|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one particular story read by the narrator, what keeps a Hungarian prince alive?
(a) His sword.
(b) A fairy godmother.
(c) A magic diamond.
2. From what illness does the narrator suffer?
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) Small pox.
3. What is the objective of the graphic game the boys play with each other?
(a) To push someone down the stairs.
(b) To get lots of girls.
(c) To pull each other's hair.
(d) To grab each other's crotch.
4. As a boy, what does the narrator associate with the idea of love?
(d) All of these.
5. What does the narrator believe he will do at a younger age than most?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
2. In the first attempt to execute Sebastian, what weapon was used?
3. Before encountering Omi alone in the schoolyard, what does the narrator believe about Omi?
4. After Omi is expelled, the narrator dreams of doing what to a classmate?
5. When is the narrator's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel he has gone through life fooling not just others, but himself?
2. Over the summer, the narrator realizes his love for Omi may actually be what?
3. After witnessing Omi perform on the gym bars, why does the narrator decide he is no longer in love with him?
4. Why does the prince in the Hungarian fairy tale upset the narrator?
5. Who was Sebastian of Reni's "Saint Sebastian"?
6. Why is the narrator fascinated by the idea of death?
7. Regarding his obsession with death, what does the narrator discover when he reaches puberty?
8. What sickness does the narrator suffer from and how does it affect him?
9. When the other boys are impressed with the narrator's crass remarks about sex, how does the narrator feel?
10. What physical actions does the narrator take in order to appear to be tough?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)