|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Walt protest in his youth?
(b) The Vietnam war.
(c) Tution cost.
2. Where did Horwitz decide to start his travel with according to Chapter 2?
(b) The Potomac River.
3. What did Horwitz plan when he got back home?
(a) A trip with his wife.
(b) To replace his glasses.
(c) To buy a uniform.
(d) A campaign of his own.
4. Where did Foote live?
(a) New Orleans.
5. Who invited Horwitz to a reenactment in Chapter 6?
(a) Thomas Hall.
(b) Markus Young.
(c) Rob Hodge.
(d) Susy Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Shelby Foote according to Chapter 7?
2. Where did Horwitz settle in after returning to the U.S.?
3. When did Foote frequently visit the battlefield?
4. What did Horwitz paint on his wall?
5. What did Foote and Horwitz spend several hours discussing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shelby Foote become known?
2. Why did Alberta Martin marry her first husband?
3. What were Hodge's "Civil Wargasm" according to Chapter 10?
4. What event opened the Civil War according to Chapter 3?
5. Who adopted the Michael Westerman story to promote their agenda?
6. What did Horwitz say about his interest in the Civil War?
7. Where was the Star-Spangled Banner composed?
8. Why did Horwitz spend most of his first day at the reenactment lying on the ground?
9. What did Children of the Confederacy teach children?
10. Why did Hodge's group go and tend one of the "wounded"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)