|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
(b) Dairy Freeze.
(d) Dairy Queen.
2. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
(a) The children's mothers.
(b) A balloon artist.
(c) A clown.
(d) The priest.
3. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(b) The Godfather.
(c) The Passion of the Christ.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
4. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
(a) Queen of Outer Space.
(c) Some Like It Hot.
(d) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
5. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
2. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
4. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
5. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
2. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
3. In Chapter 20, how does Louis XVI deal with the man at the door?
4. With regard to Fernando's prison term, what does "rehabilitation" mean?
5. Why is Carlos suddenly not allowed to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
6. How does Carlos feel about the poster he made in fourth grade?
7. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
8. Explain what happens when people begin to shout "paredón."
9. What is the significance of the mamey pit to Carlos?
10. According to Chapter 22, with what are the boys sick and how do they handle it?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)