|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
2. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
3. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) The Passion of the Christ.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) The Godfather.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
4. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(c) Fire ants.
5. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Body surfing.
(c) Lighting firecrackers.
(d) Playing baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beggar in Carlos's neighborhood?
2. What is Eugenio's nickname?
3. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
5. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
2. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
3. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
4. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
5. Describe Havana on New Year's Eve, as portrayed in Chapter 1. What has happened to affect the city this way?
6. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
7. Explain what happens when people begin to shout "paredón."
8. Why does Louis XVI wish he could have afforded to be Pilate in the church murals?
9. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
10. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)