|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author is referred to as a sodomite in Confessions of a Mask?
(d) Mark Twain.
2. The narrator notices that, because of the war, Kusano's hands have become what?
(c) Stained with blood.
3. While kissing Chieko, who does the narrator fantasize about?
(a) A comic book character.
(c) The male nurse.
4. How does Mr. Ohba feel about the war?
5. From what ailment is the narrator suffering when Chieko kisses him?
6. In what year does the narrator graduate from high school?
7. What does Sonoko do soon after her relationship with the narrator ends?
(a) Moves in next door to him.
(b) Enlists in the army.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Attempts suicide.
8. Sonoko gives the narrator his first what?
(a) A love letter.
(c) Alcoholic beverage.
9. What does the narrator do to promise Sonoko he is considering her for marriage?
(a) Speaks with her father.
(b) Writes her a letter.
(c) Locks fingers.
(d) Gives her a ring.
10. When Kusano is a soldier, what time does his family have to get up in order to visit with him?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
11. What bothers the narrator about his first encounter with Sonoko following their break-up?
(a) Her anger towards him.
(b) The man she is with.
(c) What she's wearing.
(d) Her kindness.
12. How long does the university postpone classes during the Allied-raids?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) They do not postpone classes.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What does the narrator fear about his behavior towards Sonoko?
(a) It is too effeminate.
(b) It is cocky.
(c) It is too forward.
(d) It is false.
14. What does the narrator study in college?
15. What does the narrator feel about Sonoko's love for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator end his relationship with Sonoko?
2. After the narrator kisses Sonoko, he admits he is afraid he will soon do what?
3. When the narrator finally kisses Sonoko, what does he feel?
4. What does the narrator feel like when the narrator imagines kissing Sonoko?
5. What does Sonoko feel for Mr. Ohba?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)