|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
(a) Of pneumonia.
(b) By a firing squad after the militia stops the car.
(c) Of old age.
(d) In the Bay of Pigs invasion.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(b) El Rojo.
(c) El Loco.
3. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(c) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
4. What is the name of the co-ed school to which Carlos transfers?
(a) La Escuela Santa María.
(b) Colegio del Pantocrator.
(c) La Universidad del Norte.
(d) Colegio del Salvador.
5. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Sebastian.
(c) Saint Lazarus.
(d) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
2. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
3. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
4. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
5. In which city does chapter 21 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
2. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
3. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
4. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
5. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
6. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
7. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
8. Describe Havana on New Year's Eve, as portrayed in Chapter 1. What has happened to affect the city this way?
9. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
10. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)