|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Perkins' parents teach in Chapter 1?
(b) The Tilton School.
(c) The Ramsey Schoo.
(d) The Key School.
2. Why was Perkins in Panama at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) To talk to the Omar Torrijos.
(b) Perkins never went to Panama.
(c) To move to the country.
(d) To set up a water system.
3. Whom did United Fruit enlist to help stage a coup?
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
4. What happened as a result of OPEC's oil embargo?
(a) Unemployment and fixed exchange rates collapsed.
(b) Emploment rates became higher.
(d) The great depression.
5. Perkins discovered the key to working in politics was ______________.
(a) Being buisness smart.
(b) Being an economic hit man.
(c) Living in America.
(d) Being a woman.
6. Who were off limits at the bar Perkins visited?
(a) The bartenders.
(b) The waitresses.
(c) The dancers.
(d) The bouncers.
7. What led to the 1974 embargo of oil to the United States?
(a) Nixon's aid to Israel.
(b) The United States was in debt.
(c) Nixon's aid to Saudi Arabia.
(d) The Gulf War.
8. Whom did Torrijos want to finance his project?
(a) The Americans.
(d) The Japanese.
9. What did Perkins see when he drove through the slums of Panama?
(a) Poorly designed stores.
(b) Well built streets.
(c) Well lit streets.
(d) Raw sewage.
10. What was the goal of Perkins' report in Chapter 15?
(a) To destroy MAIN.
(b) To analyze the power of OPEC.
(c) To make Saudi Arabia less dependent on the United States.
(d) To make Saudi Arabia more dependent on the United States.
11. What did Robert McNamara infuse into government policy?
(a) Military drills.
(b) Business models.
(c) Scientific terms.
12. Who told Fidel to calm down while he and Perkins were at the bar?
(a) An American.
(b) The bouncer.
(c) A Panamanian man.
13. Perkins believed MAIN's objective in Indonesia was _____________.
(a) Reinstating communism.
(b) Destroying the country.
(c) Preventing communism and increasing the country's wealth.
(d) Building a new office.
14. Whom did Perkins meet with in Chapter 9?
(b) World leaders.
(c) The common people.
(d) His family.
15. What is a dalang?
(a) A politician.
(b) A clown.
(c) A banker.
(d) A puppetmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rasy's friends told Perkins the United States needed to stop _________.
2. What are the two objectives of economic hit men?
3. What did Rasy's friends say would cause Americans to want to go to war?
4. What did Perkins have to remind himself of at the end of Chapter 4?
5. How was Howard described to Perkins?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)