|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Griselda marry in medieval folklore?
2. In what department was Bres a graduate assistant?
3. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
4. What did Florence decide as an undergraduate major in Chapter 11?
5. Who revealed his ancestry was about to be defined in no uncertain terms, and left Florence with two hints to figure it out in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Louise King and the setting of Chapter 1. What year was Mama born? Where did she grow up? What was Ballston like during this time period?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florence's experiences in the Marine camp and the stereotypes of Marines as lesbians in the narrative. How did Florence stand up for herself in the sorority?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of sexuality, gender and misanthropy in the text. How did Florence form a misanthropic view during her childhood and why?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)