|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris feel about herself and her sister, Nicky?
2. What does Paris do frequently?
3. What does she like in New York?
4. Now that Paris has co-starred on "The Simple Life," she feels that she and Nicky are viewed more as what?
5. What was the title of this movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience does Paris have in the music industry?
2. What are Paris' favorite places and parties?
3. Where did Paris grow up?
4. What makes a good impression?
5. How does Paris get her glowing tan skin?
6. What are Paris' diet and wardrobe pointers?
7. Why does Paris write this book? What does she think about herself?
8. What does Paris suggest about plane travel?
9. For whom does Paris model?
10. What does Paris list in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paris has some fairly basic thoughts on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) What are Paris' thoughts about the relationships between men and women? Why might she feel this way?
Part 2) How does her opinion of male/female relationships affect her own friendships and relationships? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) What message is she sending to young women about the relationships between men and women? How might this affect young women?
Essay Topic 2
Paris' notoriety has gotten her cameos on many television shows and in movies.
Part 1) For what is Paris notorious? How does it help her land cameo appearances?
Part 2) How have the cameo appearances helped her career? What role have these cameos played in the creation of her stereotype?
Part 3) How has her television fame affected her? How different might she be if she had never found a career in acting? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
"The Simple Life" phenomenon was unique in the reality show scene.
Part 1) Describe "The Simple Life." Why is it considered a phenomenon?
Part 2) How was this show unique in the reality show scene? How did it come to be so unique?
Part 3) What part did Paris play in making this show such a success?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)