|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
(c) The Platonists.
(d) Meister Eckhart.
2. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
3. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Old newspapers.
(b) Aluminum siding.
(c) Old tires.
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(c) Math skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
2. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
3. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
4. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
5. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
2. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
3. Describe Addison's backyard.
4. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
5. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
6. How does the breadfruit war end?
7. As discussed in Chapter 37, why does Carlos feel shame about his upbringing?
8. Describe the "niños bitongos."
9. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
10. Describe the Communist propaganda that Carlos hears in Chapter 38.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)