|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
(a) In Cuba.
(b) At a Christmas tree farm.
(c) In the family mausoleum.
(d) Under an oak tree.
2. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) One hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) No time.
(d) Three hours.
3. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
(a) Father Christmas.
(b) Papá Noel.
(d) Saint Nick.
4. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
5. What is Fernando's father's name?
6. What does "cocuyos" mean?
7. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Street vendors.
(b) Postal workers.
(d) Police officers.
8. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(b) "God bless you, Father."
(c) "Thank you, Father."
(d) "See you again soon, Father."
9. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(b) Saint Lazarus.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Sebastian.
10. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Kim Novak.
(d) Judy Garland.
11. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Francis.
(b) Brother Ignatius.
(c) Brother Juan José.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
12. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(b) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
13. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
14. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
(c) Dairy Freeze.
(d) Dairy Queen.
15. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) Lighting firecrackers.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Body surfing.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
2. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
3. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
4. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
5. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)