|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Saint Jerome.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Saint Francis.
2. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(b) Red wine.
3. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) My Three Sons.
(b) Leave It to Beaver.
(c) Rin Tin Tin.
4. Who unexpectedly hugs Carlos in Chapter 7?
(c) A bear cub.
(d) A chimpanzee.
5. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
(a) Thick black smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
2. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
3. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
4. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
Short Essay Questions
1. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
2. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
3. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
4. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
5. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
6. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
7. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
8. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
9. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
10. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)