|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gray say he published the Confessions?
(a) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(b) To include them in his memoirs.
(c) For punishment of the guilty.
(d) In order to set the record straight.
2. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
(a) Eighteen slaves.
(b) Twelve other slaves.
(c) A few other slaves.
(d) Five other slaves.
3. How does Gray refer to himself in the introduction?
(a) Your obedient servant.
(b) Your dutiful recorder.
(c) Your impartial ear.
(d) Your respectful author.
4. What does Gray feel that Nat's rebellion will further the cause of?
(a) Easing restrictions on blacks.
(c) Voting rights for blacks.
5. What weapon does Nat's captor carry?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nat found to be hiding?
2. Nat describes black slaves as being docile, yet filled with ______.
3. What do the Negroes in church use to fan themselves?
4. What is Joseph Travis's profession?
5. What Psalm does Nat tell Miss Margaret is his favorite?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)