|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the narrator given an opportunity to start a conversation with Yakumo, but doesn't?
(a) In the library.
(c) At his aunt's house.
(d) Swimming lessons.
2. When the narrator begins scowling at other people, he does it to appear what?
3. At what age does the narrator write an essay that his later self deems as false?
4. After witnessing Omi on the gym bars, what does the narrator feel for him?
5. What time was the narrator born?
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
6. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He does not respect him.
7. Why does the narrator masturbate in class?
(a) He wants to get expelled.
(b) He does it on a dare.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is attracted to his teacher.
8. How does the narrator react to Reni's "Saint Sebastian"?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is turned on.
(c) He is inspired.
(d) He is scared.
9. At what age does the narrator hit puberty?
10. Why does the narrator move in with his father?
(a) He hates his mother.
(b) His grandparents out him.
(c) He has no money.
(d) His father is a homosexual.
11. On what popular playground toy do Omi and the narrator battle?
(a) The swinging log.
(b) The balance beam.
(c) The jungle gym.
(d) The slide.
12. What type of stories does the narrator like to read as a child?
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Romance novels.
13. On what day do the boys at school have to dress in naval attire?
(a) May Day.
(b) Veterans Day.
(c) The fourth of July.
(d) Ceremonial Day.
14. What smell does the narrator associate with soldiers?
(c) Motor oil.
15. For the narrator, Omi represents the perfect image of what?
(a) Upper class.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
2. How do the adults communicate after returning from a shining city in the narrator's dream?
3. What does the narrator find attractive about Sumiko?
4. What subject is the narrator fascinated with as a child?
5. Who reveals the identity of the figure in the photograph to the narrator?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)