|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
2. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(a) Hot dogs.
3. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
4. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
5. What is the name of Carlos's best friend in Chapter 27?
(d) María Josefa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
2. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
3. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
4. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
5. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
2. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
3. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
4. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
5. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
6. Describe Addison's backyard.
7. Describe the young man who accosts Carlos and Jorge in Chapter 32.
8. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
9. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
10. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)