|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 183-218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator bring to Sonoko when he first seeks her out?
(a) A love poem.
(d) A book.
2. How do the adults communicate after returning from a shining city in the narrator's dream?
(a) In French.
(b) By sign.
(c) In writing.
(d) Through touch.
3. Who scolds the narrator for claiming to remember his birth?
4. What does Sonoko plan to do to protect herself from air raids?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Live with the narrator.
(c) Evacuate the city.
(d) Build a bomb shelter.
5. How does the school announce Omi's expulsion?
(a) A posted notice.
(b) They do not reveal his expulsion.
(c) A PA announcement.
(d) At an assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kusano is a soldier, what time does his family have to get up in order to visit with him?
2. After Omi is expelled, the narrator's fantasies mentally play out in what location?
3. After Omi is expelled, from what physical ailment does the narrator suffer?
4. During puberty, the narrator likens his penis to a what?
5. Whom does Sonoko's mother send to chaperon her?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)