|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(d) Fire ants.
2. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
(a) The children's mothers.
(b) A clown.
(c) A balloon artist.
(d) The priest.
3. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) In a car door.
(d) In a hat that is too small.
4. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
5. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
(a) Keys to the pantheon.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) A new suit.
(d) Keys to the family car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
2. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
3. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
4. Who runs the school called La Salle del Vedado?
5. In which city does chapter 21 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
2. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
3. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
4. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
5. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
6. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
7. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
8. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
9. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
10. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)