|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of Florence's Mama?
(a) Lura King.
(b) Sara King.
(c) Angela King.
(d) Louise King.
2. What refers to an archetype for a young woman of the American Old South's upper class?
(a) Southern broad.
(b) Southern belle.
(c) Southern mirage.
(d) Southern flora.
3. Who became Florence's new teacher in 3B in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Ogilvy.
(b) Mrs. Otter.
(c) Miss Ballinger.
(d) Miss Tanner.
4. Who did Evelyn Cunningham live with in Chapter 1?
(a) Aunt Jessie Fairbanks.
(b) Aunt Sara Smith.
(c) Aunt Nana Fairbanks.
(d) Aunt Jessalyn Smith.
5. Who was the only man who was immune to Evelyn Cunningham's charms in Chapter 1?
(a) Preston Hunt.
(b) Larry Smith.
(c) Herbert King.
(d) James Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Mama went into a patriotic frenzy, smashing anything that was made where?
2. When did World War II end?
3. What did Florence always refer to her father as?
4. What was Granny's full name in Chapter 2?
5. What did Florence draw when her teacher asked her to sketch something on her first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the role of religion in the King household described in Chapter 3?
2. What argument did Granny and Mama have about working in Chapter 6?
3. Why did Florence transfer schools in Chapter 7? What did she enjoy studying there?
4. What led Granny to move in with Herb and Mama in Chapter 2? Who was Jensy?
5. What led Florence's first teacher to suggest she skip Kindergarten B in Chapter 4?
6. What altering descriptions of femininity followed the war in Chapter 6?
7. How is Granny described in Chapters 1 and 2? What was her relationship with Mama like?
8. How is Florence's early childhood described with Granny in Chapter 3?
9. How is Mama described in her youth in Chapter 1?
10. How did Granny obtain a house in Chapter 7? What was the new living situation like?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)