|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
2. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
(a) Armies marching through the street.
(c) An alarm clock.
3. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
(a) Junior Axmen.
(b) Los Communistas Militantes.
(c) Communist Youth.
4. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
5. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes the children in Chapter 29?
2. What aspect of breadfruit does Carlos most appreciate?
3. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
4. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
5. What feeling does this chapter express?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
2. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
3. Describe the young man who accosts Carlos and Jorge in Chapter 32.
4. Describe breadfruit.
5. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
6. How does the breadfruit war end?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
8. According to Chapter 27, how would Plato have reacted to Carlos's female teacher? How would Kant have reacted?
9. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
10. Describe the "niños bitongos."
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)