|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Carlos's school close?
(a) December 1958.
(b) July 1964.
(c) September 1962.
(d) April 1961.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
3. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
4. What is the most noticeable thing about the woman mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 34?
(a) Her large feet.
(b) The color of her shirt.
(c) Her rear end.
(d) Her hat.
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos describe as his first death?
(a) Being bitten by a scorpion.
(b) Realizing that his father prefers Ernesto.
(c) Being abused by Ernesto.
(d) Leaving Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
2. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
3. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
4. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
5. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis XVI react to the angry lady in Chapter 34, and how does he feel afterward?
2. Describe the Aquarium of the Revolution.
3. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
4. How does El Loco become the hero of Chapter 32?
5. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
7. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
8. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
9. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
10. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)