|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(c) Elastic Man.
(d) Iron Man.
2. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
3. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
4. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(a) Heart attack.
5. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(c) Vanilla milkshakes.
6. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Cinema 8.
(b) The Roxy.
(c) The Tandy.
(d) Miramar Theater.
7. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(c) Japanese beetles.
(d) Fire ants.
8. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) Under the sofa.
(b) In a pew.
(c) In a hat that is too small.
(d) In a car door.
9. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(c) Independence Day.
10. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
(a) In an English muffin.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the coffee stain on his favorite shirt.
(d) In an ink stain on his desk.
11. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A walnut.
(c) A breadfruit.
(d) A shoe.
12. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
13. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
14. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Jerome.
(d) Gregory the Great.
15. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
(a) Dairy Freeze.
(b) Dairy Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
3. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the jackpot in the Spanish lottery?
5. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)