|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nat found to be hiding?
(a) In a swamp.
(b) Under a log.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the woods.
2. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
(a) Twelve other slaves.
(b) Five other slaves.
(c) A few other slaves.
(d) Eighteen slaves.
3. Why does Gray say he published the Confessions?
(a) For punishment of the guilty.
(b) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(c) To include them in his memoirs.
(d) In order to set the record straight.
4. According to Gray's "Introduction" people in the Southampton area were __________.:
(a) "Very worried" about the insurrection.
(b) "Afraid for their lives" from the slaves.
(c) "Greatly excited" about the uprising.
(d) "Harbored sinister suspicions" regarding future uprisings.
5. What is Joseph Travis's profession?
(a) A wheelwright.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an insurrection?
2. What does Gray refer to the insurgent slaves as?
3. In the Introduction, Gray hopes that the description of Nat's rebellion will demonstrate policy regarding what?
4. What does Gray tell Nat about the Bible, when he cannot bring one to Nat?
5. What is Nat going to be tried for?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)