|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carlos's father's profession?
(a) Police officer.
2. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(d) Louis XVI.
3. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
(a) A preying mantis.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A dog.
4. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "Got any bullets?"
(c) "Do you want a drink?"
(d) "What time is it?"
5. Where was Fernando born?
(d) The United States.
6. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
7. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a hat that is too small.
(b) Under the sofa.
(c) In a car door.
(d) In a pew.
8. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
9. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Ignatius.
(b) Brother Néstor María.
(c) Brother Francis.
(d) Brother Juan José.
10. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Doris Day.
11. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(b) Louis XVI.
12. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
13. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
(b) Louis XVI.
14. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
(a) Driving lessons.
(b) Keys to the family car.
(c) Keys to the pantheon.
(d) A new suit.
15. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
2. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
3. From what did Carlos's father die?
4. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
5. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)