|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
2. What feeling does this chapter express?
3. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3-1/2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 7 years.
4. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
(a) Small pieces of potato.
(c) Dried peas.
5. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
2. On what character does this chapter focus?
3. As Carlos notes in Chapter 34, who would have called the boys' peashooting incident an act of "caritas"?
4. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
5. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulties does Marie Antoinette face before she can find the boys in the United States?
2. Describe Addison's backyard.
3. How does Carlos feel about Lou and Norma Chait?
4. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
5. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
6. Why does Carlos want to request a Coke as his first act in the United States?
7. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
8. How does Louis XVI react to the angry lady in Chapter 34, and how does he feel afterward?
9. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
10. How does the breadfruit war end?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)