|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Jerome.
(d) Gregory the Great.
2. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) Body surfing.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Lighting firecrackers.
3. In Chapter 16, where does Carlos see the shape of Cuba?
(a) In an English muffin.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the coffee stain on his favorite shirt.
(d) In an ink stain on his desk.
4. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(b) Louis XVI.
(d) Mary Magdalen.
5. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Cinema 8.
(b) The Roxy.
(c) Miramar Theater.
(d) The Tandy.
6. As discussed in Chapter 26, what is in the trunk of the car Carlos is envisioning?
(a) Birthday balloons.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs.
(d) Anti-Communist propaganda.
7. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A bald eagle.
(c) A dove.
(d) A pigeon.
8. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
9. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Roto.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Alocado.
(d) El Desembarcado.
10. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Iron Man.
(b) Elastic Man.
11. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
12. Carlos discusses which toys in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(c) Jigsaw puzzles.
(d) Matchbox cars.
13. Who unexpectedly hugs Carlos in Chapter 7?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(d) A bear cub.
14. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
15. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(b) Vanilla milkshakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
2. What is Carlos's father's profession?
3. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
4. What is the name of the jackpot in the Spanish lottery?
5. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)