|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
(b) His grandfather Amador.
(c) Louis XVI.
2. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(b) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(c) Aunt Carmela's house.
(d) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
3. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(b) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
(c) Seeing Fidel.
4. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
5. What sound is present in Carlos's dreams in the opening of Chapter 29?
(b) Air raid sirens.
(c) Barking dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
2. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
3. Who throws the final breadfruit?
4. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
5. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
2. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
3. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
4. Describe Carlos's first death.
5. Describe breadfruit.
6. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
7. How does El Loco become the hero of Chapter 32?
8. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
9. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
10. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)