|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A string of pearls.
(c) A diary.
(d) A sapphire ring.
2. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
3. What do the water tanks face?
(a) Downtown Havana.
(b) The Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Downtown Miami.
(d) The Bay of Pigs.
4. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
(a) Junior Axmen.
(c) Communist Youth.
(d) Los Communistas Militantes.
5. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
6. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(a) El Loco.
(d) El Soldado.
7. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
8. As Chapter 37 discusses, with what object does Carlos work when he takes a summer job at Marie Antoinette's factory?
(c) Iron filings.
(d) Plastic tubing.
9. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
10. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
(a) Night terrors.
(b) Intense mosquito bites.
(c) Sleep apnea.
11. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
12. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
(a) The fishbowl.
(b) The wailing room.
(c) La quincena.
(d) Virgil's Place.
13. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
14. As Carlos notes in Chapter 34, who would have called the boys' peashooting incident an act of "caritas"?
(a) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Saint Augustine.
(c) Gregory the Great.
(d) Saint Jerome.
15. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
2. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
3. When does Carlos's school close?
4. Who throws the final breadfruit?
5. What does the Jamaican man sell?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)