|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Redbone's Saloon according to Chapter 5?
2. What did Horwitz plan when he got back home?
3. When did the Civil War start?
4. Where did the battle being reenacted take place historically?
5. What did the men of the CCC feel the Confederate flag represented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted the group of African American to harass Michael Westerman?
2. Where was the Star-Spangled Banner composed?
3. Who was Alberta Martin's husband?
4. What did Horwitz say about his interest in the Civil War?
5. What did Horwitz do prior to going to the reenactment according to Chapter 6?
6. What famous event was the turning point of the Shiloh battle?
7. What was Mauriel Johnson's book a counterbalance of?
8. What did a local pharmacist do with his shop?
9. What did Horwitz follow on the battlefield?
10. What were "Farb" according to Hodge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Civil War and the reasons it shaped American psyche.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the prison of Andersonville and its history.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Star Spangled Banner.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)