|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator learn about heterosexual sex?
(a) All of these.
(b) His sisters.
(c) His friends.
(d) His cousins.
2. Who brings Sebastian back to life, following his attempted execution?
(a) His mother.
(b) The priest.
(c) A widow.
(d) His lover.
3. What does the narrator do to please his inner demons?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Make the demons heroes.
(c) Make out with boys.
(d) Make out with girls.
4. Who reveals the identity of the figure in the photograph to the narrator?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His nurse.
(d) His mother.
5. At the school, who knows why Omi has been expelled?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Omi's brother.
(c) The teachers.
(d) The janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the essay his later self deems as false, what does the narrator trick himself into believing?
2. How does the narrator react to Reni's "Saint Sebastian"?
3. When is the narrator's birthday?
4. The narrator chooses not to speak to Yakumo because he is ashamed of what?
5. During puberty, the narrator likens his penis to a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of his family when the narrator dresses up as the magician, Tenkatsu?
2. While in school with Omi, what type of boy is the narrator attracted to?
3. How does the narrator feel about the prospect of grabbing Omi during a game of Dirty?
4. Over the summer, the narrator realizes his love for Omi may actually be what?
5. When Omi and the narrator lock eyes during a game of "King of the Hill," what does the narrator imagine has taken place?
6. When the other boys are impressed with the narrator's crass remarks about sex, how does the narrator feel?
7. What sickness does the narrator suffer from and how does it affect him?
8. What type of gender influence does the narrator have as a child?
9. Why does the narrator feel he has cheated his way through life?
10. Why does the prince in the Hungarian fairy tale upset the narrator?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)