|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carlos doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) Body surfing.
(c) Lighting firecrackers.
(d) Playing baseball.
2. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A breadfruit.
(b) A walnut.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A baseball.
3. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
4. Who loans Carlos her glasses in Chapter 19?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Aunt Lucía.
(d) Aunt Carmela.
5. Where does Carlos work?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
6. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(c) New York City.
7. As Carlos mentions in Chapter 9, who was the voice of Speedy Gonzalez?
(a) Mel Blanc.
(b) Mel Brooks.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Karl Marx.
8. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
9. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A bald eagle.
10. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Sebastian.
(c) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(d) Saint Lazarus.
11. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
12. What is the name of Fernando's cousin, the one who sets off bombs to act against Fidel's government?
13. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(c) Independence Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
14. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(a) Heart attack.
15. From what country did the ancestors of Carlos's mother come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "cocuyos" mean?
2. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
3. What does the Jeep mentioned in Chapter 5 spray?
4. What do the children of the Nieto family receive when they turn sixteen?
5. Which person in Carlos's church is the most adept at using a fan?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)