|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what year was "Berenice" first performed?
2. Where did the Grope plan to make a liquor run in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Memphis, TN.
(b) Bayonneville, LA.
(c) Chattanooga, TN.
(d) West Memphis, AR.
3. How far away from Oxford is Batesville, MS?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 80 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 200 miles.
4. Who helped Florence obtain a fellowship to continue graduate studies in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Milikin.
(b) Dr. Hale.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Newton.
5. Why was Florence unable to transfer to another school to study French in Chapter 9?
(a) She was a woman.
(b) She was a Republican.
(c) She was on probation.
(d) She was on scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words was Florence's story "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
2. What was the group known as which had Bres as its leader?
3. What, in the original and strict sense is a woman of good family, analogous to the Latin generosus and generosa?
4. What speech pattern was Florence confounded by amongst the women at her graduate school?
5. Who wrote "The Decameron"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Florence begin dating the summer after her second year of college? Why did she break up with him?
2. What was Florence's understanding of sexuality in high school in Chapter 8?
3. Where did Bres and Florence go for Christmas in Chapter 15? What were Florence's impressions there?
4. What was Florence's first impression of her advisor in college?
5. What did Florence discover in the library while working on applications for grants in Chapter 16?
6. What were the first stories Florence wrote in Chapter 16? What success did she meet?
7. How did Florence meet Bres in Chapter 13? What were her first impressions?
8. Where did Florence go on her first date in Chapter 10? What were the "rules" for young women dating at that time?
9. Who was Florence's first study of the classic Southern belle in Chapter 14?
10. Where did the Grope go to drink in the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)