|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys throw at each other in Chapter 15?
2. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
(a) By a firing squad after the militia stops the car.
(b) Of pneumonia.
(c) Of old age.
(d) In the Bay of Pigs invasion.
3. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A walnut.
(d) A breadfruit.
4. Who kisses Carlos and leaves a lipstick smudge on his cheek in Chapter 6?
(b) The maid Inocencia.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
5. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
2. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
4. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
5. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
2. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
3. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
4. How do Cubans relate to a statue of Saint Lazarus, and what connection does Carlos have with one?
5. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
6. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
7. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
8. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
9. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
10. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)