|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the passport photos for Carlos and Tony?
(a) Puentes Pi.
(b) The Jamaican man.
(c) Torso Lady.
2. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(d) Math skills.
3. In Chapter 35, what does Carlos call the oceanic event he is witnessing?
(a) A phenomenon.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A hoax.
(d) A fluke.
4. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
5. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(b) Fidel Castro.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
6. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 3-1/2 years.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 months.
7. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
(a) Communist Youth.
(b) Junior Axmen.
(d) Los Communistas Militantes.
8. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
(a) Teaching a class.
9. What is accompanying the villain in Chapter 32?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lizard.
10. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(c) Aunt Lily.
(d) Aunt Carmela.
11. Which of the children's acquaintances eats breadfruit voluntarily?
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) The Jamaican man.
12. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
13. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(a) Seeing Fidel.
(c) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
14. Who wakes the children in Chapter 29?
(a) Louis XVI.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
15. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
(a) Dried peas.
(c) Small pieces of potato.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
2. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
3. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
4. What aspect of breadfruit does Carlos most appreciate?
5. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)