|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "Do you want a drink?"
(b) "What time is it?"
(c) "Got any bullets?"
(d) "How are you?"
2. From what country did the ancestors of Carlos's mother come?
3. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
4. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
5. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(d) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
2. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
4. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
5. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes the peashooters and out of which material, and why do the boys use peas?
2. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
3. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
4. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
5. Describe Filo's situation in the auditorium, as Carlos relates in Chapter 29.
6. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
7. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
8. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
9. According to Chapter 31, what happens when Carlos is swimming in Minnesota?
10. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)