|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Loco.
(b) El Desembarcado.
(c) El Alocado.
(d) El Roto.
2. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Mary Magdalen.
3. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) The Passion of the Christ.
(b) The Godfather.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
4. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
(b) Whooping cough.
5. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Sebastian.
(b) Saint Lazarus.
(c) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(d) Saint Francis.
6. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Kim Novak.
(b) Judy Garland.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
7. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) Aunt Lucía's.
(d) Aunt Carmela's.
8. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A bald eagle.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A dove.
9. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(d) Marie Antoinette.
10. Where was Fernando born?
(d) The United States.
11. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Candlestick Lady.
(b) Window Jesus.
(c) Torso Lady.
(d) Maria Theresa.
12. Who kisses Carlos and leaves a lipstick smudge on his cheek in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid Inocencia.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
13. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(d) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
14. Who is the first actor mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Kirk Douglas.
(d) Michael Douglas.
15. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
2. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
3. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
4. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
5. What is Carlos's father's profession?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)