Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what year was "The Decameron" begun?
2. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
3. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
4. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
5. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Granny (Lura Ruding nee Upton) and Jensy Custis in the narrative. What role did Granny play in Mama and Herb's life before Florence was born?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florence's visit to the gynecologist in Chapter 8. Why did the doctor present Granny with a certificate and what did it prove?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of Memphis and Oxford, Mississippi, in the narrative. How do these settings differ from those in Florence's childhood?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)