|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Rebecca blame for her ruined date with Tarquin?
2. Do Janice and Martin blame Rebecca for her bad financial advice?
3. Why is Rebecca unable to make her purchase from Octagon?
4. Where does Rebecca go at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What is the name of the assistant at Octagon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebecca react to seeing herself in the mirror at Morning Coffee?
2. Why does Rebecca's mum suspect her of being pregnant?
3. Why does Rebecca dislike Sacha?
4. Why does Rebecca go to her parents in Chapter 16?
5. Does Rebecca ever intend on going to her meeting with Derek Smith?
6. Why does Rebecca feel responsible for Janice and Martin's loss of their windfall money?
7. Why does Rebecca wake up early the day after submitting her article to The Daily World?
8. Why does Luke ask Rebecca to go shopping with him?
9. Why does Rebecca decide to go on a Octagon shopping spree?
10. What are Rebecca's reasons for going on Morning Coffee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love and romance can consistently be found throughout Confessions of a Shopaholic. First, the reader is introduced to James, Rebecca's former love. Then Luke is comes into the picture. Write an essay that focuses upon the complexities of love. What role does romantic love play throughout the course of the plot? Which characters experience it? Which characters suffer because of it? At what point in the story does Rebecca realize she has feelings for Luke? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 2
Rebecca is a humorous character. Suze is as well. Without humor, Confessions of a Shopaholic would not be the same. Explain why humor is an important element to the story. Why is Rebecca a funny character? What makes her funny? Is it her actions, vocabulary, outlook on life, or something else? How does Rebecca's humor mesh with Suze's? Without each other, would the story be nearly as enjoyable? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 3
Rebecca's mum and dad are important figures in Confessions of a Shopaholic. They are the ones who care and support Rebecca when she needs it the most. In their eyes, she can do no wrong. Explore the bonds of the Bloomwood family. What kind of special relationship does Rebecca share with her mum? How are they alike? What interests do Rebecca and her father share? In what way are both her parents traditional? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the book.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)