|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
2. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Exotic milkshakes.
3. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) His grandfather Amador.
4. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(d) Louis XVI.
5. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(b) Aunt Carmela's house.
(c) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(d) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos describe as his first death?
2. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
3. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ernesto's family history?
2. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
4. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
5. Describe Addison's backyard.
6. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
7. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
8. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
9. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
10. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)