|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rebecca afraid of her Visa bill?
2. Which brand of cigarettes does Suze smoke?
3. What does M.M.M. stand for?
4. Where does Rebecca get a Saturday job?
5. How much does Rebcca make from her boutique job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca suspect Clare Edwards of having an affair?
2. What is Rebecca's initial impression of Luke Brandon?
3. Why does Rebecca choose to work at the clothes boutique?
4. Why do Rebecca and Suze get along so well?
5. Why does Rebecca want to win the lottery?
6. Why does Tarquin like Rebecca?
7. Why does Rebecca choose to purchase the ugly, wooden bowl from the craft fair?
8. Why is Rebecca fired from her sales boutique job?
9. Describe Rebecca's parents.
10. How does Rebecca feel about her occupation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frugality is a topic touched upon in Confessions of a Shopaholic. In Chapter 5, Rebecca tries her hardest to begin a "Zen-like" lifestyle. Write an essay that explains the route Rebecca takes to begin a life of frugality. What changes does she make to her lifestyle to account for her restricted income usage? How does she change the way she eats? How does she change the way she shops? Be sure to provide examples to support your work.
Essay Topic 2
Rebecca is a bright, bubbly woman with loads of potential. At times, however, she can act very immature for her age. Explore Rebecca's naivety. In which situations is her naivety used to her advantage? In which situations is it a hindrance? Which characters in Confessions of a Shopaholic are aware of her cowardice? Do these characters ever confront her about her actions? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 3
Rebecca by nature is very materialistic. However, she is not the only one. Various other characters in the story value their material possessions as well. Write an essay that explores the topic of materialism within the context of the story. Which characters are the most materialistic? Which are the least? Does Rebecca ever think of herself as being materialistic? How do her shopping habits impact those around her? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the book.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)