|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
2. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
(a) Aunt Lucía.
(c) Aunt Carmela.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
3. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(a) Red wine.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Fidel Castro.
5. Which character injures his hand with a firecracker in Chapter 8?
(d) Louis XVI.
6. Who unexpectedly hugs Carlos in Chapter 7?
(a) A bear cub.
(b) A chimpanzee.
7. What is the name of the jackpot in the Spanish lottery?
(a) El Somnambulente.
(b) El Alto Grado.
(c) El Primer Piso.
(d) El Premio Gordo.
8. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(b) A Hapsburg.
(c) A Bourbon princess.
9. How long does Carlos have to wait between eating lunch and going swimming?
(a) One hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) No time.
(d) Three hours.
10. Who is driving the car discussed in Chapter 26?
(c) Louis XVI.
11. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Desembarcado.
(b) El Roto.
(c) El Loco.
(d) El Alocado.
12. What is the name of the Nietos' family doctor?
(a) Dr. Lázaro.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Portilla.
(d) Dr. Montoya.
13. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(a) Fire ants.
14. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(d) Independence Day.
15. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) Cinema 11.
(c) Miramar Theater.
(d) The Rialto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Carlos visit in the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
3. From what did Carlos's father die?
4. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Carlos state he would like to be buried?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)