Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
2. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
3. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
4. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
5. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
Discuss the irony inherent within the character El Loco as well as his role throughout the book. What does he symbolize? Why?
Choose two symbols that signify unrelated concepts, and then, using your literary sensibilities, create some common ground between them based on the material you find in the book. Remember that symbols can carry many different levels of meaning and that you can espouse any position you are capable of defending.
How does Fernando fit the archetype of the hero? What other characters in the book also seem like heroes, and how do they compare and contrast with Fernando?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)