|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator seek out Sonoko, following the visit to her brother?
(a) The library.
(b) Her house.
(d) Her school.
2. What does Sonoko feel for Mr. Ohba?
3. On the train, what does Mr. Ohba do in excess?
4. After kissing Sonoko, what does the narrator consider for the first time in his life?
(a) Having children.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Becoming a priest.
5. Where does the narrator see wounded air raid victims lying?
(a) By the train tracks.
(b) In town square.
(c) On his front porch.
(d) In newly dug graves.
6. What does Sonoko inspire the narrator to do?
(a) Believe he can love a woman.
(b) Climb on the roof and sing.
(c) Jump in front of the train.
(d) Write a love poem.
7. What does the narrator do to promise Sonoko he is considering her for marriage?
(a) Gives her a ring.
(b) Speaks with her father.
(c) Locks fingers.
(d) Writes her a letter.
8. From what ailment is the narrator suffering when Chieko kisses him?
9. During his visit to see Kusano, the narrator is concerned that Kusano will notice what?
(a) He is gay.
(b) His attraction to his sister.
(c) His discomfort with the war.
(d) He is not making money.
10. After spending time with the narrator, Sonoko feels so guilty she plans to do what?
(a) Get baptized.
(b) Get married.
(c) Confess everything to a priest.
(d) Leave town.
11. How does Mr. Ohba feel about the war?
12. What does Sonoko plan to do to protect herself from air raids?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Live with the narrator.
(c) Evacuate the city.
(d) Build a bomb shelter.
13. What is the first physical act of intimacy the narrator offers to Sonoko?
(a) Kissing her on the lips.
(b) Holding her tight.
(c) Holding hands.
(d) His arm around her waist.
14. What does the narrator bring to Sonoko when he first seeks her out?
(b) A book.
(c) A love poem.
15. While kissing Chieko, who does the narrator fantasize about?
(b) The male nurse.
(c) A comic book character.
Short Answer Questions
1. After kissing Sonoko, the narrator claims he cannot extend his visit with her because of what?
2. Following the break-up with the narrator, what does Sonoko claim to be happy about?
3. What does the narrator feel about Sonoko's love for him?
4. After the narrator kisses Sonoko, he describes her beauty as what?
5. For what does the narrator give Sonoko a hard time following their break-up?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)