|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Doris Day.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Kim Novak.
2. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Miramar Theater.
(b) Cinema 11.
(c) The Roxy.
(d) The Rialto.
3. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
4. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
5. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
(d) Meister Eckhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos discusses which toys in the beginning of Chapter 25?
2. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
3. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
4. Where was Fernando born?
5. Who kisses Carlos and leaves a lipstick smudge on his cheek in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see <i>20,000 Leagues Under the Sea</i>?
2. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
3. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
4. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
5. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
6. Describe the "niños bitongos."
7. According to Chapter 28, for what is Carlos's uncle Mario almost imprisoned?
8. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
9. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
10. Describe breadfruit.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)