|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 36, who spends an evening with Fidel?
(b) Aunt Lily.
(d) Aunt Carmela.
3. Carlos states that after the incident related in Chapter 32, he became as "paranoid" as which character?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
4. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos plan to request when he reaches the United States?
(a) A piece of gum.
(b) A milkshake.
(c) A Coca-Cola.
(d) A hot dog.
5. Which of the children's acquaintances eats breadfruit voluntarily?
(a) The Jamaican man.
(c) Eugenio's mother.
6. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(b) Hot dogs.
7. On what character does this chapter focus?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Louis XVI.
8. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
(d) Manta rays.
9. What feeling does this chapter express?
10. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
11. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
12. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
(a) Cub Scouts.
(b) Future Homemakers of America.
(d) Hitler Youth.
13. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
14. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) His grandfather Amador.
15. Who has an empty pool under his house?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Ernesto's birth parents.
(d) Uncle Amado.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
2. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
3. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
4. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
5. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)