|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Nat's captor carry?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
2. Nat's mind "finally" became what, according to Gray?
(d) Oercome with emotion.
3. According to Gray's "Introduction" people in the Southampton area were __________.:
(a) "Afraid for their lives" from the slaves.
(b) "Greatly excited" about the uprising.
(c) "Very worried" about the insurrection.
(d) "Harbored sinister suspicions" regarding future uprisings.
4. Who is the last slave captured who participated in the rebellion?
5. What warning, if any, was given for the insurrection?
(a) There was no warning given.
(b) Written plans were discovered, but too late.
(c) A villager overheard two slaves planning, but didn't take it seriously.
(d) One of the participating slaves told his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Negroes in church use to fan themselves?
2. What three adjectives does Gray use to describe Nat Turner's mind?
3. What happened to Hark's wife and son?
4. What does Gray think should have led the band of slaves to greater efforts?
5. According to Nat, Hark's name might be short for what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)