|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Foote and Horwitz spend several hours discussing?
2. What is Michael King's occupation?
3. Where did Westerman stop before being shot?
4. Where was Horwitz's wife from?
5. Who told Horwitz of Sue Curtis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Children of the Confederacy teach children?
2. Why did Alberta Martin marry her first husband?
3. What was Vicksburg at the start of the Civil War according to Chapter 9?
4. What was special about Alberta Martin according to Chapter 13?
5. Who made up the story of the Minie Ball Pregnancy?
6. Who was Alberta Martin's husband?
7. What was the first major battle of the war known as?
8. Who introduced Horwitz to the Civil War according to Chapter 1?
9. Why did Hodge's group go and tend one of the "wounded"?
10. What surprised Horwitz about the Alabama school curriculum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why people would be compelled to relive the lives of soldiers on the battlefield of the Civil War.
Essay Topic 2
Examine what sharecropping was in the early 1900's.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the prison of Andersonville and its history.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)