|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Canal Zone in the shape it was in?
(a) It had faulty building codes.
(b) It was an American territory.
(c) It was a European territory.
(d) It was a territory of Panama.
2. Why did Fidel thank Perkins?
(a) He defended Torrijos.
(b) He gave Fidel money.
(c) He gave Fidel food.
(d) He defended America.
3. What did Torrijos want to build in Panama?
(a) A military base.
(b) A national park.
(c) A bigger canal at sea level.
(d) A resort.
4. What did Perkins find in the Canal Zone?
(b) His business contact.
(c) Plush golf courses and pretty stores.
(d) Abandoned homes.
5. Who is Charlie Illingsworth?
(a) The project manager.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The president.
(d) An accountant.
6. Why did Indonesia become a communist country?
(a) Lack of a leader.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of unity.
7. Where did Perkins live in Chapter 5?
(a) In a penthouse apartment.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a car.
(d) In a government house.
8. Why did Howard return to the United States?
(a) He was sick.
(b) His visa expired.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He missed his son.
9. What was the United States determined to lure Indonesia away from in Chapter 3?
10. What was MAIN's key to helping the United States obtain dominance in Indonesia?
(a) The green light project.
(c) The internet project.
(d) The electrification project.
11. What did Perkins have to remind himself of at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) One day he would expose MAIN.
(b) His address.
(c) His phone number.
(d) One day he would run MAIN.
12. What were some of the New Deal's policies?
(a) Application of fiscal policy and freedom of religion.
(b) Liberty and justice to all.
(c) The right for immigrants to come to America.
(d) To promote economic regulation, governmental financial manipulation, and extensive application of fiscal policy.
13. In Chapter 9, what promotion did Perkins receive?
(a) Chief economist.
(c) Chief reporter.
14. What did Perkins see when he drove through the slums of Panama?
(a) Raw sewage.
(b) Poorly designed stores.
(c) Well built streets.
(d) Well lit streets.
15. What were Panamanian woman prohibited to do?
(a) Wear long pants.
(b) Prostitute themselves.
(d) Drive a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Torrijos say he would fight for in Chapter 13?
2. What did Perkins have to convince himself of at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who said they would take over the bar at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Rasy's friend compared the Muslims to ___________.
5. Where did Perkins' parents teach in Chapter 1?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)