|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A flounder.
(b) A shark.
(c) A blowfish.
(d) A parrot fish.
2. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
3. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A diary.
(b) A sapphire ring.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A string of pearls.
4. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
5. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
(a) John Glenn.
(b) Buzz Aldrin.
(c) Yuri Gagarin.
(d) Neil Armstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
2. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
3. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
4. What aspect of breadfruit does Carlos most appreciate?
5. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ernesto's family history?
2. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
3. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
4. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
5. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
6. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
7. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
8. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
9. How does the breadfruit war end?
10. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)