Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• The year is 1959, and Carlos's father, Louis XVI, announces that Fidel Castro has overthrown President Batista.
• Earlier, Carlos and his family had gotten caught in an exchange of gunfire, in which a stranger used Marie Antoinette as a human shield.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• The author describes Havana in 1958 as a beautiful place, full of blue water and adventure.
• Louis XVI, a powerful judge, has an impressive art collection, including many pieces of which Carlos is afraid.
• Carlos gets into a fight at his Catholic school and defeats the bully.
• One day, school dismisses early because of shootings at the presidential palace.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Carlos and his friends have a game in which they see who can hold on to the pesticide-spraying Jeep the longest.
• Some of the neighborhood boys gang up on Carlos and his friend Rafa and hold their faces in the fire ant pile.
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)