|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Florence's new teacher in 3B in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Ogilvy.
(b) Mrs. Otter.
(c) Miss Tanner.
(d) Miss Ballinger.
2. When did Florence's family vacation with their extended family in Chapter 4?
3. What refers to a formal ball and social gathering, often the venue for presenting débutantes - usually May through December?
(a) Marriage nuptual.
(b) Cotillion ball.
4. What refers to an archetype for a young woman of the American Old South's upper class?
(a) Southern belle.
(b) Southern flora.
(c) Southern mirage.
(d) Southern broad.
5. What character in "The Fountainhead" did Florence attempt to emulate?
(a) Jessalyn Florence.
(b) Howard Roark.
(c) James Perry.
(d) Dominique Francon.
6. Where did Herb and Mama set up their first home in Chapter 2?
(a) Jameston Ave.
(b) Park Road.
(c) 14th Street.
(d) 17th Street.
7. What did Granny have Florence accompany her and Jensy attend on in Chapter 5?
(a) Political protests.
(b) Temporal acts of mercy.
(c) Weddings and balls.
(d) War marches.
8. What is the name of the junior high school Florence attended?
(a) Williams Jr. High.
(b) Maxwell Jr. High.
(c) Powell Jr. High.
(d) Central Jr. High.
9. Who did Evelyn Cunningham fall in love with at first sight in Chapter 1?
(a) Anderson King.
(b) Larry Smith.
(c) Herbert King.
(d) Preston Hunt.
10. When was "The Fountainhead" published?
11. What did Herb refer to Granny's stories of female problems?
(a) The Illiad.
(b) The Ovariad.
(c) The Karmata.
(d) The Droll.
12. Who did Evelyn Cunningham live with in Chapter 1?
(a) Aunt Jessalyn Smith.
(b) Aunt Sara Smith.
(c) Aunt Nana Fairbanks.
(d) Aunt Jessie Fairbanks.
13. Who moved into the maid's apartment when Granny inherited a house in Chapter 7?
14. How many bedrooms did the apartment have which Herb signed a lease on after Florence's family was evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
15. Florence's grandmother gave her an article from "Daughters" magazine about how God fashioned the Southern girl from all the wonders of His creation in celebration of what?
(a) Her first date.
(b) Her college acceptance.
(c) Her first job.
(d) Her first menstruation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Fountainhead"?
2. What was the name of Florence's Mama's father?
3. Who was the only man who was immune to Evelyn Cunningham's charms in Chapter 1?
4. Why was Florence's family evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
5. In what year was Florence's family evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)