|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator see Sonoko for the second time following their break-up?
(a) The library.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) Her family's house.
2. What does the narrator ask Sonoko to do, even though it is inappropriate?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Visit his dorm room.
(c) Meet with him privately.
(d) Get a divorce.
3. During the narrator's visit to see Kusano, the narrator sees Sonoko as what?
(a) Protective armor.
(b) A girl seeking marriage.
(c) A clingy girlfriend.
(d) Cold and aloof.
4. When Kusano is a soldier, what time does his family have to get up in order to visit with him?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
5. In college, what does the narrator do to make others believe he is attracted to women?
(a) Acts lovesick.
(b) Flirts with his female teachers.
(c) Dates many women.
(d) Whistles at women.
6. On the train, what does Mr. Ohba do in excess?
7. After the narrator kisses Sonoko, he admits he is afraid he will soon do what?
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Drop out of school.
8. What author is referred to as a sodomite in Confessions of a Mask?
(c) Mark Twain.
9. What does the narrator do to promise Sonoko he is considering her for marriage?
(a) Locks fingers.
(b) Gives her a ring.
(c) Speaks with her father.
(d) Writes her a letter.
10. Why does the narrator try to fantasize about women?
(a) To impress his father.
(b) He still hopes to meet the woman of his dreams.
(c) He wants to make Sonoko jealous.
(d) He wants to be attracted to them.
11. After kissing Sonoko, what does the narrator consider for the first time in his life?
(a) Becoming a priest.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Having children.
12. When the narrator is around Sonoko, how does he feel?
13. For what does the narrator give Sonoko a hard time following their break-up?
(a) Moving away.
(b) Not calling him.
(c) Marrying someone else so quickly.
(d) Speaking poorly of him to others.
14. What color does the sky turn following an air raid?
15. What do the draft doctors think about the narrator's health?
(a) His autointoxication is faked.
(b) He needs to eat more protein.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He is in perfect health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Ohba feel about the war?
2. To whom is the narrator attracted when he takes Sonoko to a dance hall?
3. Where does the narrator kiss Sonoko for the first time?
4. How does Sonoko make the narrator feel?
5. How old is the narrator when he attempts to lose his virginity?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)