|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Horwitz borrow from the man who invited him?
2. What did the CCC fight against?
3. What would Horwitz's host have called the men Horwitz joined?
4. What did the black harbor pilot who hijacked a Confederate ship become?
5. What did the Children of the Confederacy teach children about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Horwitz spend most of his first day at the reenactment lying on the ground?
2. What did the rebel flag represent to some people?
3. What did some of the Confederate groups say about William Martin?
4. How did Shelby Foote become known?
5. Who introduced Horwitz to the Civil War according to Chapter 1?
6. What was special about the history of Fitzgerald after the war?
7. What did Horwitz say about his interest in the Civil War?
8. How did reenactors in Hodge's group spend the night?
9. Whose action did Foote defend to the amazement of Horwitz?
10. Why was Horwitz thrown out of the bar in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reason why a Northern woman would correspond with a Confederate prisoner of war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why people would be compelled to relive the lives of soldiers on the battlefield of the Civil War.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the life of Albert Cashire.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)