Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
3. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
4. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between history and memory in this book. In your opinion, is this book more about Carlos's memories or more about history? Explain your thoughts, using as much detail from the text as you can remember.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Carlos's use of setting helps the reader visualize and experience the political events of the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between church and state in Communist Cuba, as described in this book?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)