|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(d) Math skills.
2. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
(d) Marie Antoinette.
3. Who has an empty pool under his house?
(b) Uncle Amado.
(c) Ernesto's birth parents.
(d) Louis XVI.
4. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
(b) Sea anemone.
(d) Parrot fish.
5. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
2. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
3. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
4. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
5. How many children are eventually exiled from Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
2. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
3. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
4. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
5. Describe Filo's situation in the auditorium, as Carlos relates in Chapter 29.
6. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
7. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
8. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
9. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
10. What is Ernesto's family history?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)