|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos get milkshakes in Havana?
(a) Dairy Queen.
(c) Dairy Freeze.
2. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Judy Garland.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Kim Novak.
4. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(b) New York City.
5. What is a paredón?
(a) A type of cart.
(b) A cry for help.
(c) A wall.
(d) A lunatic.
6. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
7. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
(a) Queen of Outer Space.
(c) Some Like It Hot.
(d) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
8. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
9. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(c) Saint Sebastian.
(d) Saint Lazarus.
10. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) In a car door.
(c) Under the sofa.
(d) In a hat that is too small.
11. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
12. What is the last place mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) New England.
13. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(d) Fire ants.
14. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A breadfruit.
(d) A walnut.
15. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Miramar Theater.
(b) The Roxy.
(c) The Rialto.
(d) Cinema 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
2. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
3. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
4. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
5. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)