|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Horwitz's host have called the men Horwitz joined?
2. What did Horwitz's host's uniform allow him to do?
3. Who invited Horwitz to a reenactment in Chapter 6?
4. How was Horwitz awakened one time according to Chapter 1?
5. What did Mike Hawkins live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Horwitz say about his interest in the Civil War?
2. What groups were the Curtis' involved with?
3. What happened in the old Montgomery Capitol?
4. What was the first major battle of the war known as?
5. What event did Melly Meadows once win?
6. Who adopted the Michael Westerman story to promote their agenda?
7. What was peculiar about the monument to the memory of Confederate soldiers in Kingstree according to Chapter 4?
8. What did Mauriel Johnson study according to Chapter 12?
9. What did some of the Confederate groups say about William Martin?
10. What were "Farb" according to Hodge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the welcome sign of Montgomery "We're History! Visit the Civil Rights Memorial, The First Confederate Capitol" could help reconcile the two community of Montgomery.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why a man would feel compelled to trace back an ancestor's actions during a war.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the goal of the Ku Klux Klan when it was first created and contrast it with the current Ku Klux Klan.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)