|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Nat's owner when Nat was about twelve?
(a) Samuel Turner.
(b) He was free when he was twelve.
(c) Mrs. Turner.
(d) Jeremiah Cobb.
2. What happened to Hark's wife and son?
(a) They were sold to Mississippi.
(b) They died.
(c) They moved to another plantation.
(d) They escaped.
3. Shortly after the trial, what happens to Nate?
(a) He gets a fever.
(b) He gets a premonition.
(c) He gets a warning.
(d) He gets a Bible.
4. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
(a) To pay off his debts.
(b) For the gratification of public curiosity.
(c) To write an abolitionist tract.
(d) To create a record for posterity.
5. Who did Nat confide his plans for the insurrection to?
(a) Twelve other slaves.
(b) Eighteen slaves.
(c) A few other slaves.
(d) Five other slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the traveling salesman ask Nat to spell?
2. Nat sees something on the way back from Jerusalem that has a big effect on him. What is it?
3. How did Little Morning determine which jar held molasses?
4. What was the companion book to the one Nat stole?
5. What does Nat compare his life as a slave child to?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)