|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 153-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do death and blood have on the narrator during puberty?
(a) They arouse him.
(b) They frighten him.
(c) They haunt him.
(d) The repulse him.
2. What does Sonoko plan to do to protect herself from air raids?
(a) Build a bomb shelter.
(b) Evacuate the city.
(c) Live with the narrator.
(d) Join the army.
3. When the war begins, what does the country become?
4. The narrator chooses not to speak to Yakumo because he is ashamed of what?
(a) His body.
(b) His hair.
(c) His father.
(d) His clothes.
5. What becomes popular with the boys when the country goes to war?
(a) Casual sex.
(b) Drinking and smoking.
(c) Shooting firearms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Omi after meeting him alone in the schoolyard?
2. What is the objective of the graphic game the boys play with each other?
3. The narrator is concerned his lack of interest in women stems from what?
4. In the first attempt to execute Sebastian, what weapon was used?
5. What do the boys at school believe about Omi?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)