|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most people see Westerman as?
(a) A bully.
(b) A nice guy.
(c) A pillar of virtues.
(d) A simple guy.
2. Where did Westerman stop before being shot?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) At a post office.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At an AA meeting.
3. What was Redbone's Saloon according to Chapter 5?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A church.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A biker bar.
4. What did the caps of the local high school student celebrate?
(a) The end of racism.
(b) Malcom X.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Martin Luther King.
5. What did the black students of the local high school wear?
(a) Caps with M on it.
(b) Caps with L.
(c) Caps with KKK with a donkey on it.
(d) Caps with an X on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joel Dorfman from?
2. Where did Horwtiz's grandfather come from?
3. Where did the battle being reenacted take place historically?
4. Why was Michael Westerman allegedly killed?
5. How was Westerman killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Horwitz say about his interest in the Civil War?
2. Why did Hodge's group go and tend one of the "wounded"?
3. What was unique about Henry Wirz's fate?
4. Why did Alberta Martin marry her first husband?
5. What surprised Horwitz about the Alabama school curriculum?
6. Why was Horwitz thrown out of the bar in Chapter 5?
7. What groups were the Curtis' involved with?
8. What was special about the history of Fitzgerald after the war?
9. What prompted the group of African American to harass Michael Westerman?
10. What did the rebel flag represent to some people?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)