|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
2. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(b) The Feast of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux.
(c) The Feast of Saint Anne.
3. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(c) Louis XVI.
4. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(c) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(c) El Loco.
(d) El Rojo.
6. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Ignatius.
(b) Brother Francis.
(c) Brother Juan José.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
7. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
(a) Dairy Queen.
(b) Dairy Freeze.
8. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(a) Red wine.
9. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) Miramar Theater.
(c) The Rialto.
(d) Cinema 11.
10. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
(a) Eugenio's mother.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Aunt Carmela.
11. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
12. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
13. What does "cocuyos" mean?
14. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
(a) In the family mausoleum.
(b) Under an oak tree.
(c) At a Christmas tree farm.
(d) In Cuba.
15. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
(d) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
2. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
3. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. In which city does chapter 21 open?
5. As discussed in Chapter 26, what is in the trunk of the car Carlos is envisioning?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)