Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
3. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
4. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Carlos's assessment of the school of parrot fish as a miracle, in comparison with other miracles that he has witnessed in his life.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two symbols that signify unrelated concepts, and then, using your literary sensibilities, create some common ground between them based on the material you find in the book. Remember that symbols can carry many different levels of meaning and that you can espouse any position you are capable of defending.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail Carlos's complex relationship with his father. Why does he feel the way he does? Does Louis XVI deserve such a sentiment?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)