|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fernando's father's name?
2. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Juan José.
(b) Brother Francis.
(c) Brother Néstor María.
(d) Brother Ignatius.
3. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
4. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
5. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(b) A Hapsburg.
(d) A Bourbon princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carlos's father's profession?
2. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
3. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
4. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
5. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
2. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
3. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
4. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
5. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
6. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
7. Describe Havana on New Year's Eve, as portrayed in Chapter 1. What has happened to affect the city this way?
8. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
9. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
10. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)