|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos describe as his first death?
(a) Being abused by Ernesto.
(b) Realizing that his father prefers Ernesto.
(c) Leaving Cuba.
(d) Being bitten by a scorpion.
2. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
3. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
(a) The hair of the girl he liked.
(b) His penmanship lessons.
(c) The smell of the chalkboard.
(d) The way the students disappeared.
4. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(d) Bag of bones.
5. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
(a) Future Homemakers of America.
(c) Hitler Youth.
(d) Cub Scouts.
6. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
7. According to Chapter 35, what "never shut[s] up about Ernesto"?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) The oceanic event.
(d) The diving board.
8. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(a) Math skills.
9. Carlos wishes that what animal would eat Ernesto?
10. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
11. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
(b) Parrot fish.
(d) Sea anemone.
12. With what does the villain in Chapter 32 threaten to assault Carlos?
(a) A sharp pencil.
(b) A pair of brass knuckles.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
13. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
14. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
15. In Chapter 37, Carlos dreams of having a pool filled with what?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Chocolate pudding.
(c) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
2. What sound is present in Carlos's dreams in the opening of Chapter 29?
3. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
4. Who throws the final breadfruit?
5. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)