|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) In the Bay of Pigs invasion.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) By a firing squad after the militia stops the car.
2. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
(b) Meister Eckhart.
3. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A breadfruit.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A walnut.
(d) A baseball.
4. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
5. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
(a) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beggar in Carlos's neighborhood?
2. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
3. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
4. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
5. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
2. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
3. Describe Addison's backyard.
4. Describe the event that Carlos dreams of as thunder in Chapter 29.
5. Describe the miraculous event that Carlos witnesses in Chapter 35.
6. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
7. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
8. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
9. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
10. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)