|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Granny's full name in Chapter 2?
(a) Lura Ruding.
(b) Lura Smith.
(c) Sara Ruding.
(d) Jessalyn Ruding.
2. How often did the house cleaner come to clean Mama's house in Chapter 2?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Once a week.
3. Why was Florence's family evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
(a) The building was condemned.
(b) The building caught fire.
(c) Herb was arrested.
(d) It was being segregated.
4. In what year was Florence's Mama born?
5. What character in "The Fountainhead" did Florence attempt to emulate?
(a) Dominique Francon.
(b) Howard Roark.
(c) Jessalyn Florence.
(d) James Perry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Herb ineligible for war?
2. Who wrote "The Fountainhead"?
3. In what grade did Florence begin studying French?
4. Who decided to replace the old tombstones in Congressional Cemetery with one big market in Chapter 5?
5. What is the full name of Florence's Mama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Florence transfer schools in Chapter 7? What did she enjoy studying there?
2. What led Florence's first teacher to suggest she skip Kindergarten B in Chapter 4?
3. What did Florence write about Granny inviting Jensy to live with them in Chapter 7?
4. Where did Herb and Mama set up house in Chapter 2? What did Granny think?
5. How did Florence describe the summer of 1941 in Chapter 4?
6. How did Granny obtain a house in Chapter 7? What was the new living situation like?
7. What disagreement did Herb and Granny have regarding Evelyn's behavior in Chapter 4?
8. What altering descriptions of femininity followed the war in Chapter 6?
9. What did Granny predict about Florence's birth? When was she born?
10. How is Mama described in her youth in Chapter 1?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)