|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florence obtain in order to avoid pregnancy in Chapter 12?
2. Who wrote "The Decameron"?
3. What did Bres suggest Florence apply for in Chapter 16?
4. Who was the campus heartthrob who taught Florence's favorite course in Chapter 11?
5. Whose father owned half the Delta, according to the girls in the Grope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Florence go on her first date in Chapter 10? What were the "rules" for young women dating at that time?
2. What were Florence's views on dating in high school in Chapter 8? How did the other girls view her for this?
3. What was Florence's first impression of her advisor in college?
4. What did Florence do in preparation for sexual exploration in Chapter 12?
5. What did Herb tell Florence when she called home in Chapter 14?
6. Why did Florence go to the gynecologist in Chapter 8? What happened?
7. How did Florence view the deep South in Chapter 13?
8. What happened with Florence's English textbooks in Chapter 11?
9. What did the college president state in his speech in Chapter 9?
10. What group of girls did Florence belong to in high school? What were the alternative group referred to as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Louise King and the setting of Chapter 1. What year was Mama born? Where did she grow up? What was Ballston like during this time period?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florence's visit to the gynecologist in Chapter 8. Why did the doctor present Granny with a certificate and what did it prove?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Florence's views of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8. How common was it for young women to be uneducated in the ways of sex at this time?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)