|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Juan José.
(b) Brother Francis.
(c) Brother Ignatius.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
2. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Lazarus.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(d) Saint Sebastian.
3. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(a) Vanilla milkshakes.
4. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Mel Brooks.
(c) Mel Blanc.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
5. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(c) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
2. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
4. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
5. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident in which the boys try to send something into orbit.
2. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
3. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
4. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
5. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
6. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
7. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
8. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
9. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
10. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)