|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the college president stated, "a smart woman is one who's smart enough to know when to" what?
2. In Chapter 8, Florence began to have cramps so bad that her grandmother took her where?
3. Who did Florence begin helping with her French homework in Chapter 15?
4. Who was a Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty and fertility?
5. What was Florence's favorite college course in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Florence's first study of the classic Southern belle in Chapter 14?
2. What happened with Florence's English textbooks in Chapter 11?
3. What did Florence do in preparation for sexual exploration in Chapter 12?
4. What did the college president state in his speech in Chapter 9?
5. Where did Bres and Florence go for Christmas in Chapter 15? What were Florence's impressions there?
6. What were Florence's views on dating in high school in Chapter 8? How did the other girls view her for this?
7. How did Florence view the deep South in Chapter 13?
8. What led Florence to study for the Marines in Chapter 11?
9. Why did Florence go to the gynecologist in Chapter 8? What happened?
10. What was Florence's understanding of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Florence's views of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8. How common was it for young women to be uneducated in the ways of sex at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florence's relationship with Larry in Chapter 10. Why did Florence seek to date Larry? Why did they break up?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Granny and Florence in Florence's first years. How did Florence feel about Granny in Chapter 3?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)