Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Havana on New Year's Eve, as portrayed in Chapter 1. What has happened to affect the city this way?
2. In Chapter 2, who is the man who hides behind Marie Antoinette, and what happens to him?
3. How do Louis XVI's staff members treat him and his family? Why?
4. Summarize the contents of the Cuban history lesson the boys receive at the beginning of Chapter 4.
5. What is the game the boys play with the "pesticide Jeep"?
6. Describe what Carlos sees at the dining room window in Chapter 6.
7. According to Chapter 7, what happened to Cuba after Fidel came to power?
8. Describe the incident in which the boys try to send something into orbit.
9. Who is Mel Blanc, and how does Carlos feel about him?
10. What are the various Christmas traditions at the Nieto house, as described in Chapter 10?
11. Explain Carlos's third proof for the existence of God, as related in Chapter 11.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)