|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Marian litany originally approved when by Pope Sixtus V?
2. Where did Florence begin sleeping after outgrowing her crib in Chapter 3?
(a) With Granny on the sofa bed.
(b) With Herb in his room.
(c) With Granny in Mama's room.
(d) With Mama in her room.
3. Whose Biblical theology was "enervated by her superiority complex," as noted by the author in Chapter 3?
4. Who was the principal at Florence's school in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Jameson.
(b) Miss Tanner.
(c) Mr. Ballinger.
(d) Miss Ballinger.
5. What is a ray-finned fish known for its large size and fearsome appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Griselda marry in medieval folklore?
2. What, in the original and strict sense is a woman of good family, analogous to the Latin generosus and generosa?
3. In Chapter 7, Herb worked increasingly less, refusing to start his own band or solicit engagements from whom, as Granny suggested?
4. Under what pen name did Florence's first by-line appear in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 9, the college president welcomed the Class of what year?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)