|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did conservatives swear at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Perkins would never work in DC again.
(b) They made the right choice.
(c) They would win the next election.
(d) They would get revenge on Panama.
2. Why was Perkins so gifted at his job?
(a) His mathematical brilliance.
(b) His way with words.
(c) His menacing personality.
(d) His education in economics.
3. What movement did Saudi Arabia begin to fund?
4. What does Perkins believe can make a nation rise up?
5. What prediction of Doc's came true at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) The Shah became a leader again.
(b) Perkins was made a member of parliament.
(c) MAIN lost millions.
(d) MAIN was welcomed by the new government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doc say the Flowering Desert Project would do to Iran?
2. How did Perkins pay Sally?
3. In Chapter 17, what did Perkins send to Torrijos?
4. What did the United States gain control of in Panama again?
5. What did Doc say the new government's response to Perkins and MAIN would be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chavez rise to power in Venezuela?
2. Describe how MAIN's deal with Saudi Arabia changed Saudi Arabia?
3. What events surrounded President Roldos death?
4. Describe Perkins' interaction with Doc. Who is Doc?
5. What was the purpose of the Dream Change Coalition?
6. Describe the United States' invasion of Panama.
7. Describe Perkin's interaction with Yamin.
8. What was the United State's interest in Iran?
9. What was significant about Perkins not being a trained economist?
10. What did Perkins learn from Farhad and Farhad's father?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)