|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos do at the beautiful house?
(a) He plays baseball.
(b) He watches movies.
(c) He reads books.
(d) He plays soccer.
2. What holiday is the Nieto family celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) The Feast of Saint Anne.
(c) The Feast of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux.
3. With what do Carlos and Tony strike an eighteenth-century cup in the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A walnut.
(b) A breadfruit.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A baseball.
4. How much time passes before Marie Antoinette is about to meet her boys in the United States?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3-1/2 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. What is the name for counter-Revolutionaries, as mentioned in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos and Tony call Santa Claus?
2. From what country is Carlos's grandfather Nieto?
3. Which philosopher does Carlos despise?
4. According to Chapter 35, what is the name of the boy who becomes friends with a crucifix in a movie that Carlos has seen?
5. What is Carlos's father's profession?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)