|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Eugenio's mother.
(d) Aunt Carmela.
2. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
(a) Meister Eckhart.
3. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
4. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
5. Where does Carlos work?
(a) A Mexican restaurant.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Hilton Hotel.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
3. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
4. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
5. What is Carlos's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
2. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
3. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
4. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
5. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
6. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
7. How do Cubans relate to a statue of Saint Lazarus, and what connection does Carlos have with one?
8. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
9. As discussed in Chapter 17, describe the Chinese man's profession.
10. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)