|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does this chapter express?
2. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
3. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Vegetable soup.
(d) Orange juice.
4. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
5. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
2. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
3. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
4. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
5. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Carlos's first death.
2. According to Chapter 27, how would Plato have reacted to Carlos's female teacher? How would Kant have reacted?
3. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
4. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
5. What is Ernesto's family history?
6. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
8. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
9. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
10. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)