|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
3. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
4. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
5. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
3. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
4. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
5. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
6. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
7. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
8. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
9. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
10. What is Ernesto's family history?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the archetypal villains of the militia, Fidel, and Ernesto.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personal and professional lives of Fidel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Carlos's use of writing techniques to propel the plot forward quickly in the scene of his experiencing the gunfight in the park.
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)