|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 183-218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento of the narrator's is stolen on the train?
(a) Sonoko's picture.
(b) His father's pocketwatch.
(c) His necklace.
(d) His mother's diary.
2. How does the narrator feel when separated from Sonoko?
3. On what day do the boys at school have to dress in naval attire?
(a) Veterans Day.
(b) The fourth of July.
(c) Ceremonial Day.
(d) May Day.
4. In order to appear masculine, what does the narrator convince his female cousins to do?
(a) Kill a bird.
(b) Play war.
(c) Shoot at a soldier.
(d) Cliff dive.
5. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe he will do at a younger age than most?
2. After kissing Sonoko, the narrator claims he cannot extend his visit with her because of what?
3. During the war, what does the school administration have the boys do?
4. What first attracts the narrator to Kusano's sister?
5. The narrator is surprised he becomes attracted to whom as he gets older?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)