|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of physical affection did the narrator once receive from Sumiko?
(a) She danced with him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She put her head in his lap.
(d) She kissed him.
2. With whom is the narrator typically allowed to play as a child?
(a) The neighborhood girls.
(b) The soldiers on duty.
(c) No one.
(d) The neighborhood boys.
3. The narrator thinks his involvement in the war will make him what?
(c) More interesting.
4. For the narrator, Omi represents the perfect image of what?
(b) Upper class.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A criminal.
5. What occupation was once held by the narrator's grandfather?
(a) President of a corporation.
(b) Naval captain.
(c) Colonel governor.
(d) Lieutenant governor.
6. During the war, what does the school administration have the boys do?
(a) Wear uniforms.
(b) Volunteer at the hospital.
(c) Raise money for weapons.
7. What does the narrator find attractive about Sumiko?
(a) Her underbite.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her chest.
(d) Her overbite.
8. Upon Omi's expulsion, the narrator feels Omi has been what?
9. On what popular playground toy do Omi and the narrator battle?
(a) The slide.
(b) The swinging log.
(c) The jungle gym.
(d) The balance beam.
10. What photograph is the narrator obsessed with as a child?
(c) The statue David.
(d) Joan of Arc.
11. The narrator chooses not to speak to Yakumo because he is ashamed of what?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His father.
(c) His hair.
(d) His body.
12. After the battle, what does Omi do to the narrator?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Threatens him.
(c) Puts an arm around him.
(d) Punches him.
13. From what illness does the narrator suffer?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) Small pox.
14. Why does the narrator move in with his father?
(a) His grandparents out him.
(b) His father is a homosexual.
(c) He hates his mother.
(d) He has no money.
15. At what age does the narrator write an essay that his later self deems as false?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used to kill Sebastian for good?
2. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
3. From what does Katakura die?
4. During puberty, the narrator likens his penis to a what?
5. When the narrator begins scowling at other people, he does it to appear what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)