|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 153-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys at school believe about Omi?
(a) He is well endowed.
(b) He is someone to fear.
(c) He has had sex with many women.
(d) All of these.
2. Why is it ironic that the narrator cannot swim?
(a) Omi is the swimming champion.
(b) He loves the ocean.
(c) His mother teaches him every year.
(d) He is an expert diver.
3. What does the narrator believe he must hide from others?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His parentage.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His true self.
4. After avoiding the draft, how does the narrator decide he wants to die?
(a) Because of his own stupidity.
(b) Strung to a tree, with arrows.
(c) In Omi's arms.
(d) With his family.
5. What type of physical affection did the narrator once receive from Sumiko?
(a) She kissed him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She put her head in his lap.
(d) She danced with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator plan to do once he leaves school?
2. In what month is the narrator invited to visit with Kusano's regiment?
3. In the first attempt to execute Sebastian, what weapon was used?
4. During the war, what does the school administration have the boys do?
5. What is the name of the female magician who inspires the narrator?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)