|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mama do when Florence's teacher sent home remarks that Florence was unsociable in Chapter 5?
(a) Spanked Florence.
(b) Grounded Florence.
(c) Made a disparaging remark.
(d) Sent Herb to the school.
2. Where did the ambulance take Evelyn to a hospital in Chapter 4?
(a) New Rochelle.
3. Where did Herb and Mama set up their first home in Chapter 2?
(a) Park Road.
(b) Jameston Ave.
(c) 14th Street.
(d) 17th Street.
4. What grade did Florence skip because of her grades in Chapter 5?
(b) Kindergarten B.
5. What refers to a young lady from an aristocratic or upper class family who has reached the age of maturity, and as a new adult, is introduced to society at a formal "début" presentation?
6. How often did the house cleaner come to clean Mama's house in Chapter 2?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
7. Who did Evelyn Cunningham live with in Chapter 1?
(a) Aunt Jessie Fairbanks.
(b) Aunt Jessalyn Smith.
(c) Aunt Nana Fairbanks.
(d) Aunt Sara Smith.
8. When was "The Fountainhead" published?
9. What genre of literature is "Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady"?
(a) Speculative fiction.
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Roman a clef.
10. What overdeveloped girl in Florence's class explained they were determining where to put each person in the junior high track in Chapter 6?
(a) Ann Hopkins.
(b) Sarah Hopkins.
(c) Andrea Frankle.
(d) Jennifer Hopkins.
11. Who became Florence's new teacher in 3B in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Otter.
(b) Mrs. Ogilvy.
(c) Miss Tanner.
(d) Miss Ballinger.
12. When did World War II end?
13. What was the name of Granny's son who died at a young age?
14. Whose presence was "destined to make the summer of 1941 a season that would live in imbecility" in Chapter 4?
15. Where did Florence's family vacation with their extended family in Chapter 4?
(b) St. Paul, MN.
(c) Corpus Cristi.
(d) Colonial Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms did the apartment have which Herb signed a lease on after Florence's family was evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
2. In what year was Florence's family evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
3. In what year was Florence's Mama born?
4. How old was Florence's Mama when she quit school?
5. Who wrote "The Fountainhead"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)