|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 34-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does the narrator hit puberty?
2. What type of stories does the narrator like to read as a child?
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Romance novels.
3. With whom is the narrator typically allowed to play as a child?
(a) The neighborhood boys.
(b) No one.
(c) The neighborhood girls.
(d) The soldiers on duty.
4. What occupation was once held by the narrator's grandfather?
(a) Lieutenant governor.
(b) Colonel governor.
(c) President of a corporation.
(d) Naval captain.
5. What is Omi doing when the narrator finds him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) Writing his name in the snow.
(b) Kissing a girl.
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Vandalizing the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, the narrator fantasizes that who wants to kill him?
2. What is the name of the female magician who inspires the narrator?
3. When is the narrator's birthday?
4. What does the narrator do to celebrate his admiration for the female magician?
5. What effect do death and blood have on the narrator during puberty?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)