|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Westerman stop before being shot?
2. What was the central theme of the complaints by Southern people?
3. When did the Civil War start?
4. What did Horwitz borrow from the man who invited him?
5. Where was Horwitz's wife from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Children of the Confederacy teach children?
2. What were "Farb" according to Hodge?
3. Where was the Star-Spangled Banner composed?
4. Who was Shelby Foote according to Chapter 7?
5. What ceremonies did African Americans and Whites commemorate the Civil War soldiers with in Vicksburg?
6. What was Mauriel Johnson's book a counterbalance of?
7. What was special about the history of Fitzgerald after the war?
8. What struck Horwitz as odd about Kentucky's identification to the Confederacy?
9. Who introduced Horwitz to the Civil War according to Chapter 1?
10. Who was Alberta Martin's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why a man would feel compelled to trace back an ancestor's actions during a war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the prison of Andersonville and its history.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how a person could be attracted to the ideal of freedom in the Confederacy knowing what it stood for.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)