|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
(a) A clown.
(b) A balloon artist.
(c) The priest.
(d) The children's mothers.
2. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
(b) Thick black smoke.
3. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(b) Vanilla milkshakes.
4. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) No time.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Half an hour.
5. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
(a) A preying mantis.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A dog.
6. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
7. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
(a) Saint Nick.
(b) Papá Noel.
(d) Father Christmas.
8. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Postal workers.
(b) Street vendors.
(d) Police officers.
9. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
(a) The Passion of the Christ.
(b) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Godfather.
10. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(c) Iron Man.
(d) Elastic Man.
11. Where was Fernando born?
(b) The United States.
12. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(d) Louis XVI.
13. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) Leave It to Beaver.
(b) My Three Sons.
(c) Rin Tin Tin.
14. What is Fernando's father's name?
15. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(a) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
2. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. According to the students in Chapter 4, where did Adam and Eve live?
4. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
5. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)