|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kusano is a soldier, what time does his family have to get up in order to visit with him?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
2. How does Sonoko make the narrator feel?
(a) All of these.
3. After spending time with the narrator, Sonoko feels so guilty she plans to do what?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Get baptized.
(c) Confess everything to a priest.
(d) Get married.
4. What color does the sky turn following an air raid?
5. What author is referred to as a sodomite in Confessions of a Mask?
(a) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator bumps into Sonoko for the first time after the break-up, what do they discuss?
2. When the narrator returns to school in Chapter 3, what health ailment does he fake?
3. How does the narrator accidentally avoid the draft?
4. When the narrator finally kisses Sonoko, what does he feel?
5. In Chapter 3, in what city does the narrator encounter air raid refugees?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator sets out on a bicycle ride with Sonoko, what does he want to happen?
2. On the train, what does the narrator do that makes Sonoko blush?
3. What is the narrator's opinion of the factory that produces war planes?
4. What impresses the narrator about the refugees that he sees?
5. What does the narrator ask Kusano regarding the relationship he ended with Sonoko?
6. Why does the narrator decide suicide is a foolish option?
7. Why does the narrator allow Chieko to kiss him?
8. When the narrator is excused from the draft, what is he surprised to realize?
9. Why does the narrator offer to carry Sonoko's bag?
10. After the narrator kisses Sonoko, what does she expect from him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)