|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what year was "The Decameron" begun?
2. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
3. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
4. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
5. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Granny and Florence in Florence's first years. How did Florence feel about Granny in Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the civil rights movement in the narrative. How did Florence feel about segregation and black suppression? Did she have an opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characteristics of Florence King. What is her writing style like? For what social and political beliefs is she most known?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)