|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, how many Negroes did Gray say there were in Southampton County?
2. What did Marse Samuel propose to Nat when they rode together to Jerusalem?
(a) That Marse Samuel would eventually free Nat.
(b) That Marse Samuel would send Nat to secondary school.
(c) That Marse Samuel would find a wife for Nat.
(d) That Marse Samuel would put Nat in charge of the mill.
3. What year did Nat's grandmother die?
4. What was Nat's mother's name?
5. Who was Nat's owner when Nat was about twelve?
(a) Mrs. Turner.
(b) Samuel Turner.
(c) Jeremiah Cobb.
(d) He was free when he was twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nat's mother considers the household servants to be what?
2. What Psalm does Nat tell Miss Margaret is his favorite?
3. Which Biblical prophet did Nat feel "spoke" to him most clearly about the rebellion?
4. After Nat says his final prayer before beginning the insurrection, what does he do?
5. What did Marse Samuel state he couldn't advocate freeing saves without?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)