|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 101-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the narrator given an opportunity to start a conversation with Yakumo, but doesn't?
(a) At his aunt's house.
(c) In the library.
(d) Swimming lessons.
2. The narrator is concerned his lack of interest in women stems from what?
(a) A test of the soul.
(b) Creative expression.
3. For the narrator, Omi represents the perfect image of what?
(b) A scholar.
(c) Upper class.
(d) A criminal.
4. What time was the narrator born?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
5. What do the boys at the school notice about Omi's body?
(a) One leg is shorter than the other.
(b) His freckles.
(c) His enormous feet.
(d) His armpit hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to learn from others?
2. When the war begins, what does the country become?
3. As a child, the narrator fantasizes that who wants to kill him?
4. What is the objective of the graphic game the boys play with each other?
5. Before encountering Omi alone in the schoolyard, what does the narrator believe about Omi?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)