|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Omi is expelled, the narrator's fantasies mentally play out in what location?
(a) A Grecian murder theater.
(b) Omi's house.
(c) A church.
(d) His teacher's house.
2. What do the boys at school believe about Omi?
(a) He is well endowed.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is someone to fear.
(d) He has had sex with many women.
3. How old is the narrator when he is first attracted to another man?
4. Who was the Captain of the Praetorian Guard of Rome?
(a) The narrator's father.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Omi's father.
5. Who brings Sebastian back to life, following his attempted execution?
(a) The priest.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) A widow.
6. As a boy, what does the narrator associate with the idea of love?
(a) All of these.
7. After witnessing Omi on the gym bars, what does the narrator feel for him?
8. Upon Omi's expulsion, the narrator feels Omi has been what?
9. At what age does the narrator hit puberty?
10. What do the boys at the school notice about Omi's body?
(a) His enormous feet.
(b) One leg is shorter than the other.
(c) His freckles.
(d) His armpit hair.
11. In one particular story read by the narrator, what keeps a Hungarian prince alive?
(a) His sword.
(c) A magic diamond.
(d) A fairy godmother.
12. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) The United States.
13. The narrator is concerned his lack of interest in women stems from what?
(b) Creative expression.
(c) A test of the soul.
14. What is the objective of the graphic game the boys play with each other?
(a) To get lots of girls.
(b) To pull each other's hair.
(c) To push someone down the stairs.
(d) To grab each other's crotch.
15. When the narrator begins scowling at other people, he does it to appear what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator masturbate in class?
2. Over the summer, why does the narrator suddenly feel close to Omi?
3. For the narrator, Omi represents the perfect image of what?
4. What is the name of the female magician who inspires the narrator?
5. What type of clothing does the narrator wear, once he reaches puberty?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)