|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bres' mother do when Florence begged her for something that belonged to Bres in Chapter 16?
(a) Slapped her.
(b) Slammed the door in her face.
(c) Hugged her and cried.
(d) Gave her a sweater.
2. The Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Marian litany originally approved when by Pope Sixtus V?
3. What classic Southern belle did Florence study who was a rich heiress, and made her callers wait for a long time?
(a) Sarah Mae.
4. To what department did Florence rush to register for classes, after checking the girls into the dorm in Chapter 13?
(a) The School of Education.
(b) The Biology Department.
(c) The English Department.
(d) The History Department.
5. How much money did the magazine send Florence for her stories in Chapter 16?
6. What happened to all of Bres' belongings after her death?
(a) Florence took them.
(b) They were burned.
(c) They were donated to charity.
(d) They were given to an orphanage.
7. What did Florence define as "a woman who worries about her femininity" in Chapter 12?
(a) A belle.
(b) A debutante.
(c) A brain.
(d) A malkin.
8. In what length of time did Florence write "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
(a) 4 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 hours.
9. What did the doctor present Granny with after Florence's exam in Chapter 8?
(a) A certificate of pregnancy.
(b) A certificate of virginity.
(c) A certificate of health.
(d) A certificate of authenticity.
10. Who did Bres and Florence visit for Christmas in Chapter 15?
(a) The Andras sisters.
(b) The Darnay sisters.
(c) The Vernon sisters.
(d) The Smith sisters.
11. Where was the Woman Officer Candidate School that Florence attended in Chapter 11?
(a) Twentynine Palms, CA.
(b) Quantico, VA.
(c) Camp Lejeune, NC.
(d) New York, NY.
12. Where did Florence go on her first date with her lab partner in Chapter 10?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a student lecture.
(c) To dinner.
(d) A fraternity party.
13. What was Florence's monthly stipend to be for her fellowship in Chapter 12?
14. What did Florence decide as an undergraduate major in Chapter 11?
15. What did Florence say couldn't be all that bad if all of her sorority sisters were against it in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stuttering man did Florence date whose proposal Granny was eager for her to accept in Chapter 11?
2. What did Florence fear becoming after graduation in Chapter 12?
3. What were the group of girls with which Florence belongs in high school called?
4. How many words was Florence's story "I Committed Adultery in a Diabetic Coma"?
5. What did Florence's French teacher suggest she become in Chapter 8?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)