|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(b) El Soldado.
(d) El Loco.
2. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
(b) Marie Antoinette's.
(c) El Loco's.
(d) Aunt Lucía's.
3. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
4. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(b) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
(d) Seeing Fidel.
5. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(b) Aluminum siding.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) Old tires.
6. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
7. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
8. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
9. What does Carlos do on the morning of the day he leaves Cuba?
(a) He writes a letter to his grandmother.
(b) He throws breadfruit at his friends.
(c) He roller skates.
(d) He visits the family pantheon.
10. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
(d) El Loco.
11. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(a) Louis XVI.
12. Who creates the cheer that makes fun of the young Revolutionary soldiers?
13. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(a) The Jamaican man.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
14. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
15. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(c) Bag of bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
2. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
3. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
4. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
5. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)