|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(d) The Jamaican man.
2. What does the woman in Chapter 34 call the boys?
3. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
4. Who wakes the children in Chapter 29?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Louis XVI.
5. What is the name of Carlos's best friend in Chapter 27?
(c) María Josefa.
6. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
7. What is Fidel's title?
(a) His Majesty the King.
(b) Mr. President.
(c) Maximum Leader.
(d) Comrade Castro.
8. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
9. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
10. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
11. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
(d) Louis XVI.
12. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(a) El Soldado.
(b) El Loco.
13. What crop does Addison grow in his mansion?
14. What is accompanying the villain in Chapter 32?
(a) A cat.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lizard.
15. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The runway at the airport.
(c) The runoff from a hard rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
2. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
3. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
4. As Chapter 37 discusses, with what object does Carlos work when he takes a summer job at Marie Antoinette's factory?
5. In Chapter 35, what does Carlos call the oceanic event he is witnessing?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)