|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Florence's grandmother gave her an article from "Daughters" magazine about how God fashioned the Southern girl from all the wonders of His creation in celebration of what?
(a) Her first job.
(b) Her first menstruation.
(c) Her first date.
(d) Her college acceptance.
2. When did World War II end?
3. Granny refused the idea of babies having tender stomachs and fed Florence various foods, including what in Chapter 3?
(d) Indian peppers.
4. Whose Biblical theology was "enervated by her superiority complex," as noted by the author in Chapter 3?
5. Who was the principal at Florence's school in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Ballinger.
(b) Mr. Jameson.
(c) Miss Tanner.
(d) Miss Ballinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overdeveloped girl in Florence's class explained they were determining where to put each person in the junior high track in Chapter 6?
2. Who became Florence's new teacher in 3B in Chapter 5?
3. Where did Herb finally secure a job in Chapter 7?
4. How often did the house cleaner come to clean Mama's house in Chapter 2?
5. In what year was Florence's Mama born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Granny described in Chapters 1 and 2? What was her relationship with Mama like?
2. Why did Florence's family have to leave their home on Park Road in Chapter 4? Where did they move?
3. What was Florence's conclusion after her failed friendship with Harried in Chapter 6?
4. How did Florence and Granny react to Florence's first menstruation in Chapter 7? What literary figure did Florence become obsessed with at this time?
5. What did Florence write about Granny inviting Jensy to live with them in Chapter 7?
6. What reaction did the war cause in Florence's family in Chapter 5?
7. Where did the family accompany Granny every six months, as described in Chapter 3? What does Florence recall about these visits?
8. How did Granny obtain a house in Chapter 7? What was the new living situation like?
9. What did Granny predict about Florence's birth? When was she born?
10. What led to Florence being labeled "misanthropic" in Chapter 5?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)