|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does Chapter 20 begin?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Independence Day.
2. What is the name of Carlos's youngest child?
3. According to Chapter 20, what type of cooking does Carlos find particularly horrifying?
4. What do the Cuban children call their birthday cakes?
5. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Window Jesus.
(b) Torso Lady.
(c) Candlestick Lady.
(d) Maria Theresa.
6. According to Chapter 4, which people always read dirty magazines?
(a) Postal workers.
(b) Police officers.
(d) Street vendors.
7. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(b) "God bless you, Father."
(c) "See you again soon, Father."
(d) "Thank you, Father."
8. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
(d) Heart attack.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 6, whom does Carlos imagine at the window?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
10. What do the boys throw at each other in Chapter 15?
11. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
12. Where was Fernando born?
(c) The United States.
13. What insects bite Rafa and Carlos in Chapter 5?
(a) Japanese beetles.
(b) Fire ants.
14. Where does Carlos work?
(a) The Hilton Hotel.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) A bar.
(d) A Mexican restaurant.
15. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(c) Marie Antoinette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
2. What is Eugenio's nickname?
3. How many men are in the car that Carlos is envisioning at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. What type of car does Carlos ride to school?
5. What is a paredón?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)