|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Carlos work?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) A bar.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) A Mexican restaurant.
3. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
4. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Saint Jerome.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Gregory the Great.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(b) El Rojo.
(d) El Loco.
6. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) In a car door.
(c) In a hat that is too small.
(d) Under the sofa.
7. What is Carlos's father's profession?
(b) Police officer.
8. Where was Fernando born?
(d) The United States.
9. Who runs the school called La Salle del Vedado?
(b) The Christian Brothers.
(c) Fidel's regime.
10. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Elastic Man.
(d) Iron Man.
11. What does "cocuyos" mean?
12. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Eugenio's mother.
(d) Aunt Lucía.
13. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Miramar Theater.
(b) The Roxy.
(c) The Rialto.
(d) Cinema 11.
14. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Lazarus.
(b) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Sebastian.
15. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "Got any bullets?"
(b) "How are you?"
(c) "Do you want a drink?"
(d) "What time is it?"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a magazine mentioned in Chapter 19, in what year is the world expected to end?
2. In which city does chapter 21 open?
3. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
4. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
5. As told in Chapter 25, what movie does Carlos see repeatedly?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)