|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Sally play in Chapter 16?
(a) She was Perkins' girlfriend.
(b) She was a double agent.
(c) She stayed with Prince W. while he visited Boston.
(d) She helped with Perkins' work.
2. What does Perkins believe can make a nation rise up?
3. Perkins was offered a new job under what condition?
(a) He would not write his book.
(b) He would take a pay cut.
(c) He would blow the whistle on MAIN.
(d) He would give up his American citizenship.
4. Why did Yamin choose to speak to Perkins?
(a) He was a man in the middle.
(b) Perkins spoke many languages.
(c) Perkins was not religious.
(d) He loved working for MAIN.
5. What would happen if the Euro surpassed the dollar?
(a) Riots would break out.
(b) The United States would crumble.
(c) The United States would make money.
(d) Nothing would happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Perkins dread about Ecuador's future?
2. What did Paula tell Perkins Colombians thought about MAIN?
3. Where did the United States invade in Chapter 30?
4. What did conservatives swear at the end of Chapter 17?
5. How dependent was Perkins on his staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What controversy surrounded the Summer Institute of Linguistics.
2. What did Perkins' experience in Columbia teach him?
3. Why was Iraq of interest to the United States?
4. Describe how MAIN's deal with Saudi Arabia changed Saudi Arabia?
5. Describe Perkin's interaction with Yamin.
6. What events surrounded President Roldos death?
7. What significance did September 11th have for Perkins?
8. How did Perkins convince Prince W. to agree to MAIN's terms?
9. Describe the intention of the Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act and what actually happened.
10. What role did Perkins play in MAIN continuing to receive jobs from Venezuela in Chapter 17?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)