Gray refer to Nat?
2. In Part One, Nat tells Gray that the Lord told him to confess so that "all nations will know." What was the other reason the Lord gave Nat for confessing?
3. Who gives T. R. Gray permission to talk to Nat in jail?
4. What does Nat have a dream about while In the courtroom?
5. What does Gray say was the "only principle of restraint" for the band of slaves?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)