|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
2. In Chapter 35, what does Carlos call the oceanic event he is witnessing?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A fluke.
(c) A hoax.
(d) A phenomenon.
3. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(d) Math skills.
4. What is the most noticeable thing about the woman mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 34?
(a) Her rear end.
(b) Her hat.
(c) The color of her shirt.
(d) Her large feet.
5. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
(b) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(c) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(d) Aunt Carmela's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
2. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
3. Who creates the cheer that makes fun of the young Revolutionary soldiers?
4. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
5. What is the name of Carlos's best friend in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
2. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
3. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
4. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
5. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
6. Describe the young man who accosts Carlos and Jorge in Chapter 32.
7. How does the breadfruit war end?
8. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
9. Describe Addison's backyard.
10. Describe the "niños bitongos."
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)