|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what character does this chapter focus?
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Louis XVI.
2. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
(a) The Platonists.
(b) Meister Eckhart.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
3. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Old newspapers.
(c) Old tires.
(d) Aluminum siding.
4. When does Carlos's school close?
(a) September 1962.
(b) December 1958.
(c) April 1961.
(d) July 1964.
5. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 3-1/2 years.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
2. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
3. What does Carlos do on the morning of the day he leaves Cuba?
4. What do the water tanks face?
5. Who always wears a tuxedo, cape, and top hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos feel now as an adult about the time when he killed many lizards?
2. Describe Carlos's first death.
3. What is Ernesto's family history?
4. Describe Addison's backyard.
5. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
6. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
7. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
8. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
9. Describe the young man who accosts Carlos and Jorge in Chapter 32.
10. Describe Filo's situation in the auditorium, as Carlos relates in Chapter 29.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)