|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
2. What is the name of the jackpot in the Spanish lottery?
(a) El Somnambulente.
(b) El Primer Piso.
(c) El Alto Grado.
(d) El Premio Gordo.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Fidel Castro.
4. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
5. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A dog.
(d) A preying mantis.
6. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "Do you want a drink?"
(b) "How are you?"
(c) "Got any bullets?"
(d) "What time is it?"
7. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
8. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
9. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A bald eagle.
10. Where was Fernando born?
(a) The United States.
11. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(b) Louis XVI.
12. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(b) Fire ants.
13. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(a) A Bourbon princess.
(d) A Hapsburg.
14. Carlos discusses which toys in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(b) Jigsaw puzzles.
(d) Matchbox cars.
15. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) The Tandy.
(c) Cinema 8.
(d) Miramar Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
2. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
3. Where does Carlos work?
4. What does "cocuyos" mean?
5. What is Eugenio's nickname?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)