|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Florence make for Herb's birthday in Chapter 4?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A drawing.
2. What genre of literature is "Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady"?
(a) Roman a clef.
(b) Speculative fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
3. What speech pattern was Florence confounded by amongst the women at her graduate school?
(a) Speaking in tongues.
(c) Speaking in constant questions.
(d) Repeating themselves.
4. What university did Florence attend for her undergraduate degree?
(a) American University.
(b) University of Mississippi.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Jamestown University.
5. Where did Herb sign a lease on an apartment after Florence's family was evicted from the apartment at Park Road?
(a) 1022 James.
(b) 90 Marks Ave.
(c) 1020 Monroe.
(d) 1230 14th Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florence want to write her thesis on in Chapter 13?
2. What did Mama do when Florence's teacher sent home remarks that Florence was unsociable in Chapter 5?
3. After Florence was born, Granny had her friends and neighbors bring her belongings for how long in Chapter 2?
4. What, in the original and strict sense is a woman of good family, analogous to the Latin generosus and generosa?
5. What was the name of Granny's son who died at a young age?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)