|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away from Oxford is Batesville, MS?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. What did Florence's sorority sisters tease her about in Chapter 12?
(a) Her major.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her family.
(d) Marine camp.
3. In medieval folklore, Griselda's husband demanded what of their first two children?
(a) That they be killed.
(b) That they marry.
(c) That they kill their mother.
(d) That they be monarchs.
4. Whose father owned half the Delta, according to the girls in the Grope?
5. Who did Griselda marry in medieval folklore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what year was "The Decameron" begun?
2. Who was a Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty and fertility?
3. Who was Florence's college advisor in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 9, the college president stated, "a smart woman is one who's smart enough to know when to" what?
5. Who was the campus heartthrob who taught Florence's favorite course in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Herb tell Florence when she called home in Chapter 14?
2. Where did the Grope go to drink in the end of Chapter 13?
3. What did Paula Hale inform Florence in Chapter 9? What was her reaction?
4. What was Florence's first impression of her advisor in college?
5. What happened with Florence's English textbooks in Chapter 11?
6. What did Florence do in preparation for sexual exploration in Chapter 12?
7. Who helped Florence obtain a fellowship for graduate school in Chapter 12?
8. Who did Florence begin dating the summer after her second year of college? Why did she break up with him?
9. How did Florence meet Bres in Chapter 13? What were her first impressions?
10. What about Miz Arvella's speech did Florence intend to analyze in Chapter 13?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)