|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 126-153.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When hearing air raid sirens, what does the boy look forward to?
(a) Getting out of school.
(c) Seeing Omi again.
2. What does the narrator fantasize about after his meeting with Omi in the school yard?
(a) For Omi to punch him.
(b) To get good grades.
(c) Seeing him naked.
(d) Killing Omi.
3. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He does not respect him.
(c) He fears him.
(d) He loves him.
4. What does Sonoko inspire the narrator to do?
(a) Write a love poem.
(b) Climb on the roof and sing.
(c) Believe he can love a woman.
(d) Jump in front of the train.
5. How long does the university postpone classes during the Allied-raids?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) They do not postpone classes.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. After avoiding the draft, how does the narrator decide he wants to die?
2. When the narrator begins scowling at other people, he does it to appear what?
3. After Omi is expelled, the narrator's fantasies mentally play out in what location?
4. What is Omi doing when the narrator finds him alone in the schoolyard?
5. Before encountering Omi alone in the schoolyard, what does the narrator believe about Omi?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)