|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
(a) Aunt Lucía's.
(c) Marie Antoinette's.
(d) El Loco's.
2. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Exotic milkshakes.
3. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
4. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A parrot fish.
(b) A shark.
(c) A flounder.
(d) A blowfish.
5. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
(a) The ocean.
(c) The runway at the airport.
(d) The runoff from a hard rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
2. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
3. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
4. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
5. What aspect of the breadfruit "[speaks] of swamps, ooze, eggs and sperm, and infinite reproduction"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)