|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 34-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness does the narrator suffer?
(c) Small pox.
(d) Yellow fever.
2. After being affected by "Saint Sebastian," what does the narrator do to analyze his feelings?
(a) Writes an essay.
(b) Visits Rome.
(d) Attends art school.
3. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He does not respect him.
(b) He fears him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He loves him.
4. What object does the narrator claim to remember from his birth?
(a) The bed.
(b) His father's ring.
(c) His mother's necklace.
(d) The basin.
5. In order to appear masculine, what does the narrator convince his female cousins to do?
(a) Play war.
(b) Cliff dive.
(c) Kill a bird.
(d) Shoot at a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do to celebrate his admiration for the female magician?
2. Who reveals the identity of the figure in the photograph to the narrator?
3. What do the schoolboys call the graphic game they play with each other?
4. What is the name of the female magician who inspires the narrator?
5. As a child, the narrator fantasizes that who wants to kill him?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)