|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Horwitz of Sue Curtis?
(a) The cemetery caretaker.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The bookkeeper.
2. What was the central theme of the complaints by Southern people?
(a) The South had not enough economical help.
(b) The political power lay in the North.
(c) The North took all the good lands.
(d) The South was oppressed politically and economically.
3. What was the name of the owner of the farm the march was on?
(a) Robert Robertson.
(b) Robert Studd.
(c) Robert Old.
(d) Robert Young.
4. When did the Civil War start?
5. Where was Guthrie located?
(a) In the center of Kentucky.
(b) on the coast.
(c) At the Tennessee-Kentucky border.
(d) In the center of Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "Start Spangled Banner" composed?
2. What did the Children of the Confederacy teach children about?
3. Who killed Michael Westerman according to the patrons of the bar?
4. What did Horwitz do after talking with the actors?
5. What did the father of the grass basket maker warn her about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unique about Henry Wirz's fate?
2. What did Children of the Confederacy teach children?
3. What did the rebel flag represent to some people?
4. What did some of the Confederate groups say about William Martin?
5. What ceremonies did African Americans and Whites commemorate the Civil War soldiers with in Vicksburg?
6. How did reenactors in Hodge's group spend the night?
7. Why was Horwtiz fascinated by the Shiloh battle as a child according to Chapter 8?
8. What event opened the Civil War according to Chapter 3?
9. What did Horwitz do prior to going to the reenactment according to Chapter 6?
10. What was peculiar about the monument to the memory of Confederate soldiers in Kingstree according to Chapter 4?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)