|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last place mentioned in Chapter 23?
(b) New England.
2. Who runs the school called La Salle del Vedado?
(b) The Christian Brothers.
(c) Fidel's regime.
3. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(a) "See you again soon, Father."
(c) "Thank you, Father."
(d) "God bless you, Father."
4. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Lighting firecrackers.
(b) Playing baseball.
(d) Body surfing.
5. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Postal workers.
(c) Street vendors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
2. What is the name of the co-ed school to which Carlos transfers?
3. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
4. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
5. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
2. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
3. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
4. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
5. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
6. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
7. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
8. Where does Carlos see the Cuba-shaped clouds, and how does he feel about them?
9. How do Cubans relate to a statue of Saint Lazarus, and what connection does Carlos have with one?
10. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)