|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) In a car door.
(d) In a hat that is too small.
2. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) Rin Tin Tin.
(b) My Three Sons.
(d) Leave It to Beaver.
3. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Cinema 11.
(b) The Rialto.
(c) The Roxy.
(d) Miramar Theater.
4. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(c) Saint Lazarus.
(d) Saint Sebastian.
5. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
2. What is the name of the beggar in Carlos's neighborhood?
3. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
4. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
5. What is Carlos's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
2. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
3. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
4. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
5. Where does Carlos see the Cuba-shaped clouds, and how does he feel about them?
6. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
7. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
8. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
9. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
10. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)