|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Exotic milkshakes.
2. What does Carlos do on the morning of the day he leaves Cuba?
(a) He throws breadfruit at his friends.
(b) He writes a letter to his grandmother.
(c) He roller skates.
(d) He visits the family pantheon.
3. How many children are involved in the breadfruit fight?
4. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A hot dog.
(b) A Coca-Cola.
(c) A piece of gum.
(d) A milkshake.
5. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
6. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(c) Bag of bones.
7. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(a) Seeing Fidel.
(d) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
8. As Carlos notes in Chapter 34, who would have called the boys' peashooting incident an act of "caritas"?
(a) Saint Jerome.
(b) Saint Augustine.
(c) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Gregory the Great.
9. What does Fidel drink in Chapter 36?
10. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
11. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
12. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
(b) Armies marching through the street.
(d) An alarm clock.
13. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 40?
(a) Teaching a class.
14. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
15. Who throws the final breadfruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fidel as mentioned in Chapter 38, who is "evil"?
2. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
3. What does Carlos remember best from the year of school he discusses in Chapter 27?
4. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
5. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)