|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
2. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
3. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(b) El Rojo.
(d) El Loco.
5. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(a) Louis XVI.
6. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Juan José.
(b) Brother Francis.
(c) Brother Ignatius.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
7. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Lázaro.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Portilla.
(d) Dr. Montoya.
8. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Japanese beetles.
(c) Fire ants.
9. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Body surfing.
(b) Playing baseball.
(d) Lighting firecrackers.
10. What does "cocuyos" mean?
11. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
12. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Saint Jerome.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Saint Francis.
13. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(b) Vanilla milkshakes.
14. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Judy Garland.
15. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Iron Man.
(d) Elastic Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
2. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
4. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
5. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)