|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doc say the new government's response to Perkins and MAIN would be?
(a) MAIN would not be welcomed.
(b) MAIN would be asked to build the new government.
(c) Perkins would be put in a parliament position.
(d) MAIN would be welcomed.
2. Who fired Perkin's mentor from MAIN?
(a) Peter Hall.
(b) Bruno Zambotti.
(c) Mac Hall.
(d) Max Floor.
3. How dependent was Perkins on his staff?
(a) At this point, Perkins had no staff.
(b) He would be nothing without them.
(c) They helped him occasionally.
(d) He did not need them.
4. Whom did Yamin want Perkins to meet at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) His family.
(b) The President.
(c) Someone who knew a lot about the Shah.
(d) The leader of his group.
5. What did Perkins think about while at Ground Zero?
(a) The deaths of innocent people.
(b) How this could happen.
(c) Osama Bin Laden accepting a check from an economic hit man.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Perkins believe the United States invaded Iraq?
2. What did Perkin's article, "Colonialism in Panama has No Place in 1975," suggest that Panama receive?
3. How did Chavez become president of Venezuela?
4. What did Yamin leave under Perkins' door?
5. Who is Doc?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Doc's opinion of the Flowering Desert Project?
2. What was the United State's interest in Iran?
3. Describe Perkins return to Ecuador in Chapter 34.
4. What was the purpose of the Dream Change Coalition?
5. Describe how MAIN's deal with Saudi Arabia changed Saudi Arabia?
6. Describe Perkins' relationship with Paula.
7. What controversy surrounded the Summer Institute of Linguistics.
8. What was Perkins' career like in Chapter 17?
9. Describe the intention of the Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act and what actually happened.
10. Describe the United States' invasion of Panama.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)