|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, pages 153-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator seek out Sonoko, following the visit to her brother?
(b) The library.
(c) Her school.
(d) Her house.
2. When the war begins, what does the country become?
3. During his visit to see Kusano, the narrator is concerned that Kusano will notice what?
(a) His discomfort with the war.
(b) He is not making money.
(c) He is gay.
(d) His attraction to his sister.
4. When the narrator returns to school in Chapter 3, what health ailment does he fake?
(a) A toothache.
(b) A heart problem.
5. During puberty, the narrator likens his penis to a what?
(a) A shameful reward.
(b) A new toy.
(c) A frightening thing.
(d) A angry missile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find attractive about Sumiko?
2. What weapon is used to kill Sebastian for good?
3. What does the narrator do to please his inner demons?
4. The narrator decides he will feel what if his family is killed in an air raid?
5. Why does the narrator move in with his father?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)