|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca's reaction to finding out she will be debating with a Flagstaff Life representative live on air?
2. Why does Rebecca claim she loves Wagner?
3. What piece of jewelry does Tarquin give Rebecca on their first date?
4. Why is Rebecca unable to get her Octagon card back from the sales girl?
5. Who is Sacha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rebecca's reasons for going on Morning Coffee?
2. Describe Tarquin's personality.
3. Why does Rebecca dislike Sacha?
4. Why do Janice and Martin not blame Rebecca for her poor financial advice?
5. Why does Suze finish putting together Rebecca's frames for her side job?
6. Why does Rebecca become very determined right before she goes on Morning Coffee?
7. Does Rebecca ever intend on going to her meeting with Derek Smith?
8. Why does Rebecca drink a large amount of champagne while on her date with Tarquin?
9. Why does Tarquin choose to take Rebecca out for pizza?
10. What is Luke's reaction to seeing Rebecca's article in The Daily World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janice and Martin are two of the most loyal characters in Confessions of a Shopaholic. They represent a special way of thinking about the world. It is because of them that Rebecca is able to become a success outside of her current profession. Explore the depths of loyalty within the context of these two characters. How do Janice and Martin help Rebecca throughout the course of the plot? Do they ever expect something in return for their loyalty? Would the plot of the story be the same without them? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is important to the characters of Confessions of a Shopaholic. Suze, in particular, is a great friend to Rebecca, especially in her times of need. Explore the idea of friendship within the context of the story. Why is friendship important to Suze and Rebecca? Why do the two girls get along so well? What do they have in common with each other? How are they different? At what points in the story is their friendship strained? Be sure to provide examples to support your work.
Essay Topic 3
Rebecca never shies away from a good glass of champagne. Yet, she is not an alcoholic. None of the characters in Confessions of a Shopaholic are alcoholics. Write an essay that deals with the subject of alcohol consumption. Why does Rebecca drink so much? Why does she expect champagne from every press conference she attends? In what way is alcohol an escape for her? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the book.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)