|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of breadfruit does Carlos most appreciate?
(a) Its taste.
(b) Its explosive potential.
(c) The way it sounds when it falls from the tree.
(d) The way it looks.
2. With what does the villain in Chapter 32 threaten to assault Carlos?
(a) A pair of brass knuckles.
(b) A sharp pencil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
3. What sound is present in Carlos's dreams in the opening of Chapter 29?
(a) Barking dogs.
(c) Air raid sirens.
4. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
5. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
6. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
7. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) Armies marching through the street.
8. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(c) Aunt Carmela.
(d) Aunt Lily.
9. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Aluminum siding.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) Old tires.
10. What feeling does this chapter express?
11. What is the name of Carlos's best friend in Chapter 27?
(a) María Josefa.
12. Who always wears a tuxedo, cape, and top hat?
(a) La Dama del Alba.
(b) The Caballero de París.
(c) El Frecuentemente Borracho.
(d) El Loco.
13. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
14. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(c) His wife.
(d) Louis XVI.
15. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) The Jamaican man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes the children in Chapter 29?
2. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
3. What does the Jamaican man sell?
4. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
5. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)