Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what year was "The Decameron" begun?
2. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
3. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
4. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
5. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the civil rights movement in the narrative. How did Florence feel about segregation and black suppression? Did she have an opinion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the settings of Memphis and Oxford, Mississippi, in the narrative. How do these settings differ from those in Florence's childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Herb King and his relationship with Mama as described in the narrative. How long did Mama and Herb date before marrying? Where did they meet?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)