|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes popular with the boys when the country goes to war?
(a) Casual sex.
(b) Shooting firearms.
(d) Drinking and smoking.
2. Where does the narrator spend his summer, prior to Omi's expulsion?
(a) With Omi.
(b) With his father.
(c) At school.
(d) The beach.
3. What type of clothing does the narrator wear, once he reaches puberty?
(a) A soldier cap.
(b) A naval uniform.
(c) Long pants.
(d) Women's clothing.
4. In the essay his later self deems as false, what does the narrator trick himself into believing?
(a) He is healthy.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is someone others admire.
5. The narrator is surprised he becomes attracted to whom as he gets older?
(a) Older women.
(b) Intellectual, older men.
(c) Graceful, young boys.
(d) Sickly young girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, the narrator fantasizes that who wants to kill him?
2. In order to appear masculine, what does the narrator convince his female cousins to do?
3. What do the boys at the school notice about Omi's body?
4. What smell does the narrator associate with soldiers?
5. In one particular story read by the narrator, what keeps a Hungarian prince alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator begin drinking and smoking?
2. Why do the narrator's parents keep him from living in the dormitories at school?
3. Why does the narrator believe that his lack of interest in women may have to do with laziness?
4. When Omi and the narrator lock eyes during a game of "King of the Hill," what does the narrator imagine has taken place?
5. What attracts the narrator to soldiers as a youth?
6. Why is the narrator unable to participate in gym class the day that Omi demonstrates how to use the bars?
7. Describe the outfits the boys have to wear to school on "ceremony day"?
8. How does the narrator feel about the prospect of grabbing Omi during a game of Dirty?
9. Why is the narrator's opportunity to live with his father cut short?
10. What is the reaction of his family when the narrator dresses up as the magician, Tenkatsu?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)