Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what year was "The Decameron" begun?
2. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
3. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
4. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
5. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings of Memphis and Oxford, Mississippi, in the narrative. How do these settings differ from those in Florence's childhood?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of sexuality, gender and misanthropy in the text. How did Florence form a misanthropic view during her childhood and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Evelyn and Mama in the narrative. How are these women different? What similarities do they share?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)