|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 153-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does the narrator claim to remember from his birth?
(a) The bed.
(b) The basin.
(c) His mother's necklace.
(d) His father's ring.
2. What occupation was once held by the narrator's grandfather?
(a) Naval captain.
(b) President of a corporation.
(c) Colonel governor.
(d) Lieutenant governor.
3. At what age does the narrator write an essay that his later self deems as false?
4. The narrator chooses not to speak to Yakumo because he is ashamed of what?
(a) His body.
(b) His father.
(c) His hair.
(d) His clothes.
5. When is the narrator given an opportunity to start a conversation with Yakumo, but doesn't?
(b) Swimming lessons.
(c) In the library.
(d) At his aunt's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator fear about his behavior towards Sonoko?
2. What do the draft doctors think about the narrator's health?
3. What does the narrator try to learn from others?
4. What color is the narrator's hair at birth?
5. What type of clothing does the narrator wear, once he reaches puberty?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)