|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
(a) Keys to the pantheon.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Keys to the family car.
(d) A new suit.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 7, what is the name of the chimp?
(a) El Rojo.
(c) El Loco.
3. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
4. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Body surfing.
(c) Lighting firecrackers.
(d) Playing baseball.
5. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
(a) Miramar Theater.
(b) The Rialto.
(c) The Roxy.
(d) Cinema 11.
6. In Chapter 11, where does young Carlos's head get stuck?
(a) In a pew.
(b) In a car door.
(c) In a hat that is too small.
(d) Under the sofa.
7. As mentioned in Chapter 22, Carlos's wife buys him a poster of which actress?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
8. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "Do you want a drink?"
(b) "Got any bullets?"
(c) "What time is it?"
(d) "How are you?"
9. Who is the first actor mentioned in Chapter 23?
(a) Michael Douglas.
(b) Kirk Douglas.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Clark Gable.
10. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Maria Theresa.
(b) Candlestick Lady.
(c) Window Jesus.
(d) Torso Lady.
11. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(b) The Feast of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux.
(d) The Feast of Saint Anne.
12. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A dove.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A bald eagle.
13. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(c) San Juan.
(d) New York.
14. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Iron Man.
(b) Elastic Man.
15. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
(a) A chimpanzee.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
(d) A preying mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. What movie makes Carlos suddenly like the idea of kissing a woman?
3. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
4. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
5. From what country did the ancestors of Carlos's mother come?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)