|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) In a hat that is too small.
(d) In a car door.
2. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
3. What is the last place mentioned in Chapter 23?
(d) New England.
4. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(b) Louis XVI.
5. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(b) Heart attack.
6. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) No time.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) One hour.
7. Carlos discusses which toys in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(b) Jigsaw puzzles.
(d) Matchbox cars.
8. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Mel Brooks.
(b) Mel Blanc.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Karl Marx.
9. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(a) Red wine.
10. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Fire ants.
(b) Japanese beetles.
11. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(b) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
12. Where was Fernando born?
(a) The United States.
13. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(b) Eugenio's mother.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
15. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(b) The Feast of Saint Anne.
(d) The Feast of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
2. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
3. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
4. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
5. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)