|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Spanish word for disillusionment?
2. What does Carlos say to the priest at the end of his confession?
(b) "God bless you, Father."
(c) "See you again soon, Father."
(d) "Thank you, Father."
3. Who kisses Carlos and leaves a lipstick smudge on his cheek in Chapter 6?
(b) The maid Inocencia.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Aunt Lucía.
4. According to Chapter 22, what does Carlos always ask the soldiers he sees?
(a) "Do you want a drink?"
(b) "Got any bullets?"
(c) "How are you?"
(d) "What time is it?"
5. A statue of which saint resides at Aunt Carmela's house?
(a) Saint Lazarus.
(b) Saint Therese of the Little Flower.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Sebastian.
6. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A breadfruit.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A walnut.
7. In which city does chapter 21 open?
(d) New York City.
8. What does "cocuyos" mean?
9. What is Carlos's father's profession?
(d) Police officer.
10. What is the name of Carlos's nanny?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
11. To what sin is Carlos especially prone, as described in Chapter 14?
12. Of what nationality is the hot dog man in Carlos's neighborhood?
13. In Chapter 11, who sits on Carlos's head?
(b) Louis XVI.
14. Who is the first villain in Carlos's dreams?
(a) Candlestick Lady.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Torso Lady.
(d) Window Jesus.
15. In which theater is Carlos watching a movie in the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Roxy.
(b) The Tandy.
(c) Miramar Theater.
(d) Cinema 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 26, what is in the trunk of the car Carlos is envisioning?
2. From what disease do Tony and Carlos suffer in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 22, what lands on Fidel's shoulder?
4. Who buys Carlos and Tony comic books each Wednesday?
5. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of death, according to Marie Antoinette?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)