|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) Miramar Theater.
(c) Cinema 8.
(d) The Tandy.
2. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(b) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
3. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Jerome.
4. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
(a) Whooping cough.
5. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Torso Lady.
(b) Candlestick Lady.
(c) Maria Theresa.
(d) Window Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
2. From what country did the ancestors of Carlos's mother come?
3. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
4. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
5. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain one of the lessons on hell that is described in Chapter 19.
2. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
3. How did Carlos's grandfather Amado die, and how old was he?
4. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
5. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
6. What happened to Carlos's great-great-grandmother Butrón-Múgicas?
7. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
8. What happens when the police stop Fernando's car in Chapter 26?
9. Explain the gift exchange between Carlos and Aunt Lucía that is discussed in Chapter 18.
10. Explain the concept of Gelassenheit.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)