|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Fire ants.
(b) Japanese beetles.
2. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Mary Magdalen.
3. What is the last place mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) New England.
4. As discussed in Chapter 26, what is in the trunk of the car Carlos is envisioning?
(a) Birthday balloons.
(b) Anti-Communist propaganda.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs.
5. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
(b) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
2. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
3. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
4. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
5. In which city does chapter 21 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
2. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
3. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
4. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
5. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
6. Why does Carlos wish he could have been a Viking?
7. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
8. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
9. What are the instructions that come with receiving a key to the family pantheon?
10. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)