|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Old tires.
(b) Old newspapers.
(c) Aluminum siding.
2. On what character does this chapter focus?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Louis XVI.
3. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
4. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A diary.
(b) A string of pearls.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A sapphire ring.
5. Who takes the passport photos for Carlos and Tony?
(a) Puentes Pi.
(b) The Jamaican man.
(c) Torso Lady.
6. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(b) Bag of bones.
7. What aspect of the breadfruit "[speaks] of swamps, ooze, eggs and sperm, and infinite reproduction"?
(a) The sound of its explosion.
(b) Its taste.
(c) Its smell.
(d) Its appearance.
8. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
9. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(d) Orange juice.
10. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A softball.
(b) A large apple.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A small melon.
11. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(b) Aunt Lily.
12. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
(c) "Spoiled brats."
(d) "Pampered boys."
13. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
(a) Intense mosquito bites.
(b) Sleep apnea.
(d) Night terrors.
14. As Chapter 37 discusses, with what object does Carlos work when he takes a summer job at Marie Antoinette's factory?
(c) Iron filings.
(d) Plastic tubing.
15. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
(d) El Loco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop does Addison grow in his mansion?
2. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
3. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)