|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A Coca-Cola.
(b) A hot dog.
(c) A milkshake.
(d) A piece of gum.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
3. What do the water tanks face?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Downtown Miami.
(c) Downtown Havana.
(d) The Bay of Pigs.
4. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A softball.
(b) A golf ball.
(c) A small melon.
(d) A large apple.
5. Who has an empty pool under his house?
(b) Ernesto's birth parents.
(c) Uncle Amado.
(d) Louis XVI.
6. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
(a) He reads books.
(b) He watches movies.
(c) He plays soccer.
(d) He plays baseball.
7. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
(d) Manta rays.
8. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A string of pearls.
(b) A diary.
(c) A sapphire ring.
(d) A fountain pen.
9. Who is "capable of poisoning [Carlos's] relationship with [his] father"?
(a) El Loco.
10. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(a) The Jamaican man.
(b) Aunt Lucía.
11. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(a) El Soldado.
(d) El Loco.
12. How many children are involved in the breadfruit fight?
13. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(a) Hot dogs.
14. How high is the cliff over which the boys and Louis XVI frequently go?
(a) Two hundred feet.
(b) Fifty feet.
(c) Fifteen feet.
(d) One hundred feet.
15. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
2. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
3. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
4. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
5. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)