|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3-1/2 years.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 7 years.
2. What do the water tanks face?
(a) The Bay of Pigs.
(b) The Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Downtown Havana.
(d) Downtown Miami.
3. How is the weather in the beginning of Chapter 38?
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
6. What type of car is Louis XVI driving in Chapter 34?
7. Where does Carlos almost have to spend the night with a large crucifix, as discussed in Chapter 35?
8. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A blowfish.
(b) A parrot fish.
(c) A flounder.
(d) A shark.
9. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
10. To which organization do Tony and Carlos belong, until they realize it has too many rules?
(a) Future Homemakers of America.
(b) Hitler Youth.
(c) Cub Scouts.
11. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
12. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A softball.
(b) A large apple.
(c) A small melon.
(d) A golf ball.
13. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
14. What feeling does this chapter express?
15. What does the Jamaican man sell?
(c) Hot dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
2. Who creates the cheer that makes fun of the young Revolutionary soldiers?
3. By Chapter 35, which of Carlos's friends is already in the United States?
4. Who says that "evil [...] is the absence of good"?
5. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)