|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
2. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
3. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
4. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
5. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a couple of minor characters, such as Inocencia or Pepito, and describe their reactions to Communism. How do they compare to the reactions of Carlos?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fernando fit the archetype of the hero? What other characters in the book also seem like heroes, and how do they compare and contrast with Fernando?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Aquarium of the Revolution mitigate Carlos's highly negative picture of Communism? Is it enough to make the reader believe that Communism has good points? Explain.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)