|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Japanese beetles.
(d) Fire ants.
2. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(d) New York City.
3. Who is the principal of Carlos's school?
(a) Brother Juan José.
(b) Brother Néstor María.
(c) Brother Ignatius.
(d) Brother Francis.
4. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
5. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Alocado.
(b) El Desembarcado.
(c) El Loco.
(d) El Roto.
6. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
7. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
8. Where was Fernando born?
(a) The United States.
9. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Elastic Man.
(d) Iron Man.
10. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(b) Louis XVI.
11. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(a) Independence Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
12. Who is invariably present at birthday parties?
(a) The children's mothers.
(b) The priest.
(c) A balloon artist.
(d) A clown.
13. Who developed the concept of Gelassenheit?
(d) Meister Eckhart.
14. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(a) "God bless you, Father."
(b) "Thank you, Father."
(d) "See you again soon, Father."
15. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
Short Answer Questions
1. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
2. Where does Carlos work?
3. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
4. From what did Carlos's father die?
5. What fruit does Carlos discuss at length in Chapter 25?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)