|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) San Juan.
(b) New York.
2. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Mary Magdalen.
3. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Lighting firecrackers.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Body surfing.
4. Who unexpectedly hugs Carlos in Chapter 7?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(d) A bear cub.
5. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Quinn.
(b) Dr. Portilla.
(c) Dr. Montoya.
(d) Dr. Lázaro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
2. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
3. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
4. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
5. What is a paredón?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
2. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
3. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
4. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
5. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
6. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
7. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
8. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
9. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
10. As discussed in Chapter 17, describe the Chinese man's profession.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)