|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
2. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) Miramar Theater.
(c) Cinema 8.
(d) The Tandy.
3. On what does Carlos get drunk in Chapter 6?
(b) Red wine.
4. A diorama of which place fills Carlos's dining room?
5. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
(a) Aunt Carmela.
(b) Aunt Lucía.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
6. What animal do Carlos and his friends try to send into space?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A preying mantis.
(c) A chimpanzee.
(d) A dog.
7. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A bald eagle.
(b) A dove.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A hawk.
8. What does the Spanish word "cohetes" mean?
(c) Fire ants.
9. What is Eugenio's nickname?
(a) El Roto.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Alocado.
(d) El Desembarcado.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Fidel Castro.
11. Carlos discusses which toys in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Matchbox cars.
(c) Jigsaw puzzles.
12. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Maria Theresa.
(b) Torso Lady.
(c) Candlestick Lady.
(d) Window Jesus.
13. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
14. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Postal workers.
(b) Police officers.
(d) Street vendors.
15. When Aunt Lucía is dying in a nursing home, what does Carlos bring her?
(c) Vanilla milkshakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cinema has deplorable restrooms?
2. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
3. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
4. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
5. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)