|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children are involved in the breadfruit fight?
2. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(a) Louis XVI.
3. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(b) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
(c) Aunt Carmela's house.
(d) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
4. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(c) Math skills.
5. According to Carlos, next to whom should Ernesto sit in heaven?
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Mel Blanc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
2. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
3. What is the most noticeable thing about the woman mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 34?
4. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
5. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
2. What is Ernesto's family history?
3. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
4. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
5. Describe breadfruit.
6. Describe the young man who accosts Carlos and Jorge in Chapter 32.
7. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
8. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
9. Describe the "niños bitongos."
10. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)