|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) No time.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Half an hour.
2. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
3. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) Under the sofa.
(b) In a car door.
(c) In a hat that is too small.
(d) In a pew.
4. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
5. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) San Juan.
(c) New York.
6. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Maria Theresa.
(b) Torso Lady.
(c) Candlestick Lady.
(d) Window Jesus.
7. What is Fernando's father's name?
8. Where does Carlos work?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) A bar.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) A Mexican restaurant.
9. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(b) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
10. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
11. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(d) Independence Day.
12. How do most of the men who are in the car in Chapter 26 die?
(a) In the Bay of Pigs invasion.
(b) By a firing squad after the militia stops the car.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) Of old age.
13. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(b) A Bourbon princess.
(c) A Hapsburg.
14. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
(b) Thick black smoke.
15. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
(d) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
2. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
3. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
4. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
5. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)