|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3-1/2 years.
2. According to Carlos, next to whom should Ernesto sit in heaven?
(a) Mel Blanc.
(c) Thomas Aquinas.
3. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
4. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(a) Aunt Lily.
(c) Aunt Carmela.
5. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(b) Louis XVI.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
2. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
3. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
4. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
5. Who takes the passport photos for Carlos and Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does El Loco become the hero of Chapter 32?
2. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
3. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
4. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
5. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
6. Describe Carlos's first death.
7. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
8. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
9. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
10. Describe Addison's backyard.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)