|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused a waitress to scream at the bar that Perkins and Fidel visited?
(a) A soldier grabbed her arm.
(b) She saw a mouse.
(c) Perkins grabbed her arm.
(d) She witnessed a murder.
2. What man appeared to Perkins in his dream?
(b) An angel.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His father.
3. What were some of the New Deal's policies?
(a) The right for immigrants to come to America.
(b) Application of fiscal policy and freedom of religion.
(c) Liberty and justice to all.
(d) To promote economic regulation, governmental financial manipulation, and extensive application of fiscal policy.
4. In Chapter 4, who was the President of the World Bank?
(a) John Mcgee.
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) George Clinton.
(d) Thomas Frank.
5. What did Perkins try to convince himself of at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He was an economist not an economic hitman.
(b) He was going to marry again.
(c) He was going to receive a promotion.
(d) He had seen God.
6. What led to the 1974 embargo of oil to the United States?
(a) Nixon's aid to Saudi Arabia.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) Nixon's aid to Israel.
(d) The United States was in debt.
7. Perkins discovered the key to working in politics was ______________.
(a) Being an economic hit man.
(b) Being a woman.
(c) Living in America.
(d) Being buisness smart.
8. When did Indonesia gain independence?
(a) After WWII.
(b) After the Korean War.
(c) After WWI.
(d) After the Gulf War.
9. What did Robert McNamara infuse into government policy?
(a) Business models.
(b) Scientific terms.
(c) Military drills.
10. What did Howard tell Perkins in confidence?
(a) Not to believe the grand ideas MAIN put forth.
(b) Perkins' job was in trouble.
(c) Not to believe what his teachers taught him.
(d) Perkins' boss was blowing the whistle on the company.
11. What was the United States determined to lure Indonesia away from in Chapter 3?
12. What was Prince W.'s weakness?
(b) Tall blondes.
(d) Tall brunettes.
13. What happened as a result of OPEC's oil embargo?
(a) Unemployment and fixed exchange rates collapsed.
(b) Emploment rates became higher.
(d) The great depression.
14. What was Perkin's opinion about being an economic hit man at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He wanted to go back to college.
(b) He wanted to learn the process and benefit from it.
(c) He wished he had thought of the idea.
(d) He wanted nothing to do with the process.
15. What did Perkins see when he drove through the slums of Panama?
(a) Well lit streets.
(b) Raw sewage.
(c) Poorly designed stores.
(d) Well built streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Nixon dressed as in Chapter 7?
2. What was SAMA?
3. What did the man in Perkins' dream look like?
4. Rasy's friends told Perkins the United States needed to stop _________.
5. What is Bechtel?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)