|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Fidel Castro.
2. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
(a) He plays soccer.
(b) He plays baseball.
(c) He reads books.
(d) He watches movies.
3. What aspect of the breadfruit "[speaks] of swamps, ooze, eggs and sperm, and infinite reproduction"?
(a) Its smell.
(b) The sound of its explosion.
(c) Its appearance.
(d) Its taste.
4. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
5. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A shark.
(b) A parrot fish.
(c) A flounder.
(d) A blowfish.
6. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
(b) Exotic milkshakes.
(c) Beautiful women.
7. What is the most noticeable thing about the woman mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 34?
(a) Her large feet.
(b) Her rear end.
(c) The color of her shirt.
(d) Her hat.
8. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(b) El Soldado.
(d) El Loco.
9. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
10. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
11. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(a) Seeing Fidel.
(d) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
12. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
13. How many children are involved in the breadfruit fight?
14. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(a) The Jamaican man.
(b) Aunt Lucía.
15. Who throws the final breadfruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
3. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
4. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
5. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)