|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fernando's father's name?
2. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(d) Heart attack.
3. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
4. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(c) Iron Man.
(d) Elastic Man.
5. As discussed in Chapter 26, what is in the trunk of the car Carlos is envisioning?
(b) Hard-boiled eggs.
(c) Birthday balloons.
(d) Anti-Communist propaganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Carlos's father die?
2. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
3. What is a paredón?
4. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
5. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
2. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
3. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
4. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
5. Describe the incident in which the boys try to send something into orbit.
6. Describe Havana on New Year's Eve, as portrayed in Chapter 1. What has happened to affect the city this way?
7. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
8. How do Cubans relate to a statue of Saint Lazarus, and what connection does Carlos have with one?
9. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
10. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)