|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Renaissance England class in Chapter 12?
2. What did Florence define as "a woman who worries about her femininity" in Chapter 12?
3. When did the Grope plan to make a liquor run in the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. Around what year was "Berenice" first performed?
5. Who revealed his ancestry was about to be defined in no uncertain terms, and left Florence with two hints to figure it out in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of sexuality, gender and misanthropy in the text. How did Florence form a misanthropic view during her childhood and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Florence's views of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8. How common was it for young women to be uneducated in the ways of sex at this time?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the role of religion in the King household in Chapter 3. How did Florence's beliefs form from these disparate beliefs?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)