|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nat's mother's name?
2. Who finds Nat and captures him?
(a) Benjamin Phelps.
(b) Benjamin Pepper.
(c) Benjamin Phipps.
(d) Benjamin Armstrong.
3. According to Gray's "Introduction" people in the Southampton area were __________.:
(a) "Harbored sinister suspicions" regarding future uprisings.
(b) "Very worried" about the insurrection.
(c) "Afraid for their lives" from the slaves.
(d) "Greatly excited" about the uprising.
4. Who is Miss Maria Pope?
(a) Joseph Travis's half-sister.
(b) Joseph Travis's aunt.
(c) Mrs. Travis's half-sister.
(d) The closest neighbor to the Travis home.
5. In Part 2, what does Nat say is the most futile thing a man can do?
(a) Try to run away.
(b) Wish to be free.
(c) Learn to read.
(d) Ponder the alternatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gray attribute the failure of the rebellion to?
2. What does Gray feel that Nat's rebellion will further the cause of?
3. What reason does Gray give in his introduction for publishing Nat's confessions?
4. How do Putnam and MIss Maria punish Hark?
5. According to Nat's statements, the insurrection was ______.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)