|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 37 discusses, with what object does Carlos work when he takes a summer job at Marie Antoinette's factory?
2. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
3. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
5. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Carlos's use of setting helps the reader visualize and experience the political events of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail Carlos's complex relationship with his father. Why does he feel the way he does? Does Louis XVI deserve such a sentiment?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carlos's use of Spanish words and phrases affect the overall tone and feel of the book? Does it add to or detract from his air of authority over the subject matter? Explain.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)