|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
2. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
3. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
4. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
5. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
2. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
3. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
4. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
5. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
6. What is Ernesto's family history?
7. How does Louis XVI react to the angry lady in Chapter 34, and how does he feel afterward?
8. Describe the Aquarium of the Revolution.
9. Describe breadfruit.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Aquarium of the Revolution mitigate Carlos's highly negative picture of Communism? Is it enough to make the reader believe that Communism has good points? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony inherent within the character El Loco as well as his role throughout the book. What does he symbolize? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the personal and professional lives of Fidel.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)