|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
(a) Chocolate pudding.
(b) Vegetable soup.
(c) Orange juice.
2. According to Carlos, next to whom should Ernesto sit in heaven?
(a) Mel Blanc.
(b) Thomas Aquinas.
3. According to Chapter 35, what "never shut[s] up about Ernesto"?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) The oceanic event.
(c) The diving board.
(d) Louis XVI.
4. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
(a) Night terrors.
(b) Sleep apnea.
(c) Intense mosquito bites.
5. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
6. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
7. In Chapter 35, what does Carlos call the oceanic event he is witnessing?
(a) A phenomenon.
(b) A hoax.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A fluke.
8. What aspect of the breadfruit "[speaks] of swamps, ooze, eggs and sperm, and infinite reproduction"?
(a) The sound of its explosion.
(b) Its taste.
(c) Its appearance.
(d) Its smell.
9. When does Carlos's school close?
(a) September 1962.
(b) December 1958.
(c) July 1964.
(d) April 1961.
10. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(b) Aunt Carmela.
(c) Aunt Lily.
11. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(c) Louis XVI.
12. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A blowfish.
(b) A flounder.
(c) A shark.
(d) A parrot fish.
13. What feeling does this chapter express?
14. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
(a) El Loco's.
(c) Marie Antoinette's.
(d) Aunt Lucía's.
15. Who has an empty pool under his house?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Ernesto's birth parents.
(d) Uncle Amado.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
2. What crop does Addison grow in his mansion?
3. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
4. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
5. How many children are eventually exiled from Cuba?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)