|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Foote usually arrive at the battlefield?
(a) Around 3 PM.
(b) Around noon.
(c) Late at night.
(d) Early in the day.
2. Why was Michael Westerman allegedly killed?
(a) He was a preacher.
(b) He was black.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) Displaying a Confederate flag.
3. What did Mike Hawkins live in?
(a) A teepee.
(b) An appartment.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A house.
4. What was Westerman's killer sentenced to?
(a) 25 years to life.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) 10 to 25 years.
5. When did the Civil War start?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mike Hawkins' great great grandfather lose during the Civil War?
2. What did Horwitz paint on his wall?
3. What did Hodge tell Horwitz not to bring?
4. What did Horwitz admire in Walt?
5. What did the black students of the local high school wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Horwitz thrown out of the bar in Chapter 5?
2. What was Horwitz disturbed by at the start of the trip?
3. What did Children of the Confederacy teach children?
4. What was special about the history of Fitzgerald after the war?
5. What did Mauriel Johnson study according to Chapter 12?
6. How did Shelby Foote become known?
7. What did Foote do during his visits of the Shiloh battlefield?
8. What struck Horwitz as odd about Kentucky's identification to the Confederacy?
9. What park has a sculpture of major Confederate figures carved?
10. Why was Horwtiz fascinated by the Shiloh battle as a child according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)