Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "cocuyos" mean?
2. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) No time.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Three hours.
3. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Mel Brooks.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Mel Blanc.
4. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) New York.
(d) San Juan.
5. What is Fernando's father's name?
6. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
7. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Postal workers.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Street vendors.
8. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
(a) A balloon artist.
(b) The children's mothers.
(c) A clown.
(d) The priest.
9. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(c) Fire ants.
(d) Japanese beetles.
10. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
(a) At a Christmas tree farm.
(b) Under an oak tree.
(c) In the family mausoleum.
(d) In Cuba.
11. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Gregory the Great.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Jerome.
(d) Martin Luther.
12. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(a) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
13. What is the name of the co-ed school to which Carlos transfers?
(a) La Universidad del Norte.
(b) La Escuela Santa María.
(c) Colegio del Salvador.
(d) Colegio del Pantocrator.
14. Who is the first actor mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) Kirk Douglas.
(b) Michael Douglas.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
15. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Lazarus.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Sebastian.
(d) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the school called La Salle del Vedado?
2. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
3. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
4. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
5. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)