Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
3. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
4. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
Essay Topic 1
How does the Aquarium of the Revolution mitigate Carlos's highly negative picture of Communism? Is it enough to make the reader believe that Communism has good points? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of fear and risk-taking and how the two interact with each other in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Carlos's assessment of the school of parrot fish as a miracle, in comparison with other miracles that he has witnessed in his life.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)