|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pages 61-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator fantasize about after his meeting with Omi in the school yard?
(a) To get good grades.
(b) Killing Omi.
(c) Seeing him naked.
(d) For Omi to punch him.
2. What smell does the narrator associate with soldiers?
(c) Motor oil.
3. What type of clothing does the narrator wear, once he reaches puberty?
(a) A soldier cap.
(b) A naval uniform.
(c) Long pants.
(d) Women's clothing.
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the occupation of a night-soil man?
5. After the battle, what does Omi do to the narrator?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Threatens him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Puts an arm around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the adults communicate after returning from a shining city in the narrator's dream?
2. After Omi is expelled, the narrator dreams of doing what to a classmate?
3. Who scolds the narrator for claiming to remember his birth?
4. To where is the narrator's father transferred right after the narrator moves in with him?
5. When is the narrator's birthday?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)