|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
2. What sound is present in Carlos's dreams in the opening of Chapter 29?
(b) Barking dogs.
(c) Air raid sirens.
3. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos describe as his first death?
(a) Being abused by Ernesto.
(b) Realizing that his father prefers Ernesto.
(c) Being bitten by a scorpion.
(d) Leaving Cuba.
4. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
(a) He plays baseball.
(b) He watches movies.
(c) He plays soccer.
(d) He reads books.
5. When does Carlos's school close?
(a) December 1958.
(b) September 1962.
(c) April 1961.
(d) July 1964.
6. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
7. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
8. Where is the pool that Carlos is observing in Chapter 31?
(a) The National Museum of Aquatic Life.
(b) Aunt Carmela's house.
(c) The Aquarium of the Revolution.
(d) The Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
9. How many children are involved in the breadfruit fight?
10. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
11. What crop does Addison grow in his mansion?
12. Carlos mentions in Chapter 27 that his beloved teacher told his mother he has the nicest what?
(a) Math skills.
13. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(c) Hot dogs.
14. What does Carlos do on the morning of the day he leaves Cuba?
(a) He roller skates.
(b) He visits the family pantheon.
(c) He writes a letter to his grandmother.
(d) He throws breadfruit at his friends.
15. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
2. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
3. Who has an empty pool under his house?
4. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
5. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)