|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the group known as which had Bres as its leader?
2. How old was Bres when Florence met her?
3. Who helped Florence obtain a fellowship to continue graduate studies in Chapter 12?
4. In what length of time did Florence write "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
5. What term refers to the automatic repetition of vocalizations made by another person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Florence to study for the Marines in Chapter 11?
2. Why did Florence go to the gynecologist in Chapter 8? What happened?
3. Where did the Grope go to drink in the end of Chapter 13?
4. Who did Florence begin dating the summer after her second year of college? Why did she break up with him?
5. What did Florence do in preparation for sexual exploration in Chapter 12?
6. Who helped Florence obtain a fellowship for graduate school in Chapter 12?
7. What led to Florence's being asked to leave her sorority in Chapter 12?
8. How did Florence feel about marriage in Chapter 11? What class was her favorite in college?
9. How did Florence feel about Bres upon returning from the Christmas holidays in Chapter 16?
10. How did Bres come about defining "virago" in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of education in the South, particularly in Virginia during the 1930s. When and how were girls educated differently than boys at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florence's relationship with Larry in Chapter 10. Why did Florence seek to date Larry? Why did they break up?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead and its impact on Florence King. How were Florence's later political views associated with this book?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)