|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(c) Hot dogs.
2. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
(a) Sea anemone.
(b) Parrot fish.
3. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
(a) El Loco.
4. Who takes the passport photos for Carlos and Tony?
(a) Puentes Pi.
(b) Torso Lady.
(d) The Jamaican man.
5. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(a) His wife.
(b) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
2. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
3. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
4. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
5. Which of the children's acquaintances eats breadfruit voluntarily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fidel's milk consumption in Chapter 36 significant?
2. How does the breadfruit war end?
3. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
4. Describe Addison's backyard.
5. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
6. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
7. How does El Loco become the hero of Chapter 32?
8. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
9. Describe the "niños bitongos."
10. What does Carlos imagine the diving board telling him to do, and why?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)