|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what college did most people seeking a French major go to in Chapter 9, according to Florence's French teacher?
2. In Chapter 8, Florence began to have cramps so bad that her grandmother took her where?
3. Who led the Renaissance England class in Chapter 12?
4. What stuttering man did Florence date whose proposal Granny was eager for her to accept in Chapter 11?
5. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Herb tell Florence when she called home in Chapter 14?
2. How did Florence feel about the end of her undergraduate career?
3. What led to Florence's being asked to leave her sorority in Chapter 12?
4. Why did Florence go to the gynecologist in Chapter 8? What happened?
5. How did Florence feel about Bres upon returning from the Christmas holidays in Chapter 16?
6. What were Florence's views on dating in high school in Chapter 8? How did the other girls view her for this?
7. What did the college president state in his speech in Chapter 9?
8. What was Florence's understanding of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8?
9. Who did Florence begin dating the summer after her second year of college? Why did she break up with him?
10. Where did Bres and Florence go for Christmas in Chapter 15? What were Florence's impressions there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Florence's visit to the gynecologist in Chapter 8. Why did the doctor present Granny with a certificate and what did it prove?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of sexuality, gender and misanthropy in the text. How did Florence form a misanthropic view during her childhood and why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the role of religion in the King household in Chapter 3. How did Florence's beliefs form from these disparate beliefs?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)