|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 153-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the narrator use to describe the occupation of a night-soil man?
2. What is the objective of the graphic game the boys play with each other?
(a) To push someone down the stairs.
(b) To grab each other's crotch.
(c) To pull each other's hair.
(d) To get lots of girls.
3. What effect do death and blood have on the narrator during puberty?
(a) The repulse him.
(b) They arouse him.
(c) They frighten him.
(d) They haunt him.
4. What occupation was once held by the narrator's grandfather?
(a) Colonel governor.
(b) Naval captain.
(c) President of a corporation.
(d) Lieutenant governor.
5. At what age does the narrator hit puberty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Omi's expulsion, the narrator feels Omi has been what?
2. When hearing air raid sirens, what does the boy look forward to?
3. As a boy, what does the narrator associate with the idea of love?
4. In what month is the narrator invited to visit with Kusano's regiment?
5. When Kusano is a soldier, what time does his family have to get up in order to visit with him?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)