|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Florence tell the school nurse she wanted to have in Chapter 8?
(a) A disenchantment.
(b) A hysterectomy.
(c) A baby.
(d) A lobotomy.
2. With what man did Florence have a sexual affair after Bres' death in Chapter 16?
3. Who did Bres and Florence visit for Christmas in Chapter 15?
(a) The Smith sisters.
(b) The Andras sisters.
(c) The Darnay sisters.
(d) The Vernon sisters.
4. What university did Florence attend for her undergraduate degree?
(a) University of Mississippi.
(b) Jamestown University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) American University.
5. What happened to all of Bres' belongings after her death?
(a) They were burned.
(b) They were given to an orphanage.
(c) They were donated to charity.
(d) Florence took them.
6. Who was a Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty and fertility?
7. Who led the Renaissance England class in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. James.
(b) Dr. Francis.
(c) Dr. Billican.
(d) Dr. Newton.
8. To what department did Florence rush to register for classes, after checking the girls into the dorm in Chapter 13?
(a) The History Department.
(b) The School of Education.
(c) The English Department.
(d) The Biology Department.
9. Who revealed his ancestry was about to be defined in no uncertain terms, and left Florence with two hints to figure it out in Chapter 14?
10. Who had been Florence's Mama's first beau?
(a) James Vincent.
(b) Lloyd Francis.
(c) Herb King.
(d) Preston Hunt.
11. Who wrote "The Decameron"?
(a) Giovanni Boccaccio.
(b) Andreas Francois.
(c) Alexander Pope.
(d) Viceno Botticelli.
12. How many words was Florence's story "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
13. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
(b) Sarah Mae.
14. What did Bres suggest Florence apply for in Chapter 16?
(a) A Foundation membership.
(b) A thesis grant.
(c) A Foundation grant.
(d) A teaching certificate.
15. Where did the Grope plan to make a liquor run in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) West Memphis, AR.
(b) Memphis, TN.
(c) Chattanooga, TN.
(d) Bayonneville, LA.
Short Answer Questions
1. In medieval folklore, Griselda's husband demanded what of their first two children?
2. Who was the head of the French Department in Chapter 9?
3. Where was the Woman Officer Candidate School that Florence attended in Chapter 11?
4. Whose father owned half the Delta, according to the girls in the Grope?
5. What did Bres' mother do when Florence begged her for something that belonged to Bres in Chapter 16?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)