|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnson's main goal with her book?
(a) Telling the story of the women during the war.
(b) Telling the story of the children of the war.
(c) Balancing the "Myths" about Andersonville.
(d) Balancing the "Myths" about the Union victories.
2. What were most of the Battlefields and memorial markers surrounded by?
(a) They didn;t indicate the right place.
(b) They were durty.
(c) Suburban sprawl and housing developments.
(d) Some were missing.
3. When did the woman believed to have been the last surviving widow of a Civil War soldier die according to Horwitz 's research?
(a) A few years before Horwitz's book was written.
(b) A few days before Horwitz's book was written.
(c) A few month before Horwitz's book was written.
(d) A few decades before Horwitz's book was written.
4. What made Wolfgang Hochbruck interested in the Civil War?
(a) Shelby Foote's novel about the Shiloh's battle.
(b) His history teacher.
(c) Horwtiz's first book.
(d) The movie glory.
5. How much was Alberta's husband's pension?
(a) $20 per month.
(b) $50 per month.
(c) $30 per month.
(d) $10 per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many charges did the Union withstood?
2. What did Horwitz argue Rose Sanders used the same way as the Confederacy?
3. What was the repercussion of the Minie Ball Pregnancy story at the time?
4. What did Atlanta have a tradition of?
5. What did the commander of the Andersonville prison become for a group of Southerners?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)