|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Herb and Mama set up their first home in Chapter 2?
(a) 14th Street.
(b) Jameston Ave.
(c) Park Road.
(d) 17th Street.
2. What grade did Florence skip because of her grades in Chapter 5?
(a) Kindergarten B.
3. Who became Florence's new teacher in 3B in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Ogilvy.
(b) Mrs. Otter.
(c) Miss Ballinger.
(d) Miss Tanner.
4. When was "The Fountainhead" published?
5. What refers to a young lady from an aristocratic or upper class family who has reached the age of maturity, and as a new adult, is introduced to society at a formal "début" presentation?
6. In what year was Florence King born?
7. Where did the ambulance take Evelyn to a hospital in Chapter 4?
(b) New Rochelle.
8. How often did the house cleaner come to clean Mama's house in Chapter 2?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
9. Where did Herb sign a lease on an apartment after Florence's family was evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
(a) 90 Marks Ave.
(b) 1022 James.
(c) 1020 Monroe.
(d) 1230 14th Street.
10. What did Florence's junior high school become a school for a year after she began attending?
(a) Black children.
(b) Business college.
(c) Young boys.
(d) Young girls.
11. On what days of the week did Herb work at his new job in Chapter 7?
(b) Thursdays and Fridays.
(d) Mondays and Tuesdays.
12. What is the name of the junior high school Florence attended?
(a) Central Jr. High.
(b) Powell Jr. High.
(c) Maxwell Jr. High.
(d) Williams Jr. High.
13. Where did Florence's family vacation with their extended family in Chapter 4?
(a) St. Paul, MN.
(b) Corpus Cristi.
(d) Colonial Beach.
14. What did Granny have Florence accompany her and Jensy attend on in Chapter 5?
(a) War marches.
(b) Political protests.
(c) Weddings and balls.
(d) Temporal acts of mercy.
15. In what grade did Florence begin studying French?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Florence's family evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
2. Where did Herb finally secure a job in Chapter 7?
3. Granny began training Florence to be a lady with what, which they practiced in bed in Chapter 3?
4. Whose Biblical theology was "enervated by her superiority complex," as noted by the author in Chapter 3?
5. Who wrote "The Fountainhead"?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)