|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the caps of the local high school student celebrate?
(a) The end of racism.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Malcom X.
2. What battlefield did Foote visit frequently?
(a) The battle of Stone Wall.
(b) The battle of Gettysburg.
(c) The battlefield of Shiloh.
(d) The battle of Bull Run.
3. What did Hodge tell Horwitz not to bring?
(a) A rented uniform.
(b) A rifle.
(c) Anything modern.
4. What was Horwitz surprised to hear Foote defend?
(a) Some actions of the Southerners after the war.
(b) Slaves ownership.
(c) That the south was oppressed.
5. What did Mike Hawkins' great great grandfather lose during the Civil War?
(a) A leg.
(b) An arm.
(c) An eye.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Charleston settled?
2. What did Horwitz paint on his wall?
3. Why did Horwitz not have much to do?
4. Who killed Michael Westerman according to the patrons of the bar?
5. When did the Civil War start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who adopted the Michael Westerman story to promote their agenda?
2. What does Horwitz say of some of the people feeling pride toward the Confederacy?
3. What did Horwitz do prior to going to the reenactment according to Chapter 6?
4. What was unique about Henry Wirz's fate?
5. Why did Horwitz see a contradiction between the South's perceived oppression and the reality?
6. What did the African American congressman Joe McGill tell Horwtiz about what happened to him during the war?
7. What did Horwitz say about Sanders' rhetoric?
8. What groups were the Curtis' involved with?
9. What were Hodge's "Civil Wargasm" according to Chapter 10?
10. Who introduced Horwitz to the Civil War according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)