|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Sebastian.
(b) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Lazarus.
2. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
(c) Whooping cough.
3. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Desembarcado.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Roto.
(d) El Alocado.
4. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) The Passion of the Christ.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) The Godfather.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
5. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
(b) Cinco de Mayo.
(d) New Year's.
6. What do the boys throw at each other in Chapter 15?
7. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
(c) Meister Eckhart.
8. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
9. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
10. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(a) Louis XVI.
11. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
12. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "What time is it?"
(c) "Got any bullets?"
(d) "Do you want a drink?"
13. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) Rin Tin Tin.
(b) My Three Sons.
(c) Leave It to Beaver.
14. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Rojo.
15. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(b) Postal workers.
(c) Street vendors.
(d) Police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
2. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
3. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
4. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)