|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
2. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(b) Bag of bones.
3. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) Armies marching through the street.
4. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
5. In Chapter 35, what does Carlos call the oceanic event he is witnessing?
(a) A hoax.
(b) A fluke.
(c) A phenomenon.
(d) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children's acquaintances eats breadfruit voluntarily?
2. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
3. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
4. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
5. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Addison's backyard.
2. What happens at Carlos's co-ed school when someone finds out that a certain boy likes a certain girl?
3. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
4. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
5. How does El Loco become the hero of Chapter 32?
6. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
8. According to Chapter 27, how would Plato have reacted to Carlos's female teacher? How would Kant have reacted?
9. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
10. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)