|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Ignatius.
(b) Brother Juan José.
(c) Brother Francis.
(d) Brother Néstor María.
2. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Mel Blanc.
(d) Mel Brooks.
3. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) New York.
(c) San Juan.
4. What is the name of the beggar in Carlos's neighborhood?
(a) El Loco.
(b) El Hombre.
(c) El Jabón.
(d) El Carpintero.
5. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
(b) Queen of Outer Space.
(c) Some Like It Hot.
(d) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
6. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Aunt Lucía's.
(b) Aunt Carmela's.
7. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(a) New York City.
8. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
(b) Louis XVI.
(c) Mary Magdalen.
9. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
10. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
11. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(b) Street vendors.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Postal workers.
12. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Japanese beetles.
(d) Fire ants.
13. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Playing baseball.
(b) Lighting firecrackers.
(c) Body surfing.
14. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) Rin Tin Tin.
(b) Leave It to Beaver.
(c) My Three Sons.
15. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(b) Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
2. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
3. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
4. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
5. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)