|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "cocuyos" mean?
2. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) No time.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Three hours.
3. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Mel Brooks.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Mel Blanc.
4. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) New York.
(d) San Juan.
5. What is Fernando's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
2. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
3. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
4. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 28, who are the Pioneers and what do they stand for?
2. How do Carlos and his grandfather react to the Communist propaganda in Chapter 38?
3. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
4. What is Ernesto's family history?
5. Describe the Aquarium of the Revolution.
6. How does Louis XVI react to the angry lady in Chapter 34, and how does he feel afterward?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 30, why does Carlos say, "Another day in Limbo"?
8. What does Carlos report that Ernest did to him?
9. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
10. Describe Carlos's first death.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)