|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 183-218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the narrator invited to visit with Kusano's regiment?
2. What does the narrator lie about during his meeting for the draft?
(a) His parentage.
(b) His health.
(c) His ambitions.
(d) His fascination with war.
3. What does Sonoko plan to do to protect herself from air raids?
(a) Live with the narrator.
(b) Evacuate the city.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Build a bomb shelter.
4. What time was the narrator born?
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
5. What is Omi doing when the narrator finds him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) Smoking a cigarette.
(b) Vandalizing the school.
(c) Writing his name in the snow.
(d) Kissing a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In college, what does the narrator do to make others believe he is attracted to women?
2. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
3. What photograph is the narrator obsessed with as a child?
4. Who reveals the identity of the figure in the photograph to the narrator?
5. Who was the Captain of the Praetorian Guard of Rome?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)