|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the co-ed school to which Carlos transfers?
(a) Colegio del Salvador.
(b) Colegio del Pantocrator.
(c) La Universidad del Norte.
(d) La Escuela Santa María.
2. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(a) Red wine.
3. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
4. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(b) Postal workers.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Street vendors.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
2. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
3. What is a paredón?
4. In which city does chapter 21 open?
5. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
2. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
3. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
4. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
5. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
6. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
7. Explain what happens when people begin to shout "paredón."
8. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
9. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
10. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)