|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Omi is expelled, what type of fantasies does the narrator indulge in?
2. When is the narrator's birthday?
(a) April 7, 1945.
(b) January 4, 1925.
(c) June 18, 1950.
(d) February 10, 1931.
3. The narrator is surprised he becomes attracted to whom as he gets older?
(a) Older women.
(b) Graceful, young boys.
(c) Sickly young girls.
(d) Intellectual, older men.
4. How does the narrator incite a feeling of superiority around his classmates?
(a) Showing off his money.
(b) Crude remarks.
(c) Taking medication.
(d) Proving his intelligence.
5. A friend suggests the narrator should target whom for the graphic game?
(a) The colonel.
(b) His brother.
(c) The school master.
6. When the narrator begins scowling at other people, he does it to appear what?
7. What impression does the narrator have of Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He is tough.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is brave.
(d) He is mean.
8. From what does Katakura die?
(a) Yellow fever.
(b) A broken heart.
9. Upon Omi's expulsion, the narrator feels Omi has been what?
10. Whom does the narrator relate to in the stories he reads?
(a) The prince.
(b) The princess.
(c) The dragon.
(d) The poor.
11. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He does not respect him.
12. What word does the narrator use to describe the occupation of a night-soil man?
13. Why is it ironic that the narrator cannot swim?
(a) His mother teaches him every year.
(b) He is an expert diver.
(c) Omi is the swimming champion.
(d) He loves the ocean.
14. At what age does the narrator write an essay that his later self deems as false?
15. What does the narrator plan to do once he leaves school?
(a) Go live with his father.
(b) Get married.
(c) Join the general military.
(d) Fight for the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do to please his inner demons?
2. Why was the narrator once attracted to a girl on his bus?
3. How old is Yakumo when the narrator first becomes attracted to him?
4. What does the narrator swear off, after witnessing Omi on the gym bars?
5. What does the narrator try to learn from others?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)