|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of breadfruit does Carlos most appreciate?
(a) The way it sounds when it falls from the tree.
(b) Its taste.
(c) Its explosive potential.
(d) The way it looks.
2. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
(a) El Loco.
3. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(b) Hot dogs.
4. How many children are eventually exiled from Cuba?
5. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
6. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Aunt Lucía.
7. What aspect of the breadfruit "[speaks] of swamps, ooze, eggs and sperm, and infinite reproduction"?
(a) Its smell.
(b) Its appearance.
(c) Its taste.
(d) The sound of its explosion.
8. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(b) Aunt Lily.
9. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
10. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
11. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
(a) John Glenn.
(b) Neil Armstrong.
(c) Buzz Aldrin.
(d) Yuri Gagarin.
12. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
13. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A softball.
(b) A golf ball.
(c) A small melon.
(d) A large apple.
14. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
(a) The smell of the chalkboard.
(b) The hair of the girl he liked.
(c) His penmanship lessons.
(d) The way the students disappeared.
15. What does Carlos do on the morning of the day he leaves Cuba?
(a) He throws breadfruit at his friends.
(b) He writes a letter to his grandmother.
(c) He visits the family pantheon.
(d) He roller skates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
2. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
3. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
4. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
5. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)