Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. How old is Carlos in the anecdote with which chapter 1 opens?
2. Carlos notes in Chapter 1 that his Aunt Lucia had been what political figure in a previous life?
(b) A Bourbon princess.
(c) A Hapsburg.
3. What does Carlos see in Chapter 1 that reminds him of the maid's breasts?
4. What holiday is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
5. In Chapter 2, what television show does Tony mention?
(a) My Three Sons.
(b) Leave It to Beaver.
(c) Rin Tin Tin.
6. What is the only comic book that Carlos has taken on his outing in Chapter 2?
(a) Iron Man.
(d) Elastic Man.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. What city is described in the beginning of chapter 3?
(b) New York.
(c) San Juan.
8. What is Carlos's father's profession?
(b) Police officer.
9. Chapter 3 mentions whom as the translator of the Bible into Latin?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Jerome.
This section contains 3,196 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)