|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 61-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the schoolboys call the graphic game they play with each other?
(b) Hat grab.
(c) Sucker punch.
2. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He fears him.
(b) He does not respect him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He loves him.
3. From what does Katakura die?
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) A broken heart.
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the occupation of a night-soil man?
5. What about Omi begins to bother the narrator?
(a) His disinterest in the narrator.
(b) His attraction to women.
(c) His lisp.
(d) His physical perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator spend his summer, prior to Omi's expulsion?
2. At the school, who knows why Omi has been expelled?
3. From what illness does the narrator suffer?
4. For the narrator, Omi represents the perfect image of what?
5. What type of stories does the narrator like to read as a child?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)