|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
2. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(d) Louis XVI.
3. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
4. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Cinema 11.
(b) Miramar Theater.
(c) The Roxy.
(d) The Rialto.
5. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
6. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(b) Louis XVI.
(d) Mary Magdalen.
7. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) The Godfather.
(b) The Passion of the Christ.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
8. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
9. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
10. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Lazarus.
(c) Saint Sebastian.
(d) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
11. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
(c) Between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
12. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(b) New York City.
13. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(c) Heart attack.
14. From what did Carlos's father die?
(b) Heart disease.
15. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
2. Who runs the school called La Salle del Vedado?
3. What is the name of the beggar in Carlos's neighborhood?
4. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)