|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Florence go on her first date with her lab partner in Chapter 10?
2. Who led the Renaissance England class in Chapter 12?
3. What did Florence define as "a woman who worries about her femininity" in Chapter 12?
4. In what department was Bres a graduate assistant?
5. Who did Bres and Florence visit for Christmas in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Florence view the deep South in Chapter 13?
2. How did Florence feel about the end of her undergraduate career?
3. Why did Florence go to the gynecologist in Chapter 8? What happened?
4. How did Florence feel about marriage in Chapter 11? What class was her favorite in college?
5. How did Bres come about defining "virago" in Chapter 14?
6. What group of girls did Florence belong to in high school? What were the alternative group referred to as?
7. What about Miz Arvella's speech did Florence intend to analyze in Chapter 13?
8. What did the college president state in his speech in Chapter 9?
9. What led to Florence's being asked to leave her sorority in Chapter 12?
10. What did Paula Hale inform Florence in Chapter 9? What was her reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Florence's visit to the gynecologist in Chapter 8. Why did the doctor present Granny with a certificate and what did it prove?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the role that World War II played in the lives of the King family in Chapter 5. How did Herb feel about the war? How did Mama?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Florence's experiences in the Marine camp and the stereotypes of Marines as lesbians in the narrative. How did Florence stand up for herself in the sorority?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)