|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only memory that Carlos is not able to repress through denial?
(b) Seeing Fidel.
(d) Louis XVI's preference of art over family.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 40, where does Carlos eventually meet his friend Rafa?
3. What is the oceanic event in Chapter 35?
(a) Parrot fish.
(b) Sea anemone.
4. As Chapter 39 opens, what is the crowd calling Marie Antoinette?
5. Who takes the passport photos for Carlos and Tony?
(a) Puentes Pi.
(b) The Jamaican man.
(c) Torso Lady.
6. What is the name of the family that temporarily adopts Carlos in Miami?
7. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
8. What do Carlos and his friends rescue in Chapter 31?
(a) A flounder.
(b) A shark.
(c) A parrot fish.
(d) A blowfish.
9. As Carlos notes in Chapter 34, who would have called the boys' peashooting incident an act of "caritas"?
(a) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Jerome.
(d) Saint Augustine.
10. How many women live in the beautiful house of which Chapter 36 speaks?
11. Which of Carlos's relatives always wears a white suit?
12. Approximately how old is the villain in Chapter 32?
13. How many lizards does Carlos kill in Chapter 39?
14. For what do Tony and Carlos search to exchange for pocket change?
(a) Aluminum siding.
(b) Old newspapers.
(c) Old tires.
15. What name does Carlos call Ernesto in Chapter ?
(d) Bag of bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uncle Amado's wife?
2. What is the place where Carlos lives mentally while he waits to be sent to the United States?
3. With whom does Carlos see Fidel in person, as discussed in Chapter 38?
4. In Chapter 32, who else is present while Carlos is talking with the villain?
5. What do the boys shoot through their blowguns?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)