|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Perkins' response to his mentor being fired?
(a) Perkins was relieved.
(b) Perkins cried.
(c) Perkins was devastated.
(d) Perkins was thrilled.
2. What does Perkins believe the old American republic stood for?
(a) Greed and power.
(b) Hope for the world.
3. What does Perkins dread about Ecuador's future?
(a) The political system will collapse.
(b) The country will become an United States territory.
(c) The natives will forget their orginal language.
(d) The rainforest will be drilled away.
4. What did Yamin leave under Perkins' door?
(a) A photo.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A weapon.
5. How did Perkins pay Sally?
(a) Out of his pay check.
(b) From his savings.
(c) She worked for free.
(d) Through his expense count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the Shah amnesty after he was expelled from the United States?
2. What did Paula tell Perkins Colombians thought about MAIN?
3. How did Perkins' deal impact Saudi Arabia?
4. Which country did Saddam Hussein invade?
5. What job did Chavez hold after the worker strikes in Venezuela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about Perkins not being a trained economist?
2. Describe President Jaime Roldos.
3. Describe Perkins' interaction with Doc. Who is Doc?
4. Describe the riots led by Ayatollah Khomeini.
5. What did Perkins' experience in Columbia teach him?
6. Why did Perkins find it odd that he was employed by the United States Department of Treasury and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?
7. What significance did September 11th have for Perkins?
8. Describe Perkin's interaction with Yamin.
9. What does Perkins believe can change America?
10. How did Perkins convince Prince W. to agree to MAIN's terms?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)