|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bres define as "a woman of great stature, strength and courage who is not feminine in conventional ways" in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 9, the college president recommended the ____ life for his students since it was an excellent way to meet people and acquire dates.
3. Who did Bres and Florence visit for Christmas in Chapter 15?
4. How far away from Oxford is Batesville, MS?
5. What did Florence tell the school nurse she wanted to have in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Granny and Florence in Florence's first years. How did Florence feel about Granny in Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of sexuality, gender and misanthropy in the text. How did Florence form a misanthropic view during her childhood and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Florence's experiences in the Marine camp and the stereotypes of Marines as lesbians in the narrative. How did Florence stand up for herself in the sorority?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)