|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been Florence's Mama's first beau?
(a) Herb King.
(b) James Vincent.
(c) Preston Hunt.
(d) Lloyd Francis.
2. Florence was the only member of her sorority who did not take what popular college course?
(a) Preparation for Business.
(b) French Grammar.
(c) English Composition.
(d) Preparation for Marriage.
3. Who wrote the play "Berenice"?
(a) Henry James.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Jean Racine.
(d) Ayn Rand.
4. Who revealed his ancestry was about to be defined in no uncertain terms, and left Florence with two hints to figure it out in Chapter 14?
5. What did Florence and Bres drink while talking at the dorm in Chapter 14?
6. What position did Florence take for the History Department as a summer job in Chapter 12?
(b) Assistant professor.
7. Who wrote "The Decameron"?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) Viceno Botticelli.
(c) Andreas Francois.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
8. What did Florence want to write her thesis on in Chapter 13?
(b) The Fountainhead.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Sarah James.
9. In what length of time did Florence write "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 days.
10. What happened to all of Bres' belongings after her death?
(a) They were burned.
(b) They were given to an orphanage.
(c) Florence took them.
(d) They were donated to charity.
11. In what department was Bres a graduate assistant?
(a) Social Sciences.
(d) The Classics.
12. How did Bres respond to Florence's news about becoming a published writer in Chapter 16?
(a) With joy.
(b) With anger.
(c) With jealousy.
(d) With pride.
13. Who helped Florence obtain a fellowship to continue graduate studies in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Milikin.
(c) Dr. Newton.
(d) Dr. Hale.
14. How old was Bres when Florence met her?
15. Who did Florence begin helping with her French homework in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the college president welcomed the Class of what year?
2. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
3. How far away from Oxford is Batesville, MS?
4. Where did Florence take a bus ride to from Memphis in Chapter 13?
5. Florence attempted to read a brochure from her mother's box of what in Chapter 8?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)