|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
(b) Marie Antoinette's.
(c) Aunt Lucía's.
(d) El Loco's.
2. As Carlos notes in Chapter 34, who would have called the boys' peashooting incident an act of "caritas"?
(a) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Augustine.
(d) Saint Jerome.
3. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
4. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
5. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
(a) He reads books.
(b) He watches movies.
(c) He plays baseball.
(d) He plays soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
2. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
3. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
4. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
5. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
2. According to Chapter 27, how would Plato have reacted to Carlos's female teacher? How would Kant have reacted?
3. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
4. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
5. Describe Carlos's first death.
6. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
7. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
8. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
9. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
10. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)