|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jamie Westendorf point out the old locations of in Charleston?
2. Where did Horwitz settle in after returning to the U.S.?
3. What did Mike Hawkins live in?
4. Where did Foote live?
5. How did the Ku Klux Klan see Westerman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did some of the Confederate groups say about William Martin?
2. How did reenactors in Hodge's group spend the night?
3. Who introduced Horwitz to the Civil War according to Chapter 1?
4. What did the Sons of Confederate Veterans allow Mike Hawkins to do?
5. What was Mauriel Johnson's book a counterbalance of?
6. What was peculiar about the monument to the memory of Confederate soldiers in Kingstree according to Chapter 4?
7. What groups were the Curtis' involved with?
8. What event opened the Civil War according to Chapter 3?
9. What did the sign of Montgomery say according to Chapter 14?
10. What was unique about Henry Wirz's fate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Civil War and the reasons it shaped American psyche.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Star Spangled Banner.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the prison of Andersonville and its history.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)