|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is accompanying the villain in Chapter 32?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A cat.
(c) A chimpanzee.
(d) A dog.
2. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(a) El Soldado.
(b) El Loco.
3. Who creates the cheer that makes fun of the young Revolutionary soldiers?
4. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
5. On what character does this chapter focus?
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Louis XVI.
6. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
7. Who always wears a tuxedo, cape, and top hat?
(a) La Dama del Alba.
(b) The Caballero de París.
(c) El Loco.
(d) El Frecuentemente Borracho.
8. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A Coca-Cola.
(b) A hot dog.
(c) A piece of gum.
(d) A milkshake.
9. What do the water tanks face?
(a) Downtown Havana.
(b) Downtown Miami.
(c) The Bay of Pigs.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
10. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A sapphire ring.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A diary.
(d) A string of pearls.
11. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Old tires.
(c) Aluminum siding.
(d) Old newspapers.
12. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(c) Aunt Lily.
13. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
(b) The runoff from a hard rain.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The runway at the airport.
14. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(a) His wife.
(c) Louis XVI.
15. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(b) Bag of bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fidel's title?
2. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
3. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
4. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
5. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)