|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carlos's father's profession?
(b) Police officer.
2. What is a paredón?
(a) A wall.
(b) A type of cart.
(c) A lunatic.
(d) A cry for help.
3. From what country did the ancestors of Carlos's mother come?
4. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
(a) Keys to the family car.
(b) A new suit.
(c) Keys to the pantheon.
(d) Driving lessons.
5. What is Fernando's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
2. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
3. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
4. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
5. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
2. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
3. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
4. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
5. Describe the incident in which the boys try to send something into orbit.
6. How do Cubans relate to a statue of Saint Lazarus, and what connection does Carlos have with one?
7. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
8. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
9. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
10. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)