|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(c) Louis XVI.
2. What feeling does this chapter express?
3. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(a) Louis XVI.
(c) His wife.
4. Who throws the final breadfruit?
5. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Aunt Lucía.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
2. According to Carlos, next to whom should Ernesto sit in heaven?
3. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
4. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
5. What does the Jamaican man sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
2. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
3. Describe Filo's situation in the auditorium, as Carlos relates in Chapter 29.
4. How does the breadfruit war end?
5. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
6. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
7. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
8. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
9. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
10. Describe Addison's backyard.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)