|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys throw at each other in Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of the jackpot in the Spanish lottery?
(a) El Somnambulente.
(b) El Alto Grado.
(c) El Premio Gordo.
(d) El Primer Piso.
3. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Mel Blanc.
(c) Mel Brooks.
(d) Karl Marx.
4. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(c) Fire ants.
5. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "What time is it?"
(b) "Do you want a drink?"
(c) "How are you?"
(d) "Got any bullets?"
6. Who unexpectedly hugs Carlos in Chapter 7?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(d) A bear cub.
7. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
8. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
9. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
(a) Under an oak tree.
(b) At a Christmas tree farm.
(c) In Cuba.
(d) In the family mausoleum.
10. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
11. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Mary Magdalen.
12. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(a) "Thank you, Father."
(c) "See you again soon, Father."
(d) "God bless you, Father."
13. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) The Feast of Saint Anne.
(c) The Feast of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux.
14. Who is the first actor mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) Michael Douglas.
(b) Kirk Douglas.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
15. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Juan José.
(b) Brother Ignatius.
(c) Brother Francis.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
2. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
3. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
4. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
5. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)