|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A large apple.
(b) A golf ball.
(c) A small melon.
(d) A softball.
3. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
4. What are the young Revolutionary soldiers-in-training called?
(a) Los Communistas Militantes.
(c) Communist Youth.
(d) Junior Axmen.
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A piece of gum.
(b) A Coca-Cola.
(c) A hot dog.
(d) A milkshake.
6. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
7. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(b) Hot dogs.
8. According to Chapter 30, who had been threatening to use voodoo against Carlos?
9. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
(a) The Platonists.
(c) Meister Eckhart.
(d) Thomas Aquinas.
10. What crop does Addison grow in his mansion?
11. Who creates the cheer that makes fun of the young Revolutionary soldiers?
12. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
13. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
(b) His grandfather Amador.
(c) Louis XVI.
14. According to Chapter 37, with what is Carlos's Havana "dotted"?
(a) Beautiful women.
(c) Exotic milkshakes.
15. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
2. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
3. Who is Marie Antoinette's companion during the events of Chapter 39?
4. What is the nickname for the place where the boys wait in the airport?
5. Which person would never have noticed Carlos's teacher at the co-ed school?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)