|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 61-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does the narrator claim to remember from his birth?
(a) His mother's necklace.
(b) The bed.
(c) His father's ring.
(d) The basin.
2. What do the schoolboys call the graphic game they play with each other?
(a) Hat grab.
(d) Sucker punch.
3. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He does not respect him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He loves him.
4. As a boy, what does the narrator associate with the idea of love?
(b) All of these.
5. What impression does the narrator have of Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is brave.
(c) He is tough.
(d) He is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the narrator use to describe the occupation of a night-soil man?
2. During what game do Omi and the narrator do battle?
3. What effect do death and blood have on the narrator during puberty?
4. During puberty, the narrator likens his penis to a what?
5. What do the boys at school believe about Omi?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)