|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his speeches, what does Fidel call the children who are being exiled to the United States?
(a) "Spoiled brats."
(c) "Pampered boys."
2. What does Carlos experience at night in Chapter 30?
(a) Intense mosquito bites.
(b) Night terrors.
(d) Sleep apnea.
3. When describing the size of breadfruit, Carlos compares them to what?
(a) A large apple.
(b) A small melon.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A softball.
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. According to the reports of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in Chapter 29, who has been arrested?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(d) The Jamaican man.
6. What did Aunt Lily receive from her fiancé before he died?
(a) A sapphire ring.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A string of pearls.
(d) A diary.
7. Who always wears a tuxedo, cape, and top hat?
(a) La Dama del Alba.
(b) El Frecuentemente Borracho.
(c) El Loco.
(d) The Caballero de París.
8. Which astronaut does Carlos see in Chapter 38?
(a) Yuri Gagarin.
(b) Neil Armstrong.
(c) Buzz Aldrin.
(d) John Glenn.
9. In Chapter 38, what is described as "rivers of sludge"?
(a) The runway at the airport.
(b) The runoff from a hard rain.
(c) The ocean.
10. With whom does Carlos share his fear of sharks?
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) His wife.
11. Who catches Carlos and his friends taunting the young soldiers?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Eugenio's mother.
12. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
13. What does the sound in the beginning of Chapter 29 turn out to be?
(b) An alarm clock.
(d) Armies marching through the street.
14. What is the nickname of the pool man at the beach club to which Manuel and Rafael belong?
(a) El Soldado.
(b) El Loco.
15. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose screaming diverts the villain's attention in Chapter 32?
2. What is in the pool that Carlos is observing in the beginning of Chapter 31?
3. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
4. Who throws the final breadfruit?
5. In Chapter 40, what does Carlos describe as his first death?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)