|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) His grandfather Amador.
2. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) Aunt Carmela's house.
(b) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
(c) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(d) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
3. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A parrot fish.
(b) A flounder.
(c) A blowfish.
(d) A shark.
4. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A piece of gum.
(b) A hot dog.
(c) A Coca-Cola.
(d) A milkshake.
5. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
(c) Sea anemone.
(d) Parrot fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the final breadfruit?
2. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
3. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
4. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
5. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
2. Describe the Aquarium of the Revolution.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
4. According to Chapter 27, how would Plato have reacted to Carlos's female teacher? How would Kant have reacted?
5. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
6. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
7. Describe Filo's situation in the auditorium, as Carlos relates in Chapter 29.
8. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
9. Describe Addison's backyard.
10. Describe breadfruit.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)