|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
(a) "Spoiled brats."
(d) "Pampered boys."
2. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
3. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(b) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(c) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
(d) Aunt Carmela's house.
4. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
5. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Eugenio's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
2. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
4. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
5. With what does the villain in Chapter 32 threaten to assault Carlos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis XVI react to the angry lady in Chapter 34, and how does he feel afterward?
2. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
3. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
4. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
5. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
6. Describe the "niños bitongos."
7. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
8. Describe Carlos's first death.
9. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
10. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)