|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
2. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
3. What feeling does this chapter express?
4. What do the water tanks face?
5. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony inherent within the character El Loco as well as his role throughout the book. What does he symbolize? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Aquarium of the Revolution mitigate Carlos's highly negative picture of Communism? Is it enough to make the reader believe that Communism has good points? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the effects of Communism, using either money or the Bosque as a lens through which to view those effects.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)