|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Grope plan to make a liquor run in the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. How many words was Florence's story "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
3. Who did Florence have a sexual affair with in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Newton.
(b) Dr. Anderson.
(c) Dr. Nelson.
(d) Dr. James.
4. Where did Florence take a bus ride to from Memphis in Chapter 13?
(a) Chattanooga, TN.
(b) Oxford, MS.
(c) Nashville, TN.
(d) Little Rock, AR.
5. What did the doctor present Granny with after Florence's exam in Chapter 8?
(a) A certificate of authenticity.
(b) A certificate of health.
(c) A certificate of virginity.
(d) A certificate of pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bres got rid of the rest of the members of the Grope in Chapter 14 by telling them that she and Florence had to discuss what?
2. Who was Florence's college advisor in Chapter 9?
3. What did Bres define as "a woman of great stature, strength and courage who is not feminine in conventional ways" in Chapter 14?
4. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
5. What was Florence's favorite college course in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Florence feel about Bres upon returning from the Christmas holidays in Chapter 16?
2. What did Florence discover in the library while working on applications for grants in Chapter 16?
3. How did Florence view the deep South in Chapter 13?
4. How did Florence feel about marriage in Chapter 11? What class was her favorite in college?
5. How did Florence feel about the end of her undergraduate career?
6. What happened with Florence's English textbooks in Chapter 11?
7. Where did Florence go on her first date in Chapter 10? What were the "rules" for young women dating at that time?
8. What group of girls did Florence belong to in high school? What were the alternative group referred to as?
9. What did the college president state in his speech in Chapter 9?
10. How did Florence meet Bres in Chapter 13? What were her first impressions?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)