|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Rebecca the first day she is working at her boutique job?
2. Which piece of clothing does Rebecca refuse to let a customer try on while working at her boutique job?
3. Which language does Rebecca lie about being fluent in?
4. Does Rebecca like craft fairs?
5. Who is Elly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca suspect Clare Edwards of having an affair?
2. Why does Rebecca become frustrated with her framing side job?
3. Why does Suze never have to worry about money?
4. How does Rebecca feel about her occupation?
5. Why does Rebecca choose to make a curry dish?
6. Why does Rebecca choose to purchase a season pass to the museum?
7. What is Rebecca's opinion on the topic of sex before marriage?
8. Why does Rebecca choose to work at the clothes boutique?
9. Why does Rebecca choose to purchase the ugly, wooden bowl from the craft fair?
10. Describe what Rebecca does for a living.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rebecca is a bright, bubbly woman with loads of potential. At times, however, she can act very immature for her age. Explore Rebecca's naivety. In which situations is her naivety used to her advantage? In which situations is it a hindrance? Which characters in Confessions of a Shopaholic are aware of her cowardice? Do these characters ever confront her about her actions? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 2
Class, status, and wealth affect many of the characters in Confessions of a Shopaholic. Suze never has to work due to her family inheritance. Meanwhile, Rebecca works everyday so that she can support herself and her shopping habits. Write an essay that explores the themes of class, status, and wealth within the context of the story. What makes the wealthier characters different from the average middle class characters? Which characters are the most aware of their wealth and status? Which are the least aware? Provide examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is important to the characters of Confessions of a Shopaholic. Suze, in particular, is a great friend to Rebecca, especially in her times of need. Explore the idea of friendship within the context of the story. Why is friendship important to Suze and Rebecca? Why do the two girls get along so well? What do they have in common with each other? How are they different? At what points in the story is their friendship strained? Be sure to provide examples to support your work.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)