|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) My Three Sons.
(b) Rin Tin Tin.
(d) Leave It to Beaver.
2. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(d) Marie Antoinette.
3. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
4. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Montoya.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Lázaro.
(d) Dr. Portilla.
5. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(b) A Bourbon princess.
(c) A Hapsburg.
6. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
7. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
8. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(b) Fire ants.
9. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(d) Heart attack.
10. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A bald eagle.
(d) A hawk.
11. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
12. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
(a) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
(b) Queen of Outer Space.
(c) Some Like It Hot.
13. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
14. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
15. From what did Carlos's father die?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
3. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
4. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
5. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)